1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

D Hop

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Oct 23, 2024 at 7:36 AM.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Dominate meaning he put up over 1000 yards and the #1 WR put up 700 yards. He was targeted 16 more times.

I also like Washington. But I dont see Smith using him like pitts.

2. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    We could play what if for almost every position on here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kinihun25

Kinihun25 Member

Sep 29, 2024
    Darius Slayton

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    So did their previous coach dan Quinn. Look at the guy after he was fired and how he is with Washington now. Falcons are a problem like browns.

Anyhow you see my point is that arthur Smith is not a pass heavy offense with WR. If he was, I would be saying go pay kupp his stupid contract.

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I can't believe what I'm reading. Does Arthur Smith prefer WR's who suck? What an idiotic reply.

Hops would have been a perfect target for Wilson. He's very good at contested catches. Cooper Kupp, I don't know if he'll be as good an option for the style Wilson plays.

6. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    We're obviously not going after a top WR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Kupp knows how to get open. Kupp is a better route runner than Dionte Johnson. Kupp's health is his issue. Tomlin seems to be in a win now mode, so Khan needs to get a couple more players that would help the Steelers win in the playoffs. I am actually surprised that KC didn't pay the 2nd round pick for Kupp before trading for Hopkins.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Was just trying to be funny.

But I do think how he utilized his personnel played a roll in his dismissal. You don’t make 3 top 10 draft picks and then not use them to the fullest especially in the redzone.

I referenced Titans because it correlates better to now, an OC only.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Please don't assume I'm basing my comments on the media rather than my own interpretation of events. It is rude and inaccurate.

Being better than Canada's offense is a very low bar. The Steelers should aspire to more.

Pitts often lined up at receiver when Smith was there. You keep talking about others not understanding Smith's offense, but apparently, you missed that detail.

Smith also had no quarterback in Atlanta. The Steelers should be aspiring to better than that, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Titans selling the farm,

Another Titans trade: Seahawks are trading LB Jerome Baker and a fourth-round pick to Tennessee for LB Ernest Jones IV, a source tells ESPN’s Brady Henderson.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    if russell stays healthy i think all reception numbers will increase. jefferson will no longer be just a guy on the field and nor should austin. the backs and TE's are all seeing an uptick so far. i believe they can build on that. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Give it time , and then we will see. I still think they bring in a different Wr before the trade deadline is over, but only because of Roman's continued set backs. Who that will be is anyone's guess,,but I do agree with @Mashburn , and others that our Offense is not designed specifically for a 2nd, or 3rd wrs.....that's not saying we never use it, or won't use it,,but it's not a heavy use, and yes....I would like better options at the Wrs when they are being used.

• Like Like x 3
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That.....that is the biggest reason IMO....so far.

14. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    D-Hop for a 5th, probably a 4th.

For KC - they get #2 WR talent for #3 price. D-Hop would finish his contract in KC and potentially get a Super Bowl Ring. At 32, this is probably his last shot.
    For Pittsburgh - We're not a WR short of a Super Bowl, and neither of the QB's is a Super Bowl threat. KC, Buffalo, Houston and potentially Baltimore are in the pathway for the ring. He'd be a 1-year, well actually less rental.

So, in this case, I can't bash Omar. It's a smart move for KC, not so good for Pittsburgh to parts ways with resources at this stage.

Now in Cooper Kupp's case. Kupp is also late in his career. He's been hurt a lot and has missed 13 game since last year. 2021 was the last time he really was on fire. I'd pass.

Mike Williams of the Jets is also 30. Again, as much as we need a #2, not sure he's a good value trade.

I'm ticked at Omar but he might be smarter in this round.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I think having two games with over 400 years is good. It's in the top ten for teams this year.

Also Smith did have matt Ryan his first year.

And I'm not missing that pitts lined up at receiver. Thats been my point is arthur uses other positions for receiving.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-games-with-400-yards-of-total-team-offense-in-2024

16. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

We weren't giving up any important draft capital for a 32 yr old wr......
    People need to get it through their heads..
    We don't need to trade for every player that comes available..... we don't need to pick up every free agent...
    We're a run first offense...
    Not a big fan of Aaron Rogers, but he got it right when he said R-E-L-A-X

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Darius slayton should suit a Russ offence and wouldn’t be expensive in any sense. If the Steelers beat the Giants on Monday they’ll be 2-6, season over.

Id be on the phone Tuesday trying to get that done. He isn’t a superstar but he should be a much better second option than Van Jefferson

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Pitts is an elite athlete. He was a top-10 pick. The Steelers don't have a tight end with that sort of ability. It's also one failing of the Arthur Smith offense, using tight ends in a receiver role. Pitts is a brutal matchup for most defenses at tight end, but if you can just put a corner on him, that becomes a lot easier to defend.

That was Matt Ryan at the end of his career, not a top quarterback.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Slayton wouldn't be a terrible option, though that depends on the price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    What team in the AFC is unbeatable? The Ravens? The Steelers have had great success defending Jackson over the years. The Chiefs? They are playing defensive slugfests and they had a serious problem at receiver. The Steelers could be a real threat in the AFC, but not without more consistent production in the passing game. Jefferson has no business being a starting wide receiver. Forget every player available. How about one to fix the hole that Khan created when he traded Johnson?

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Fifth or sixth probably

22. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

DJ needed to be traded.... team chemistry is just as important, if not more so than an abundance of talent..... sometimes you have to be patient enough to wait out some of the fixes that we need

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    I honestly think we can make a run with the wrs we already have… of course depending on our qb play… dont make sense to me to give up draft picks for a recycled wr from another team

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This sounds like you are fine with throwing away a season. I had no problem with him trading Johnson because I thought Khan would do the second part of the job, which was to find an adequate replacement. He failed in that part of his job.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Please stop with the we need 3 top wr talk… foolish… we did fine and than some the last game with our receiving core.
    As long as we got decent qb play… we will be fine. No, lets give up draft picks for over 30 yr old wrs.

• Like Like x 1