1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Wallace continues to prove we make a good decision

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelersWin!, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steelfan

steelfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Tolerance and acceptance can be mutually exclusive. I can work and be friends with gay people without having to "celebrate or acknowledge" their orientation. I think that's all Mike Wallace was trying to convey. If you want to come down hard on him do it for his on field play, he need not be punished for his opinion. GO STEELERS!

2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Liberace would say

Mike Wallace isn't the brightest candle in the candelabra

3. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think you are incorrect if you don't believe being gay is a choice in some instances. Some people choose to be with the same sex.

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The ones that choose are normally bi

5. Venn

Venn Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Honestly, it doesn't really matter whether or not it is choice: it's more than within their right either way.

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Wallace has every right to "say" what he did. "I do not agree with what you say but I'll defend, to the death, your right to say it." What should be amazing to every one is that anybody cares where a mediocre basketball player likes to put his tingly parts. It's noone else's business.

7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :facepalm: Man today's society is messed up, and im afraid its not gona get any better:praying:

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Care to elaborate are you talking about Wallace or Collins

9. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I don't think we want him to elaborate.

10. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    You're right TTF would probably have to bring out the padlock.

11. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Since it's no one's business, why did the player feel the need to make it a big deal by making it public? (Theoretical question as I agree with you about it being nobody else's business, even if I don't agree with the athlete).

My brother in law is notorious for posting things on facebook like "today is the reckoning day I've been dreading" and then getting mad at people when they ask what he's talking about and responding with something like "it's private family business everyone, stop asking for details!" My response to him is that if it's private family business, why did he bring it to the public by making it his current status on facebook.

12. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Everyone has the right to say what they want but that doesn't mean they should.

13. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    or others tingly parts:lolol:

14. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    At least Mike is Miami's prima donna problem now and I think I know some prime smack talk the DB's will be talking to him to help him "lose focus".

15. SteelerNDC

SteelerNDC Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Wallace didnt say anything wrong. Just like when that ESPN reporter said he believes homosexuality is wrong and premarial sex is wrong but if people want to do it fine thats their choice, the media got all upset only at his part about homosexuality being wrong. Its ok to have an opinion.

Truth is, I will never understand why some men like men, but I am jealous a bit. All of my gay friends get "relations" much easier.

16. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Obviously someone thought he did because his tweets were deleted and then apologized if he offended anyone.

17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Talking about both really, MIKE said nothing wrong, and he gets beat up for it, C ollens says nothing wrong and he gets. praised for it. I dont get soicietys thinking,,. If you dont support homosexuality then your a bad person??....... thats abot all i can say without getting on trouble on here ...

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I tend to agree with Mike Wallace. I also believe that marriage should be a legal agreement between one man and one woman. Family values have taken a toll for the worse over the past couple of decades. JMHO. I know of a teenager who honestly believes that he has 3 different mom figures. Not one of them is biological and not a single father figure in his life. I'm sure each one of his mothers loves and cares for him in their own unique way and perhaps he is lucky to have them all involved in his life but a traditional family it is not.

19. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    No but why was it his business to say anything at all. It was very stupid and he did say something wrong. Me being white if I said something to the effect of I don't understand why this race does this or this race does that would it not be viewed as wrong. If he disagrees with it fine but to publicly attack the guy for it is wrong.

20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Did he attack him??? Did not kno that, thought all he did was send a tweet that he didnt understand why someone wld be that way???

21. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    So are saying that the kids my friend adopted from their meth head mother and locked up father would have been better off staying with them or going into a foster home rather then go to two people who absolutely love them and provide them with stability and care. Most of the times the kids gay couples adopt come from bad spots and don't really have any options. To me a family is a group of people who love each other and take care of each other gay straight whatever.

22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The meth head mother and locked up father probably came from some lousy family values also. Perhaps the children are better off being with the adopted parents but the LGBT community is not completely free of faults also as they would like you to believe.

23. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    I had 2 father figures growing up and neither one of the was my biological father. My POS father walked out on my mother when she was 6 months pregnant with me and had my 1 1/2-year old sister at home. I've never met my father even though has lived 15 minutes from me for the last 40+ years.

My father figures growing up were my grandfather and my uncle and for the last 20 years, my stepfather. With their support along with my mother's, I think my sister and I turned out pretty damn good. Traditional families are not a requirement for happy, healthy kids. If they were, there would be more screwed up people in this world than ther really are.

24. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Man I lived with my gay friend for a long time and no they have their fualts we all do. My biggest thing is be you and don't ever let anybody tell you it's wrong.

25. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Makes no never mind to me BUT, Mike Wallace is entitled to his opinion too!
    Why is it the average male who likes girls is the basher?
    And you can't call me a homophobic because I am a stone cold Lesbian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.