1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Fields lock up QB1?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 13, 2024 at 8:44 PM.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Based on that criteria between my season ticket stadium beer purchases and parking pass I’m a charter member idiot. :drinks:

I'm gonna be a happy idiot.

- Jackson Browne

• Like Like x 1
  2. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    ‘you’re in HoF of the peanut gallery. :)

it is a fair trade though: I am happy paying $s for the entertainment value.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I think I’m just reminding that peanuts have an opinion but the coaches make the decisions

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I don't think Trubisky was going to be very good but I would have liked to see what he could do without the shadow of Pickett over him every single play. Mitch was clearly playing tight and it was leading to big mistakes. Mitch was never given the #1, it was always a temp thing because the Steelers had drafted a QB. Who knows what would have happened, maybe exactly the same thing.

As to the question, I think Fields has earned the right to be the starter. Wilson is old and is pretty much done. Fields could have a long career ahead of him. I am all for figuring out if Fields is who we should invest in for the future or look else where. Benching him, if that is what happens, does nothing towards figuring that out.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Why . Benching him will show whether or not many things. Do all our Wrs really suck, does our OL really suck, if Wilson goes out there, and nothing changes....You go back to Fields....He won't melt, and You know exactly what You need next year, but If Wilson goes out there, and the offense does show changes....then even if You keep Fields....You know more closely what You should actually offer him.
    Again I'm not for a fact sure Russell Wilson will help, but I do know there are targets getting open. Again if it doesn't work go back to Fields

6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Well if Russell Wilson goes and wins a Superbowl like Manning did that year then Tomlin made the right choice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So go find it. Your claim.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't say he would. That is just what popped in my mind when you wrote that.