1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Keenan Lewis visiting New Orleans Saints

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Tdot Steeler Fan, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It appears Keenan Lewis is visiting the New Orleans Saints as he has confirmed via his twitter. https://twitter.com/KeenanLewis23
    The good news : The Saints have also had cap trouble this offseason so it may be difficult for them to sign Keenan.
    The bad news : New Orleans is Keenan's hometown. Hometown discount on the way?

2. Bristerfan

Bristerfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    :worried:

3. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Word from Adam Schefter on FB is they are close to a deal...We lose another one.

4. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  5. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Young talent leaves and we keep resigning our old timers. 6-10 at best next year.

6. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I want Lewis to return as much as anyone but we can't overpay for him. Anything over 6 mil/yr is too much. I feel like we could get a deal avg 5 mil a year done but the saiints are hometown.

We also have to remember there's alot of CBs on the market. We also have Allen & Brown on the roster and it is time to see what we have in them.

The sky is NOT falling people!!!

Cajun-

7. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Brown is a bust. Gay will be our 3rd cb. What a disgrazia!

8. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    With the DB market being set recently, I don't think there's any way Lewis gets near 6 mil per.

Any chance this little tidbit was floated by his agent to stir things up with the Steelers??

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Here's hoping.
    In the meantime, I'll be saying regular prayers that Josh Victorian has some kind of superhero transformation over the summer. Just in case.

10. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Stop talking rationally. Now is the time for panic and dire predictions about the sky falling, not calm rational thought.

How dare you, sir!

:mad:

11. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It sucks that we are losing a young talented CB who has potential. But I understand we would not over pay for Lewis just to keep him from going elsewhere. But what bothers me the most about the whole situation is that there were reports that the steelers did not even give Lewis an offer and try to sign him at all. I dont know how much of the reports are true, but I doubt Lewis's camp would lie about that.

12. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    i liked Keenan Lewis but let's be honest: he's not a star or anything. Wallace is supposedly a star and he didn't do squat last season. Miami will either realize they made a huge mistake or they know what his baggage is and have a plan to fix it.

Lewis is replaceable. the question now, though, is whether or not the Steelers are capable of fixing it. they have two difference-makers in their secondary: Ike (yes, Ike) and Troy. that's about it. Clark can throw out a big hit every now and then but more often than not it leads to bad penalties. nobody else in their secondary is above average in my opinion.

that has to be addressed through the draft, but i doubt it will happen.

13. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I as well think Lewis is replaceable, but he is more talented than what you give him credit for. But as far as Clark, I think you are under rating him. He's alot better in coverage than you think (look at the last 2 games we have played Denver without Clark). He has big hits, and sometimes he gets flagged just because its him (Giants game this past season). I say Ike, Troy, Clark, and Lewis were all above average.

14. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    That should tell you something.

Plus add to the fact that with the release of Colon, the Steelers should have plenty of money under the cap to get him signed.

Its glaringly obvious to me that they just flat out don't want this guy...unless its at a bargain basement price...for whatever reason. And I'll trust their judgement over everyone else here on this MB. They do after all see him, interact with him, and work with him everyday. Something has put his value way below what everyone here thinks it is.

15. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>According to Facebook page of Keenan Lewis, he has signed with the New Orleans <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Saints">#Saints</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23steelers">#steelers</a></p>&mdash; Steelers Depot (@Steelersdepot) <a href="https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/312291952706084864">March 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
  17. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
  18. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    we still have cotez allen who i would put ahead of Lewis, but was hoping he would be Ikes replacement and we sign Lewis for the other side

19. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
  20. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    it amazes me that we are upset a player, who in a contract year played well, is gone. this is the same player who for two years couldnt beat out willie gay. now we are upset that gay is back. i will be honest. i would rather have willie for what he cost than have keenan for more money. i would put money that he will suck it up this year in new orleans. he will be ask to play alot of press man and i dont think it is his strength.

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Lets hope the flashes we saw from Cortez last season will be a regular thing, it was a small sample size but I was impressed with him, looks like the Steelers are too, I posted in another thread that I saw an article saying the Steelers would let Lewis walk because of Cortez.

22. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen. Gay in the Nickel and backing up, Brown is there. You usually only dress 4 corners in a game. Let me tell you this Cortez Allen is going to start, he is the future and he creates turnovers. Lewis covers well be rarely forces any turnovers.

Plus you never know who we may draft either, all will be well. Good luck to Keenan Lewis, guy was classy and a good team player, Saints got a decent player for the money.

23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This is great news people!!! We've got a playmaker who knows how to create turnovers, something we've been lacking at the CB position. Cortez Allen was involved in 5 turnovers the last two games!

Let Lewis join his buddy Wallace on the hunt for "greener" pastures. We've actually got a starting CB now that can catch better than both of them!

24. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    i'm starting to get pretty excited for next yrs. draft....... at least 2 extra 3rd rd. picks so far (possibly 3)... and more later picks to come................ I wonder if that was the f.o.'s focus all along.

25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Exactly the man had ONE good year, before 2012 people were calling him a bust.