1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Allen on the Steelers problems in 2012

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 30, 2013.

1. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    People who defend BA do so with an armful of PRODUCTION.
    People who defend Haley do so with an armful of PREDICTION.

Is DS "Hollywood Playboy" from other boards? I am certain it is him, because Playboy was very much a no-nonsense, quantitaive thinker. And that's fine. But there are always caviats and contexts for just about everything. So I will work with the quantitative.

Arians has nine years as an OC and HC. Haley has six. Here's how "productive" their units are:

Arians: Win %: .584, Off Rank: PPG: 18.3 / YPG: 18.0, Avg. QBR: 76.08
    Haley: Win %:.479 win %, Off Rank: PPG: 16.67 / YPG: 16.83, Avg. QBR: 87.2

Advantage Haley. He's been a more productive OC. By Shiner's standard, these numbers prove it. I'm not sure where this argument comes from or where it's going, but the idea that we're "worse off" under Haley is hogwash.

2. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    hey, Bobby: Steeler Glenn wanted me to pass along a message thats he's still alive and well.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I said when he was hired that, love or hate him, he'll need at least 2 years to integrate himself and his schemes into the team. What has me so down on him at the moment is that as I predicted, he brought his bull**** with him, the guy just doesn't seem to learn. Coughlin even toned down his act in NY when it was apparent he was losing the team. Unfortunately though, I think Haley is a psycho and won't change.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Guilty conscience ? Wow! You attended nine games last year I guess that either makes you rich or you live in or near The Burgh. Either way I guess that makes you a bigger fan than me. Heck I guess that might make you the biggest fan ever. Unless of course someone went to ten. For your information I played 7 yrs of semi - pro here in NY, but maybe nothing outside the state of Pennsylvania counts either. I never quit on a coach ,especially between the lines because I would never quit on myself. It's embarassing and a shame you would admit to such. You are the one who decided to take what I said personally and put my words in quotes....... Take a deep breath, maybe count to ten......it's not that serious.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah it's actually funny how long these brackets became. In summation a few people miss BA. A few (including the Rooney's) do not.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    No. THIS is a Psycho.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me-VhC9ieh0

7. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    :thumbs_up:

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Hey 12to88 are you Glenn's alter ego who is here just to find out what people are doing when we don't think you are watching? LOL.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Honestly...I've actually considered killing that bit of code in the past because of how out of hand it gets. I'll revisit it and see if I can't come up with something to prevent the 1200 px long wall of quotes.

10. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    WELL,
    some of us know him as YO CREEPO
    :smiley1:

11. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    ...or Pittsburgh75
    :p

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    NO TTF!!! THEY'RE SOOOOO CHARMING!!! LOL.

13. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    No, he contacted me via eBay and wanted me to pass that note along. Biz was on this thread, so it was an impulse to do it here rather than a private message.

14. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Holy smokes...how do people know/remember this? Impressive.

15. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    And yes Dick, is the infamous HPB from the old time boards, so YOU nailed that one.

Uh-oh, here comes another one of those quotes in quotes in quotes things I was talking about.

16. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I'd hate to see it eliminated because it is useful. But sometimes it gets hard to follow along and it gets impossible on a mobile. It gets to where each line in a single letter and you're scrolling for minutes to get to the end.

17. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I can imagine. It's bad enough on a monitor. .

I think I've got a fix working. Hopefully it works.

18. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    You always tell the story of going to SB X as a kid, so that's how I remember.
    Same story, Different S/N = same guy

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I tried to look on here from a blackberry a couple of days ago and it said my ip address was banned. What's that about?

20. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I don't know. PM me the details and I'll look into it.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Ok. I will after Dallas goes off. LOL. I'm fixing to start it on my dvr so I can skip the commercials.

22. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I think some of them tried... God forbid if it actually worked!!! ;)
    Regardless.... LMAO!!!! I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!
    This thread reminds me of some of the debates between Deljick, and TheStallWorthSwann...
    well spoken arguments, on both sides, but, this time we have DickShiner and TomlinEra, Vs. Jack Attack, and BFT!!!
    (With kudos to Strummerfan, the steeldeal, and a few others for chiming in ;) )
    Great reading, up until the quotes become damn near a whole page long, in single letter lines... hahahahaha...
    At least we now have an active administrator, who has promised to look into a fix for that!:thumbs_up: (Thanx, "Towelie... ;) )
    Although it turned into a great debate about Bruce vs. Haley, I really didnt have a problem with what Will Allen originally said.
    I saw no disrespect in it, whatsoever... Just an honest answer to what he was asked..
    Go ahead, look back at the very beginning of this thread for a link to it, because I don`t feel like doing it for ya... hahahaha...
    GO STEELERS!!!

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Just for the record Tomlin_Era is one of my very best friends on this board and will continue to be. It's just on this one issue that we disagree. But I'm sure by this point next year he'll come around. LOL.

24. Dick Shiner

Dick Shiner Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Haha! Huh? WTF?!?! Am I the only one that looks at the 'tale of the tape' and doesn't see 'Advantage Haley?!' I'll take the winning percentage, offensive ranking, points per game, and yards per game numbers that are all in Arians favor. I guess QBR is EVERYTHING to you?! "We were 0-16 but, hey, check out our QBR!"

And did you really include Arians years in Cleveland? C'mon, man!! Anything you can do to skew the numbers, right? Can you copy and paste a photo of Kelly Holcomb and Dennis Northcut next to photos of Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald while you're at it just so everyone knows what hands these OC's were dealt?

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well you know what they say, winning cures all! If we're some sort of juggernaut next season I'll be first in line for my plate of crow :thumbs_up: Of course, I could always use the "we win in spite of Haley" excuse :innocent: