1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite Pick of the 2013 Steeler Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Fe3CCity, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    To me it seems easy

Shmarko Thomas in the 4th.

I think it's great value and a replacement for Clark.

I see him as a stud SPer for next year

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    jarvis jones and shamarko should be good

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  4. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Shamarko Thomas for me as well... Although he cost us a 3, but I'd have been comfortable selecting him there honestly. If Troy teaches this kid for a year or two... watch out.

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Landry Jones. I'm hoping he'll become a very good backup and will allow us to cut Ben before he becomes washed up.

Flame away, but I hate Ben and want to see someone take his job (someone good though, not just anyone).

6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I liked every pic of our's in the first four rounds:applaud::applaud:

7. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if jones become better than ben or at least at his level i will come to pittsburgh and i offer you a dinner , (i live in itay)

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bell, love the pick, been pimping him for a while.

9. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    jarvis and vince williams. the more i have looked at him i am happy

10. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Wheaton and Shamarko. i'm not even that thrilled about Jarvis Jones. i think he'll make me eat crow but that's how i feel right now.

11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Why do you hate Ben so much? I hate some of the things he's done off the field but we're fortunate to have him as our quarterback. I like the pick of Landry Jones too and actually think he's in a good situation with us.

12. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I like several of the picks but I think my favorite is Bell. I remember the days that the Bus used to wear defenses down and then just keep on running the rock down their throats. Defenses used to argue with each other about who was going to tackle the Bus. Nobody wanted to hit him. THAT is Steeler football and I hope Bell can help us get back to that!

13. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Just dont see the Jones pick...:hmmm:

14. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Which Jones?

15. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry QB

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    wheaton,L.jones,bell,thomas,hawthorne,williams 1, jones,williams 2.brown.:cool:

17. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow:facepalm:... Just wow...:facepalm:
    Of course you`re going to be flamed for this.
    Have you seen the qb`s we went thru, between him and Bradshaw?!?!
    It`s a message board, and a free country, so you are entitled to your opinion.
    And if you are referring to him as a person, not a qb, you probably have several board members in your corner...
    However, do you really think our team has half as good a chance to win without him, as with him???
    Plenty of flaws in his game, but he IS a competitor, and proven winner.
    The "superman" aura may be slightly tarnished, but he has still done a LOT of great things for his team, on the field.
    To flat out HATE him, I just dont understand, it`s as if you know him personally, or just believe every bad piece of press you read about him in the media.
    :shrug:
    Whatev`s, that is your choice.
    Personally, I am glad we picked him out of a small college, and he has had the success he has had, for our TEAM...
    Although, I have no problem with the Landry Jones pick, other than him being named after an arch-rival`s coach:rolleyes:, and possibly picking Ben`s potential replacement a bit early...
    My Fave of the draft could be Jarvis Jones, if he lives up to his potential, but I felt like we needed a runningback(Bell), maybe even more. The kid looks like the real deal, other than the hurdles, and over reliance on the spin move.
    (That may have just been because I was watching "highlight" tapes, tho...)
    Wheaton, sure came across well in his interviews, and the youtube vids I saw of his playing time.
    He easily could wind up being my favorite... Time will tell.:cool::yeehaw:
    GO STEELERS!!!

18. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm with Jack and BF. I say Bell. I really loved the fact that Todd Haley said he wouldn't mind giving it to him 30 times a game and hopefully this winter we will get to see some old fashioned Steeler football courtesy of Bell.

19. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Agree here!

20. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Just to piss some off I'm going to say Landry Jones for the hell of it hahahahahahah..........

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would rather have Carnell teaching him, Troy will probably be out injured
    or rehabbing.

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm just starting my "film" review of the guys that we took that I hadn't watched a lot of film on, and I watched a bunch of stuff on Shamarko Thomas this AM, including (so far) 3 full games. Love him. What a football player. When you read the write-ups about him online, all that people talk about is his hitting and tackling. After a while, the write-ups will give you the impression that he is an in-the-box safety who is good enough in pass coverage to get by, but not a really good pass defender. However, after watching a few full games I think that his pass defense is his #1 strength. In coverage he shows pretty much everything you need a safety to do, in either man or zone responsibilities. It's kind of difficult to review a safety's pass coverage ability because the camera is focused on the QB until the ball comes out. On many plays, as the camera was tracking the ball downfield to someone not being covered by Shamarko, I would pause the video and see if I could find him. Sure enough, on several occasions I was able to pick out #21 playing so close to a receiver on the other team that he could reach out and give the guy a wedgie. The things that they say about his pursuit and tacking are true. Like Mike Mayock said as Shamarko was lining up for his face-plant 40 at the combine, he looks like a heat seeking missile. However, he is so much more. He is a complete safety prospect who can play in-the-box, on the slot or in deep zone, and be effective in all areas. I am nowhere close to finishing my review of our new Steelers, and I don't know yet if Thomas will end up being my favorite pick, but he's going to be a good one. Love the pick!

Edit: Two more things about Thomas: 1) in the 3 games that I watched, plus the highlight reels, I did not see any headhunting at all. He tackles receivers in the low/middle part of their bodies, or plays the ball. He's at low risk for drawing those sometimes justified, sometimes annoying, defenseless receiver penalties. 2) by all accounts he's a high character guy who "gets it."

23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Good draft all the way around. Filled needs. I like the QB Jones pick but not my fav. Fresh approach and now Ben is the elder statesman. Batch should be brought in as an assistant QB coach.

Shamarko Thomas is is for me. I believed pre draft that a safety needed to be drafted if not two and wanted Millner.

Thomas can step in and replace either safety if needed and make an impact. And with Troys injury history we might be seeing him sooner then later.
    What an upgrade over cement shoes Mundy.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Did you hate Ben when he helped lead the Steelers to 2 Superbowl wins. Or you must have forgot about the likes of Kordell Stewart, Bubby Brister, Neil O Donnell, Tommy Maddox, Kent Graham. It took the Steelers 20 years to find another franchise QB after Bradshaw retired be careful what you wish for.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I like Jarvis Jones and Bell also Thomas I remember watching Bell early last season at Michigan State and thinking the Steelers should draft him.