1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Wallace continues to prove we make a good decision

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelersWin!, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    You don't consider that an attack on him. Wallace apologized so obviously he knew he stepped over a boundary.

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    It's the macho thing to do

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Never have I waited in such earnest for SteelerGlenn to ask how this is related to the Steelers.

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree spleeny90

5. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Wallace apologized because Godell got in his ass about it! Then made him take the tweets down

6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I believe he apoligized because he was being atacked, do i think he ment his apoligy, NO i dont, AND no i dnt think that was much of an attack, it cld haqve been alot worse... IF clostetcases homosexuals want to come out, then they should expect a lil negativity , Not everyone is a go along to get along typ of person....

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I didn't know Roger was gay also. Whats that make Wallace now. Is it considered a rape allegation. Can we suspend Gooddell for 4 games?

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    O it absolutely could have been a lot worse but it wasn't needed. I'm sure Collins expected criticism but that's my point he shouldn't have been criticized at all. This is his life and I'm sure some of you defending Wallace also blasted mendy for his bin laden tweets.

9. Big_Gayme_Al

Big_Gayme_Al Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Only if he took performance enhancers! :cool: At best, it's a fine for leading with the helmet.

10. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    yeah suspend him ha-ha

11. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes I did blast mendy. He acted like he never knew bin chithead killed a bunch of American's. A lot of them friends of mine.

12. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    But all he said was "we only know what were told"... Wasn't that just stating his opinion ???

13. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes he was. Mine is different than his so I think I rate to state mine. I spent 30 years fighting so that I and all other Americans could do so.

14. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    51st sig AIRBORNE SO I know but it was his right to say it

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Guess i see thing's a lil diff than everyone else then,... why was it needed for for Collens to anounce it,? was it a look at me moment?? ... And your right this is his life, I'M sure he was leading a nice happy life just the way he was a mnth ago, so why bother telling the wrld its non of our buissnes, Like i said i think he did only 4 the attention it brings with it.. IM a firm believer in keeping your personal life personal.. jmo ......

16. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    He didn't want to have to hide it anymore. If he didn't say anything and just started being openly gay tmz would have found out and it would have been worse then him just saying it. I don't see how that compares to what Wallace said

17. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    people who have problems with homosexuality

should have larger problems
    with
    the STRAIGHTS who conceived them

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm done with this conversation, and just for the record i dnt have a prob with him being gay , it's not my he is so i dnt care,... just dnt like it when someone voices there opinion ; and gets jumped for it..... which brings me back to what i said earlier, Todays society is messed up...:herewego!:

19. Big_Gayme_Al

Apr 30, 2012
    We can all agree that there is a certain amount of personal info that is acceptable to share......

What you really mean is that you have a double standard. One set of rules for straights, and something completely different for gays.

A straight public figure can announce their engagement, marriage, birth of a child, etc. and you have absolutely no issue with it. But a gay person merely comes out...........and it's, "whoa buddy keep your personal life personal, cuz I sure do".

I don't remember you having an issue when Big Ben announced his engagement--or birth of his first child. Was he not telling the world, look at me I'm straight? Or, perhaps it was look at me I am bi and have settled down with a woman? Did he do it for the attention? Oh, it didn't really matter why he did it, because you found it perfectly acceptable.

All I am saying is, call things for what they really are.

In part because of this double standard, and a host of other legitimate reasons, is why Jason Collins feels the need to come out publicly.

Fasten your seat belts, until the day that the news that someone is gay is no longer news..........that's the day where there won't be a need to come out.

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wasn't going to comment on this anymore but there seems to be some misunderstanding as to why people come out. It's not to say hey look at me everyone, I'm gay, woohoo. It's so they can start living a normal life, no more hiding, it's being able to go out in public with their significant other, being able to do things just like heterosexual couples. Think about the weight that is lifted by not having to carry around that secret anymore.

21. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    bingo.

"If you want to eliminate homosexuals for whatever reason, isolating them or killing them off won't do anything. Straight people make gay people. There is not ONE SINGLE TIME where a gay couple made a baby. Go on google right now and look up 'backdoor baby'. Zero results." -- Ralphie May

(the quote isn't exact, but it's similar to one of his bits about gay people)

22. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    What's up Al!? Good to see you dude. Drop by more often.

23. Big_Gayme_Al

Apr 30, 2012
    LOL, I was about to say Hi and commend you for staying out of trouble today on the threads!! You caused quite a stir on this one, yesterday!

24. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah but I was just trying to be nice. LOL. That's what I get. I need to let my mean out I guess! I wondered what you would think about this. Also are you pleased with our draft?

25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You've inadvertantly made the point there. If he want's to say "I'm engaged to my partner or me and my partner are adopting" that's perfectly cool and he should. You can throw out the having a baby (naturally) because most male/male couples can't conceive because it doesn't work that way.

Then there's the comparing it to racism or feminism. The mere fact that you can hide it from people so you don't have to alienate your family kills that comparison. Also, Bi-racial couples didn't feel the need to come out publicy and state their preference. They just did it and when the questions inevitably came they stated their love for each other.

I personally don't feel it should be news. Live and let live people!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.