1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We will not finish above 500

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Sixpack, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Too many holes to fill, talent is lacking, bad off season moves .if you think otherwise, you are delusional.

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Oh... I guess I may as well hibernate for a year and pick up on following the Steelers this time next year when we have a chance.

Anyone who thinks that the any team, other than true rebuilders like Jacksonville and Philly, are guaranteed to be out of it next year, is delusional. A lot can happen, both before and during the season. The roster that we have right now is a contender if healthy.

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The Steelers have cut their Colon and are bleeding to death!

5. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    .500, we'll be lucky to win 4 games. Thanks to management for a great job.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yes, yes I are.

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    your right!!
    i predict
    497 points on offense!!!!

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Delusional, no, regretful I opened this post, absolutely, 5 seconds I'll never get back.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    darcrav's posts are what are going to be the main thing that get me through this off-season, I can see this already.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Above 500 what? Points? Tackles? Injuries?

11. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    thanks santee, of all those ,the last one is the most likely.
    my heart sinks
    if big ben gets hurt again it 500 times worse than losing any of these players in this free agency frenzy
    REALITY BITES

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I definitely haven't ruled them out, but I am worried.

Is Worilds good enough to replace Harrison? We don't know, but there's promise
    Will Woodley return to form and stay healthy? We don't know.
    What is our Dline going to look like? Will Hood step up, will either McClendon or Ta'amu step up and play well? What will Heyward do? Big question mark here
    Cant Troy stay healthy? That's another big question mark.
    Can Cortez Allen play well enough for us? He can catch, but no clue if he can defend yet.
    Will our Oline finally step up and play well? They should, but until they actually do...

Then we have known problems, like mediocre players starting for us, such as Foote and Gay. We don't have a true #1 WR. Brown is good, but he's going to be double teamed and paired against the #1 CB now, and it's a big drop off after him. Sanders has not proven anything yet, and Plax hasn't been a starter in this league for a while. We are lacking talent at the RB position. Our only good receiving TE is hurt.

Some of those things may be addressed before the season starts, but for now, we have a lot of question marks on this team and we are lacking talent in key areas.

While we could definitely win the division and make the playoffs, we could also easily go 8-8 or worse. I just don't see how anyone can disagree with the above. Sure we have lots of promise with our young players, but for now, it's just promise and we all know how quickly a promising player can fall off the face of the earth (Sweed).

13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Sweed was promising coming out of the draft before he even stepped a foot onto the field. And when he did, all of that promise went out the window. These other guys have actually shown promise on the field.

Sure they may not all pan out like we'd hope, but maybe, just maybe they'll really shine and grow into their roles once the spotlight is on them.

14. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    That's kind of my point. Maybe they'll shine, maybe they won't. Our team has a lot of question marks this upcoming season. There's simply no reason to be too confident about this team right now. We're definitely not a Super Bowl contender this year, although there's no saying we can't get to that point. I just think we're in a bit of a lull right now

15. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah, you're right. This team could go 6-10 or 11-5 next year. It is in transition and thats just part of the natural order of things. The Steelers have been here before and Im confident that they'll pull through it without much of a lull. What gets me are those doom and gloomers who think that this is it and this team is forever shot. There are some that think this is a 4 win team. Then there are some who want to blow it all up and start again essentially assuring that they'd be a 4 win team. They're fine. They're in transition and they'll pull through it. I tend to look at the past and trust the organization. Their track record over the past 20 years in worthy of the benefit of the doubt, yet some here (a lot actually) don't see it that way.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think it's more that it's happening during the best years left of our qb.:cool:

17. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    total moron ... 4 wins is crazy

HINES

18. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Yea, we couldnt win the SB from the 6th seed, couldnt go 3-1 without Ben during his suspension, couldnt win 6 superbowls... Make sure you re telling the media we re done as well. Nothing kicks the Steelers in the arse more than being the underdog.

In 37 yrs as a fan, the Steelers have only failed to make the playoffs, 15 times. The last time we only won 4 games was 1967. Even if they do only win 4 games, thanks management for doing such an awesome job. Just for the record, Dallas has only won 2 playoff games since 1996.

Always easy to spot the bandwagoners and the fairweather fans. :facepalm:

19. Dick Shiner

Dick Shiner Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    I know things have been tough since XLV but thanks for posting your video to YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TdYIiQGSmw

Things will get better.

20. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    How are people who are nervous about this year bandwagon and fairweather fans? I'm very nervous about this upcoming season, that doesn't make me a fairweather fan, it makes me passionate about this team. The fact that it's March and I'm already worried means I care.

21. Dick Shiner

Dick Shiner Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    I think that comment suggested the people who have been watching this team for three or four decades have a bit more patience, trust, and understanding with the moves the organization makes. There's no sense getting overly emotional about transactions because we all did it so many years ago when we saw guys like Franco and Webby leave, heard Bradshaw was trying to make a comeback with Tampa Bay, saw Merriweather and Lipps split, saw Lloyd, Woodson, and Lake leave . . . (Heck, I was nineteen and disappointed some young nobody named Cowher got the head coaching job Mean Joe Greene interviewed for) . . . and we never really missed a beat. Even more importantly, in hindsight, they all seemed like the right move.

So, when our team makes moves that some younger folks might be going apeshlt over, the older crowd kinda just shrugs their shoulders and thinks, "Meh, I'm sure it'll all work out."

I don't know that anybody who commits as much time as we all do to this board is a "bandwagoner" or "fairweather" fan. Heck, "fan" by definition is short for "fanatic" which, clearly, we all are.

Some are just more experienced fanatics than others, I guess.

22. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Some of us who've been fans going on 40 years can still get nervous, anxious, or prone to fits of madness. After all, we live and die with the team.

I'm less prone to that in the off-season. I've resigned myself to the fact that we rarely make big moves in the off-season, and usually let "talent" walk away. Odd how we still keep winning though. :D

We're due for a bad year. I mean a BAD year. But that's going off the law of averages. Right now, there's little way of knowing how competitive we'll be. So we may as well relax and wait for Christmas, er, the draft.

I don't know if it's easy to spot bandwagoners and fair weather fans, but it sure is easy to spot egotistical wads. ;) People are free to express their fanship however they wish. Stop trying to measure your fan-peen. :lolol: Seriously though. While it's odd to see wrist slitting in the off-season, they're just expressing their passion. Maybe differently from some, but not better or worse.

23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    :this!:

This may be a challenging year but I really believe we can still be competitive and the primary reason for that is Ben. I've been critical of Ben at times, mainly for his unwillingness to adjust to a system designed to keep him upright and healthy and cut down on the number of sacks he takes. His "Mr. Sandlot" routine frustrates me at times but the fact is he's still one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the NFL and makes the other players around him better. If you don't believe that, pay attention to Mike "The Diva" Wallace's numbers this year with Ryan Tannehill tossing him the rock.

24. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope he has 100 catches for 1800 yards and 20 TDs. I hope he makes the probowl, and playoffs.

I'm all about that compensation pick. ;)

25. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not bandwagon or fair weather fan.....just realist. Plaxico, Matt S, Gay, gives me great hope.