1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Next 2 games with the Jets and Giants…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 14, 2024 at 9:27 AM.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Wish Jets game could get flexed to 1pm. Both Steelers and Jets are on the road to nowhere. What a waste of prime time space. :lolol:

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I can stay awake for a a 1 pm game more easily

And @biggbunch68 won’t have to take a nap after breakfast

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Every thing points to a Steelers victory this week. The Jets are banged up, demoralized and playing on the road after a short week. But they have Aaron Rodgers, Bryce Hall, Garrett Wilson etc. and a tough defense. So I really don't see the Steelers winning this game against a talented and desperate Jets team.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It would be nice, but I'm not even sure they can flex games this early in the season. Neither the league nor the network would want to do it, anyway. The Steelers are a draw and the Jets are in the largest media market in the world.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Rodgers throws the ball fast and they have a good rb. Going to have to get coverage sacks to get to him. When he holds the ball a while, his o line is not the greatest at protecting him.

I also don't see us winning on field goals. We need touchdowns. If we don't, Rodgers is going to have us playing from down multiple scores the entire game

Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 9:37 AM
  6. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    You can't say everything points to a Steelers win and then list all of the things that point to a Jets win. That is an illegal use of words. 10 paragraph penalty, replay the comment

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They have all those guys but they're still a 2-4 team :shrug:.

8. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    That's why they are so dangerous this week, they can't afford to fall to 2-5 or their season is done.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    This is the same as the Cowboys game 2 weeks ago. The Cowboys were on the road and missing most of their best players so the Steelers were favored to win the game but we saw how that played out. When I saw the ESPN panel unanimously pick the Steelers then I knew we were in trouble. Same here with the Jets this week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Especially a team like the Jets who are super desperate. They have fired their HC, moved the OC, and traded for a Wr. They know if they lose to us their season is practically over. I totally look for this to be a knock down drag out. They will pull everything out of the book on us. They basically can't lose.

11. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Going to be very tough games, we need to heal fast before the bye!

12. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    I think we can get past the jets and giants with Russ playing well, defense playing very well, and the patchwork o line holding their own, maybe with some blocking help from the RB’s. That opens the run game.

down the stretch we need the o line to get a bit healthy and pick it up.

starts with Russ pushing the ball down the field. It all starts with that.