1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Tomlin press conference Russell Wilson is the likely starter now

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 15, 2024 at 12:09 PM.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Oh it's not a good look because I think a woman who has never played a down of football....ever, and has watched half the football I have watched knows better than me. LoL. Sorry. I guess it would be a bad look if I said I know more about football than a 5 year kid now. LoL. Just because something is correct doesn't make it a bad look.....unless you want it to look that way.
    You keep saying Schlereth, but You don't bring up....Shady, Brian Baldinger(spelling???), James Jones, or Emmanuel Ocho....who say Russell Wilson should start. Why????

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This. Hell I don't know if Wilson will work. I do know that targets are open, and I believe it's a disservice to the team. I also believe that Fields is not a wimp , and will not let benching destroy him. It didn't destroy T. Bradshaw. Also something nobody talks about. TJ Watt, and Cam Heyward helped recruit Russell Wilson here. You don't think they want to see what He has???

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Because she hasnt played doesn’t mean anything dude. You haven’t played at the professional level either. I’m sure she has a deep understanding of the sport and that’s as much as I’ll say on that because it’s going to derail the thread.

I bring up Schlereth because

A) he has an in depth knowledge of the game and has said the same thing Kimes has so right there that validates her opinion. Doesn’t mean you have to agree with it but you don’t get to dismiss it out of hand like you did either.

B) he has watched more Denver games than anyone on this board.

As for the people you mentioned, I don’t know what they have said, why don’t you post some of it and then I can address what I agree with and don’t.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Funny I've heard what Stink has said, and so have You....yet You have not heard one person say differently. Do you shy away as soon as they do??? What I'm trying to get at....is how do You only hear the ones that say not to change, but somehow not hear the ones that do???
    Also I'm sorry if I believe a guy that has not only played, that was once best buddies with a two time SB winning Wr, and that has watched at least 30 year more football than she has is a bad look. I really don't know what to tell You on that.
    Also You know we don't have to agree. It will all come out in the wash.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 1:39 PM
  5. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    I don't watch preseason. Maybe?

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I normally give away preseason tickets to a family with kids who otherwise couldn’t go

This year I went to both of the preseason games excited to a competitive quarterback battle between Wilson and Fields

Not so much

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Should have just done like usual.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Next year

unless we have another quarterback battle between two different people

Which is not out of the question

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Exactly what I was just thinking.

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Keep writing that fiction.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This assumes that they think Fields can be their quarterback past this season. That they are willing to bench him now suggest that may not be the case.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    I c what you did there jice nob!

• Like Like x 2
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ve explained it clearly before

14. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    The sports talk show I listen to on the way home from work which has Freddie Coleman, ex-NFL player Harry Douglas and ex Steeler Chad Brown and all three of those guys think it's a bad decision by Tomlin and he should stick with Fields. Just because they are ex players does not mean they are right and just because a person has never played the game means they are wrong.

You've presented some solid reasons as to why they should give Russell Wilson a shot but crediting or discrediting ex players or media personalities makes very little sense to me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He’ll probably be the starter again before the end of this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I was watching Ramon's show yesterday and DK pointed out the last time when Tomlin said there was an open competition for the QB spot when Kenny was injured between Mitch and Mason; Mason Rudolph receives 3 first team reps that week.

Mike Tomlin's competition are a joke. :)

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You want the fastest guy on the team to be benched :facepalm:

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course I have heard those that are defending Russ but I can’t recall if it was by any of the people you mentioned. Do you have any idea how much football stuff I consume :lolol:

I pay more attention to Stink because I value his opinion more than anyone else's, the guys a real one and how he goes about his business.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I already said I will root for whoever is playing 100%. My question/fear is do we trust Tomlin to flip the switch back to Fields IN GAME if Wilson comes out and sh*ts the bed? If Wilson does great that is the easy decision, but if it is the opposite way will Tomlin pull him? We don’t have room right now to “give away” a game on an experiment at QB, especially with our schedule after the bye.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I want a decent receiver to replace one that isn’t

21. Fields Fan 4ever

Fields Fan 4ever New Member

Oct 8, 2024
    I’m buying two Fields jerseys tonight to support him.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    What was your previous login name

Hmm

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I value his opinion myself, but not when it comes to the Broncos , or anything to do with them. He's too close, and very bias. Otherwise I like him a lot.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I will bet anyone on here real money.....If the Defense, and Special teams do exactly what they have done for every win we have had this season. We will win. No matter who the Qb is.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And I will root for him every single time He is. I'm sick to death of seeing people on other media platforms rooting for either Qb to fail. They aren’t Steelers fans. They are player fans.