1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gotta have next year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Oct 7, 2024.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Careful

I made a similar response to the same poster and another poster went off the deep end attacking me

And then kept having to get the last word in ;)

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    well i don't know but you always make it your goal to respond to it. :cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    this i don't get. He hasn’t won a playoff game in 8 years. We haven’t been to the super bowl since hector was a pup - 14 years. Yeah i know, its the Steelers way. Noll had 21 years, maybe were going for 20 with Tomlin, playoff success or not.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I find it funny that people keep giving the defense credit for Dak Prescott being an idiot. The defense did nothing to force either of the two interceptions. Prescott made two inexplicably stupid throws, neither of them under pressure.

The forced fumble on the sack was a hell of a play, but the pass rush disappeared when they lost Herbig. That was the main reason they folded at the end of the game. Prescott had way too much time to throw on most of that final drive.

Yes, people can blame who they want, but I don't understand how they don't realize the defense was part of the problem against the Cowboys and deserves most of the blame for the loss to the Colts.

5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think it has been mentioned a number of times... Ben Johnson and Bobby Slowik are probably the highest rated offensive minds that are looking for their first coaching job. Todd Monken is another option too... If we really want to go with another defensive leaning HC, then I don't see why Flores or Vrabel wouldn't be considered. There are really a good number of options.

6. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I understand that sometimes stability is the right decision, but I think it is fairly obvious to see that Tomlin has the main power on this team and he hasn't won anything without high end coordinators taking full responsibility for their units. We haven't had a competent OC since Haley in 2017 and a competent DC since LeBeau in 2014. We've been bad at both spots since. He's outdated and this team needs some new blood to get us over the top. A young HC with a "super crew" of coordinators could be just what this team needs.... just like it was when Tomlin took over in 2007 and had the majority of his success in the first 5 years of his coaching career. The past 10 have been wildly disappointing for some of the rosters that we've had.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    I don't dislike the idea of Vrabel or Flores. I do think Flores and Saleh are maybe better in DC roles. I thought Vrabel did a good job as the Titans HC.
    As for the OL coach, there have been several college programs that have been known to have the best OLs nearly every season. Getting one of those guys, or even one of their assistants that has learned under them for a few seasons is who I think we should be looking into for our OL.

8. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I think all of the options mentioned would be worth hiring. It just depends on what the FO wants... Offensive/Defensive, First time HC/HC experience, Young/Old....

But yeah, I don't know anything about OL coaches across the league... but based off of results we've seen with ours, I think it is time to move on to someone else.