1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers reached out to Jets about Mike Williams

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Oct 17, 2024 at 10:25 AM.

1. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Apparently the Charges and Saints have reached out as well. We will probably lose him to the Chargers. What I don’t understand is why we aren’t actively pursuing Kirk. You watch his highlights from last year he would be a perfect for us. He reminds me of a poor mans Amon Ra St. Brown. He is compact and twitchy. Tough and feisty. He would be the perfect compliment to Pickens.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The only way that Christian Kirk is dealt is likely to a team that will take on most, if not all of his salary cap. That was a major factor in terms of the DeVante trade if I read that correctly. No way in hell was Pittsburgh going to take on that cap hit for a 30+ year old WR. As I say this, Kirk's contract isn't too appealing either but his circumstances are different entirely compared to the likes of Adams.

The Jaguars are nothing short of a tire fire joke of a Franchise. Trevor is either close to or is damaged beyond belief. My premonition of both Trent Baalke and Doug Perderson have long been proven correct; both are frauds. Anyone believing that Super Bowl had anything to do with Pederson should look carefully at the staff Howie Roseman assembled at the time.

To sum up on Christian Kirk?! I'd inquire to Seattle about D.K. Metcalf first before testing the waters. Could definitley use another big body target on the outside.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Why do people think malcontents geriatrics and big salary cap hits are going to help this team long term

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    They can always restructure Kirks contract can they not? If they were singing around Aiyuk and Adams then the contract of Kirk shouldn’t scare them. Not saying he is at their level but he is a proven commodity. Getting a big perimeter player like Metcalf would be awesome but a guy like Kirk could do wonder as well. It really is just about having a guy that can beat press man and create operation on his routes to keep the chains moving and draw some coverage away from Pickens. I don’t see the Seahawks trading Metcalf at this point. He is too much of a focal point of their offense and they are in the thick of things right now anyway.

5. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    How does Kirk fit into any of those narratives? By todays standards his cap hit isn’t that high. He is in the prime of his career and as far as malcontent I have heard nothing to that affect regarding him. Its obvious the Steelers need a solid number two and they aren’t creating enough separation on their routes to get open so to me Kirk is logical. Now I agree with your stamens regarding some of these other guys like a Mike Williams. He is old, coming off all injury and he lacks the ability to creat operation. He is just more of what we already have only bigger. Hopkins would be the same thing. Outside of Kirk the other options I would be interested in is Slayton, Metcalf and Sutton; none of which i believe are even available for trade.

6. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    Why do Steeler Fans insist on bringing the name DK Metcalf into any WR trade rumors? Have there been any reports about DK wanting out of Seattle? Going into last week DK's quarterback was leading the league in passing. Why would DK want out of Seattle?

FYI. Mike Williams did not practice yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Mike Williams had 10 receptions with the Jets.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. Kinihun25

Kinihun25 Member

Sep 29, 2024
    Darius Slayton

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Williams is coming off ACL tear, he’ll probably spend the rest of this year getting himself right. Not sure how much of a help he’ll be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Who

11. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah, Idk why Seattle would want to trade Metcalf? They're still tied for first in their division and he isn't a crazy cap number or malcontent at all. Unless they are trying to blow it all up at the end of the year and start over with draft picks... I just don't see it happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Kirk's cap hit isn't that bad for what he offers. I'd take him over Williams or Hopkins any day.

Adams is better than any of them, but I'm not sure he really wanted to go to the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I’d love for us to get Metcalf but Lockett would be a good consolation prize. He would instantly provide the leadership that this WR group desperately need.

15. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Lockett would be more than fine. We need a hold over option to get us through the season (whoever it is)... We can't keep lining Van Jefferson up at WR2 and tell people that we are serious about throwing the ball with success.

I want us to get a 1 year rental essentially at the position. Put us in line to get one of Higgins/Godwin/Cooper in the offseason to start on the other side of Pickens (or simply trade for someone like Deebo Samuel).

16. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    The wr from Jackonsville.

17. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Yes

18. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Doesn't excite me, pretty horrible to see him thrown under the bus by Aaron Rodgers though, but that's par for the course for him though. Man I used to admire AR so much, even after the SB loss, now he's just such an *******, can't stand him, he's followed the Brett Favre trajectory to a T.

I honestly don't think at this point that trading for a WR is going to make all that much difference, I would not be against it, obviously if the cost is reasonable that is, I just don't see a team on the brink a piece or two away from really becoming contenders, just like the Jets.