1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Keenan Lewis visiting New Orleans Saints

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Tdot Steeler Fan, Mar 13, 2013.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    That was the biggest and trickiest issue with Lewis (out of all their FAs this year). Does he continue to get better does he regress or what...its hard to tell...as there have been MANY one year wonders.

While the money that supposedly he got from NO the Steelers could have matched ( http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/keenan-lewis-contract-details-start-to-emerge/ )...we'll never know what happened behind closed doors...did the Steelers offer him something? If so what? Did he rather play for his hometown team? Who knows? I was hoping he'd be back...but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

And for all those saying Allen is the next great CB/etc...he has shown LESS than Lewis...yes he's been lucky and created some turnovers...big whoop though...he's also looked like a fool in coverage/etc. So until he shows me otherwise I'm not anointing him anything yet.

I hope they will add another solid CB with this draft (probably not as high of a pick as some of us would like but still).

2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Not all of us were calling him a bust....Many like myself were saying GET RID OF GAY AND LET LEWIS GET ON THE FIELD......the only reason we didn't have a better idea of what Lewis would do on Sundays is because we kept trotting Gay out there.....I pray they don't make the same mistake twice.

That being said...I was fine letting him walk for the money he was about to receive..(and I believe it is official now)

Amerson and C Allen would make a pretty good starting two in a few years.

HACK

HACK

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Gay was nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. They love to point to him getting beat by Gronk on a perfect pass and then scream how he sucks. Let's see what happens when Lake has had some time to work with him. Personally I think the contract the Saints gave Lewis was foolish. We predominantly used Lewis in zone coverage and Ryan runs a 3-4 with predominantly man coverage. It will be interesting to see how that works out for them.

4. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    How many more players leave before we conseed the division for the next couple of years??

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Dont look now, but Baltimore is losing them at a faster rate.

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    at this rate the bungles has a conference wrapped in the hand ...but they are always the bungles they will find the way...

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    true they are
    BUTT
    they have ones to replace them with their draft picks the last few years

us on the other hand
    have sh*t the bed in drafts ever since TOMLIN CAME TO TOWN!!!!
    arrrrgggghhhh

DAMN YOUY COLBERT

DIRE STRAITS
    (money for nothing)
    I WANT MY LOM BAR DI

8. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I know and it scares me to thinkthat the Browns could jump up there.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Bring back Crezdon Butler, I say....

10. Bristerfan

Bristerfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    This sucks hind end.....Losing Lewis sucks.He played well and he played hurt when we needed him most.
    As i see it we just turned a possible strength into a problem. not as much this coming season but for 2014
    I think Cortez will do ok this year as starter.But i would MUCH rather have had him as our nickle guy over Gay.
    I know it's looking way ahead but i think this is gonna really hand cuff us in 14...
    Ike will be another year older and regardless of play on the chopping block due $7mil..and Cortez will be in his walk yr.
    Signing Lewis would have made our CB position a strength in 13' and given up options in 14' If we don't draft a good CB this year we could be starting William Gay... 3 years after we let him go because he was not good enough to be a starter.....ohhhhhh wait were doing that NOW @ ILB...Great!:facepalm: