1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2013 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 24, 2013.

1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    It might help to update the first post in the selections thread. I think people may just be checking that to see where we are and don't know they're up since it's not updated.

2. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Everyone make sure to vote on your Steeler pick in the thread provided.

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    numbah and myself try to...however its up to the people to look at the whole thread and not just the top as we're not on all the time to update it...just like every year we've done this thing.

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Also thanks to chitown for making the pick for TB...CB was a big need for them so that pick works!

5. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Not a problem, Xavier Rhodes was right in that area on my big board and I know the Bucs are lacking at CB so it was an easy selection for me to make for them.

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I approve the Chicago-Seattle trade as per outlined in the other thread.

7. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll approve too but I think Seattle gave up too much. A 1st, 3rd and 4th should've been enough. Teams do give up more if they really value a player though.Trade is final..

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes, by the chart, they gave up a bit too much, but this is quite common in real life anyways. As we saw, Seattle was willing to pay a high price for Percy Harvin, so it stands to reason if they fell in love with a WR in the draft, they would be willing to pay a steeper price swell.

9. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed..

10. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Carson Palmer went for what, like 5,000 points? To me the chart is just a vague guideline. It doesn't take into account that different teams value different players and different draft picks differently.

11. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Good thing for Cincy that the NFL can't veto idiotic trades made by the late Al Davis..

12. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    I thought Al Davis was already dead before the trade was made. Thought it was Hugh Jackson that made that boneheaded trade.

13. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, it was post-Davis. But Al did plenty of those while he was alive. What a fool I was, thinking those days were behind the Raiders when he died. Maybe it was in his will: "Make sure to mortgage our future for a player we know for sure won't help us in the short term or long term."

14. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    ATTENTION numbah...

clean out your in/out box...says its full and cannot PM you!

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Remember Committee Members...BOTH teams must announce the trade (so we know its legit)....then we approve/deny it...in this case...

I do not see where the Bears have posted this trade...BOTH sides do have to say this is the trade (in the main thread not here)...once the Bears GM posts in the main thread that he accepts this deal...then it will be official...we cant have only 1 team announce it...as someone could make anything up. If they do not post they OK this trade by the time the pick clock expires a little after 9pm EST then Chicago will be off the clock, and skipped to the next team!

16. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah ok, great rule for moving forward but not to be applied here. You're going to penalize Seattle for a "mistake" I made. Not sound logic, IMO. Figured B&GP was telling the truth.. I was just trying to help out like you asked me to. Your thread, run it the way you want.

17. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I'm not blaming you...its ALWAYS been a rule both teams have to announce and confirm...even back before I ran this thing. The problem wasn't you guys approving it...it was Chicago not approving it (as of yet).

I was just reminding everyone of this while especially pointing it out to the committee (so when I'm not around everything goes smoothly).

I'm not penalizing anyone...its not my fault that Chicago hasn't followed the rules.

18. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    All apologies guys. I agree on the trade of a swap of firsts for Seattles 2nd and 4th

19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Not a problem...I assumed you were OK with it...but ya never know.

You definitely got a good deal on this one.

20. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    The 49ers would like to announce a 4 team trade with the Bengals, Rams, and Vikings. In exchange for one of the 49ers' 7th round picks which those teams will share, the 49ers will receive the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd picks in the first round.

With the 21st pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU

Aldon Smith can only do so much, and another powerful force to rain hell upon opposing quarterbacks will more than double the team's pass rush productivity. Mr. Mingo will be the force needed, and will have plenty of time to develop his soon-to-be ninja-like pass rush move repertoire while strengthening his body for run support and learning the position from the more than capable Ahmad Brooks.

With the 22nd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

With some occasionally shaky CB play, we felt like an infusion of top-end talent was necessary. With Mr. Trufant's exceptional combination of size, speed, and man coverage skills, we believe he will thrive in our defense, and solidify a secondary that had lost some of its luster.

With the 23rd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

It is impossible to ignore that the wide receiver position remains the only weakness in the 49ers offense. Even with a first round draft pick a year ago and free agent signings, it's clear to all that it has not come together. Cordarrelle Patterson is the breath of explosion that has been lacking for years now, and will be the spark the offense needs to bring another Lombardi trophy to the bay.

The Indianapolis Colts are officially on the clock.

21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  22. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    When I first started reading that I'm like holy crap...what have we got here 4 teams...then I was like thank god!

23. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    I approve too.. Trade Approved. ~sarcasm~

24. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I feel the need to remind all that I took Patterson already with the 20th pick (seattle)

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The 49'ers got fleeced. They needed the Raiders to get involved and disgorge Carson Palmer over the Bay Bridge. The really funny part is that the Colts have just made the 24th pick in the other thread, so I guess someone didn't read it carefully :)