1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2013 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 10, 2013.

1. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The fantasy draft selection thread, 3rd sticky down, will have the first 16 players selected in the mock. Everyone not already selected is available to the Steelers.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks 58 :thumbsup:

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    My Vote:

DE/OLB Damontre Moore (Texas A&M)

4. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I might get crucified but The Drunk GM pick Te'o ILB.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Just keep in mind what happens in real life does NOT effect our mock here...and if a player if a FA then they were ALREADY off the team. So for our mock he's been gone since we started along with every other FA they have.

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Im calling it for OLB D Moore with it seems like 7 votes

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I watched a lot more film on Moore earlier this evening, including going back to 2011 when he was an OLB. I'm seeing a heck of a pass rusher and 4-3 end. I think he should be a top 10 pick as a 4-3 end. I'm seeing limitations as an OLB though. One thing - in watching him at OLB in 2011 I also got to see a bit of Porter at the "joker" hybrid DE/OLB position that Moore played this year. That guy is really intriguing me. I'm going to have to watch more of him.

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This mock did definitely not go the Steelers' way, in my opinion. I probably would have tried trading back.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I won't be to pleased if we end up picking Moore for real. I've seen several mocks by our members here that I would like better then this pick (I understand many were chosen already in the fantasy draft, just saying).

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    You gotta have offers to trade back though.

And yeah while I wouldn't hate Moore...he may not be the best option in the world at this spot either.

11. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    yeah, I hated the way it went too......... when I was picking for the saints, I had serious thoughts about grabbing mingo, but I had to keep it realistic............ ansah's ceiling was just too high to pass up on

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    For those who voted for Moore, I'm curious if any of you can point me to video of him dropping into coverage effectively. I absolutely love how he plays at and behind the line of scrimmage, but as we know a 3-4 OLB in our scheme has to be able to contribute in coverage as well. I looked pretty hard to find good tape of him in coverage, and all that I could find from 2011 suggested that he is really a 4-3 DE only. I want to believe he can do it though, because I think he could be a 10+ sack guys as a rookie.

13. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Especially since our other OLB is Woodley. I mean, he's decent at it for his size, but he's not the cover OLB. Harrison was, and Harrison's replacement will have to be. I don't want to go with a big, strong, slow type. We need an athlete, if we're going outside of Worilds.

14. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Rarely are our OLB's running man on man coverage. Typically they're asked to cover a zone area, which he can do IMO. I'm pretty sure you won't find any tape of Woodley at Michigan or Worilds at VA Tech doing it either. This whole "can he drop into coverage" thing is blown out of proportion to me.

15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Look for his 2010 tape.

16. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Voting for the Steelers 2nd round pick will open as soon as the Rams make their selection. If the 'Boys select your player, you may change your pick. This may help speed up the process.

17. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I vote for Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky.

18. centralpa007

centralpa007 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    John Cyprien Safety, Florida International. WRs were tempting, but think this guy would be a great fit.

19. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Zach Ertz TE Stanford.
    In Haley's system (2) good TE's will do damage, similar to the Patriots. Way too much value to pass on here, IMO.

20. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Dustin Hopkins K Florida State

Okay, maybe not.:lolol:

How about Justin Pugh, OG, Syracuse

21. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I will go with the T.E. Ertz. also.

:yeehaw:

22. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Man, I really don't want to take a tight end early. But you make a good case, and it's great value.

Another thing to consider, though, is that this is probably Haley's last year with us. There will be plenty of coaching vacancies next year, and everyone loves an already-failed-coach-but-proven-coordinator. Not that it means 2 TEs would be a bad thing. Whoever replaces Haley could try to utilize them, too.

Giovani Bernard is on the board, too. Some interesting options. I will abstain from voting for right now. Need some time to think.

23. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Hard to decide, the two on my big board that are still out there that are great value are Ertz (TE) and Poyer (CB) where as Warford (G) is right in line where we should be and Cyprien would be another reach for this spot in the draft but on top of that there have been so many reaches already from where I have certain guys ranked. I realize not everyone has my rankings or point of view but that doesn't make this vote any easier.

I guess since it is such a need and we still don't have a lot of offensive options I'll vote for

Zach Ertz TE Stanford

24. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    a lot of good choices for us in this rd.... (unlike the 1st)....I've always been high on cyprien and ertz would be a good pick too, among many others......but with the switch to more athletic o-linemen, and my very public disdain for gilbert, my vote has to go to ark. pine bluff ot terron armstead

25. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011