1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Post-Draft, Would You Keep Emmanuel Sanders?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HugeSnack, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Yes, I'd match New England's offer and keep him, like we did.

69.0%
  2. No, I'd take the pick, but only if we could draft my exact guy.

6.9%
  3. No, I'd take the pick, and trust the Steelers to draft whoever they felt like.

24.1%
  1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I've seen both Sanders and Brown multiple times on talk shows and don't get the feeling that there is any rift between them or anyone on the team anymore. And I really hope thats not our WR corpse, that's awfully raw, I don't think it will be that. And while I think you may be right about Brown in the future, it won't be this season, bet he is on the practice squad this year. I think the vets make the team, definitely one of either Plax or Cotch, maybe both. Again, this comes down to having different beliefs, you feel that anyone can be plugged in at WR and not miss a beat, I think it's more difficult then that and will see that reflected in the roster this season.

I'm pulling for Dunn, I like him but LSH I think has the inside track on him, pretty good return man himself and can add to the running game. I hope they can find a way to get Dunns speed on the field though.

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah I think LSH has the inside track due to his 3rd down back ability. I'm sure one of the vets will make it and while my line up is raw it is also explosive. Brown and Sanders have been here for 4 years now they should be the leaders of the wrs and we shouldn't have to keep aging vets around. I could see JB going to the practice squad for a year but I could also see a team snatching him up when we try to put him there. I think he is better then Clemmons and he got taken by the jags I don't know if the Steelers will risk that again this year.

3. turkeysniper

turkeysniper Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i gotta agree about justin brown. the PS is fine if they want to take that chance but with all the 1 year contracts at the wr position they have to think about next year. heck , i'd worry about putting woods there and losing him.
    i think plax or cotchery are the odd man out. if it were up to me plax would be the one because of his age.

whomever takes over punt return duties will have an inside track also. LSH and dunn have not been punt returners. being just a kick returner won't cut it.

now there will be a spot for a guy that can return kickoffs, punts, play ST's and has some ability at a position.

gilreath may be that guy. DVD is quite fast too. maybe faster then dunn. i'm not sure if he has ever returned KO's or punts. he's a gunner and decent CB. alot of things are just hard to call right now and until they put the pads on and get under live fire we won't know about some guys.

you have to plan for next year though, and not throw in this year because the money situation may not be much better by then.

:cool:

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I was wondering about that too but really don't know much about that process, I mean there are a lot of players on all the practice squads throughout the league, he's an unproven talent, must be dozens like him in the same boat, don't know what kind of odds that would be involved with him being taken. But like you said, Clemmons was taken so yeah, maybe not worth the risk.

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think that generally speaking, Brown wasn't considered great value in the 6th. He could have gone later or undrafted. I like him and everything, but unless he sets the world on fire in preseason, I see very little risk in letting him go to the practice squad. I think that's exactly where he's headed.

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm really torn on this question. I think under any other circumstance I probably would take the pick. But given this exact situation of uncertainty at the position I think we did the right thing by keeping him one more year.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Agree completely. It's likely that's where he's destined to go. I don't see much risk in signing him to the PS.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    unless we give these young guys some time this year , we are going to be very thin at that spot next year. AB and wheaton will be it, with either a draft pick rookie or a couple of PS guys as our receivers. thats alot of output to make up with a 2nd year guy. losing ward,wallace and sanders in a 3 year stint? replacing them with wheaton? dat's some pretty big shoes to fill.:cool: