1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Wallace continues to prove we make a good decision

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelersWin!, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelersWin!

SteelersWin! Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
  2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
  3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    well more or less is the same i think but since there are men that likes men , and since everybody is free to love what they likes , wallace is better be happy that more woman will be available

4. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  5. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Of all places to say that in Miami are you kidding me what a tool.

6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    What horrible judgement.

It just shows an overall lack of intelligence.

7. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    well i have to think he didnt mean as bad. i think he was saying he just didnt understand. he just had 140 characters and that is why i wish twitter didnt exist. i have to admit i dont understand it either but i would try to explain it to the world

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The thing is, and the reason Mike Wallace is an idiot for writing that, is because there's nothing to understand. It's not a choice. Nobody wakes up one day and decides to be gay. In fact, a lot of gay men battle internally with the fact they're gay and they try to pretend they're not when they are. Either people are born gay or they become that way as they age, nobody knows for sure, but what is known is it's not a choice. I didn't choose to like women, it just came naturally to me.

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It's so lame how "tolerance" only tends to be extended to those with whom a person agrees. I agree with Mike Wallace and I'm one of the biggest Wallace bashers on this board and if people wanna call me intolerant I don't care. I believe it is wrong. "Intolerance" would be to attack a person physically for being different than you. I'm sick of the fact that people who see things like I do have to be the ones in the "closet" and everybody else gets to say what they want to. Free Speech is a double edged sword and I intend to use it to cut my way just as others intend to use it to cut their way. This basketball player is celebrated for his "bravery" but Tebow is mocked around the world. Mike Wallace can say what he wants to say and he needs to stop worrying about who he is "offending" because they certainly don't care if they offend him. I don't hold it against anybody for having a different opinion than me and I'm sure many will. My side should be afforded the same convenience. Just my opinion. Oh well.

10. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Mike Wallace IS free to say what he wants...at least from political persecution and legal prosecution. But he is also a public figure and he represents the Dolphins and the NFL. So...he does, in that sense, have to choose his words carefully. Imagine if a player ever said, "You know, I don't believe there is such a thing as rape. Women always want it." He can say that...but I doubt the league would stand for it.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    But here's the thing. I'm not completely comfortable with it either. I don't even know if I could be friends with a gay guy, it would be awkward. With that said, I understand it's not a choice so there's nothing to understand. Mike Wallace saying he doesn't understand it makes it seem like gays choose to be gay, which isn't true whatsoever. That's why I think he's an idiot.

The other part of this is that Mike Wallace is a public figure and has a large audience at his fingertips. So while your post falls on deaf ears as you don't matter (don't take offence, I don't matter either in the grand scheme of things), when Mike Wallace tweets something, it is potentially being read by millions of people. Plus he represents not only the Miami Dolphins, but the NFL as a whole. I'm sure neither the Dolphins nor the NFL want him making such comments. If you were the fact of your employer, you bet your ass they'd take issue with your post.

12. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Furthermore, society progresses. Without such progress, women would not be voting, segregation would still exist, and I wouldn't get to see Rooney Mara's boobies in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh I'm sure the Dolphins were telling him to go on damage control for sure.

14. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with you. Though, I don't know that Wallace coming out and stating his view like he did was the best idea given how closely monitored sports figures actions and statements are.

15. C ZACK

C ZACK Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I honestly don't think I could have said it any better. I agree with you. This post deserves an early nomination for post of the year. It's really refreshing to know that there are people who feel the same way as me.

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Thank you.

17. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah, this right here.

Its so simple, if its a controversial topic, just STFU and keep your thoughts to yourself. But some people cant help themselves. I see it on FaceBook all of the time. People fight and bicker back and forth all of the time not realizing, or worse, not caring that literally tens of thousands of other people can be reading it. And 99.5% of the time its the uneducated dopes that do it. At least their stupidity provides me with a few minutes of entertainment.

18. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yup. Being free to say something and actually doing it are 2 completely different things. I'm fee to call my boss a moron but I better have a new job waiting for me.

Not understanding homosexuality and saying "all these beautiful women and guys wanna mess with other guys. SMH." are also 2 completely different things and he, his agent or his new employer obviously felt the same way since the comment was deleted.

19. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    i agree with you and i will never understand it. i also believe that it is a choice. God intend for men and women to be together. maybe wallace believes the same. i think its sad that the president calls this player and congradulates him on coming out, but a single mother of 3 whos marine husband was killed in a meaningless war hears nothing. i worry about this country

20. Steelers36Fever

Steelers36Fever New Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Honestly, its sad to me that it has come to the point that Mike cannot have his own opinion on the issue. Society now says Either be completely acceptant or do not open your mouth. How can society be accepting of all points of view if they will not be okay with an opposing view?

21. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    i am sorry venn but that last statement is what is wrong. you dont rearrange your beliefs because things arent what you want them to be. thats when you hold on to your beliefs

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

This discussion needs to change direction before the padlock comes out...

23. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
  24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    What is that from? That guy looks incredibly creepy. LOL. Is that YOU???

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You don't understand it either :lolol: I have 3 gay friends, all women, 1 says it's a choice and the other 2 say they didn't ask for it, it's just what they are attracted to.

Anyway, what Mike said was silly but not terrible but in todays overly sensitive politically correct world, it will get ripped to pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.