1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Next 2 games with the Jets and Giants…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 14, 2024 at 9:27 AM.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I feel are critical for the Steelers to win if they are gonna have a legit chance to both make the playoffs and win the AFC North. If they can get to 6-2 overall going into the bye and 4-1 overall in the AFC I think if they could do 4-5 in the last 9 games of the gauntlet in the schedule and get to 10-7 that would be enough to get them in. I think they can at least split with the Ravens and Bengals, win both against the Browns who are terrible, and just try to go 1-2 against Wash, Philly and KC combined. If you do that you it gets you to 10 wins and that will be enough to get in. It starts with winning both of these games in prime time at home the next 2 weeks with the Jets and Giants which is very doable and getting to 6-2 heading into that bye week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m looking at the Jets now

Giants are not on my radar

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    And if they do all that, Tomlin needs to finally find a way to help the team get some playoff wins.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Didn't we do this before the Colts and Cowboys games counting those as wins, one game at a time.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No games in the NFL are easy wins, the Raiders beat the Ravens in Baltimore the same team the Steelers crushed yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I didn’t really count any games as wins and believe me I know better with this team. I said looking at the schedule after they were 3-0 looking at the next 5 games the Colts, Cowboys, Raiders, Jets, and Giants that I would be extremely disappointed if they didn’t go at least 3-2 in that stretch and go into the bye week at 6-2. Well they have their 2 losses during that stretch so it’s time to win both games at home in prime time against both the Jets and Giants. Plus, the Jets play Buffalo tonight on Monday night football and you are getting them on a short week at home with a new head coach and where they to travel for what that is worth so that’s something else the Steelers have to take advantage in this game with the Jets here come Sunday night.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 11:32 AM
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    We gotta put our big boy pants on and stop playing conservatively if we want to win these next two games. If we play a two high soft shell zone defense against the Jets Rodgers is going to eat us up. We have to blitz him and create more pressure. I know Tomlin is afraid of giving up the big play on defense and being down by a few Touchdowns because he doesn’t trust the offense but he has to take these risks. Same thing on offense. We have to push the offense downfield more. IF you truly do not trust Fields to do that then put Wilson in. It makes no sense to me. They have to get a second option at WR as well. This is the week to do it. Hopefully were playing with Adams this week and not against him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Giants gave the Bengals high powered offense fits yesterday. Their defense is legit. Jets play tonight and we will see how they actually will be with a new coach. As someone else pointed out there are no easy games in the NFL. After the last two weeks I thought the Steelers were going to be the team that others didn’t fear. Not so much now after yesterday.

9. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea these slow horrible starts on offense have to stop especially against the better teams in the league or the Steelers are not gonna win a lot of these games they have left. They are still blowing a ton of missed opportunities of getting in the end zone on offense and are just too content with kicking damn FG’s all the time. This game with the Jets worries me from that aspect. Even though Rodgers has struggled he can still throw the ball and is capable of making big plays and scoring points with the Jets. A sloppy start in this Jets game on offense I don’t think is gonna cut it. They have to start that game better and put more points on the board offensively in the 1st half or they are gonna lose that game plain and simple. The Jets will be desperate in this game here Sunday especially if they lose to Buffalo tonight and drop to 2-4. Hoping to beat them in another rock fight like Tomlin likes to do every game I don’t think will work here Sunday night. They MUST be better on offense to start this game.

10. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    The jets and giants are both basically the same type of team as the Steelers from what I can see: poor to fair offenses with good to great defenses.

The jets have the advantage of Aaron rogers and the Steelers have the advantage of home field and one extra day of preparation. Should be interesting. I am anticipating Rogers targeting Beanie early and often.

11. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    The only way I can see is winning down the stretch is if we are facing teams with a lot of injuries, and even that did not help us in the Dallas game.

I think there will be a real possibility of the Steelers losing both games to the Ravens and Bengals this year. Damn, the Ravens with King Henry look like the team to beat in the AFC.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I said after Dallas game we will 3 in a row before break. Still feel good about it. Sort of feel it's a must also to have a shot at Playoffs.

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Jets have 18 sacks in 5 games m Giants have 27? sacks by all means start RW the next 2 games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah exactly. Who beat who is irrelevant. We can beat any team(besides Kc and eagles in Philly) and can lose to any team. Just find ways to win…

15. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I really like our chances with KC on Wednesday, Christmas Day. I. Couldn't imagine a better time to play the Chiefs; talk about a short week for the Visiting Team.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    6-2 gives us a great opportunity to make the playoffs. The Browns look really bad, the Bengals defense is really bad, and we always play the Ravens tough (no matter if they are better than us or not, which this season I think they are). Philly and KC don't look like world beaters, though Washington looks like a pretty tough game (their defense is still pretty susceptible). We should easily be able to find 4-5 wins across that stretch of games. We just can't lose to any teams that we shouldn't. Gotta find a way to beat the NYJ, NYG, and Browns x2. If we do that, then we'd only need to win 2 of the remaining 7 games to get to 10 wins and a likely playoff spot.

17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I hope the players are on the same wavelength as you (you never know with a Tomlin team). However, fans can fan without consequence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That would be 11 wins wouldn’t it?

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

those damn goesinta's. :cool:

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    upload_2024-10-14_21-1-57.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Jethro "done graduated the 6th grade at Oxford". "The little schoolhouse beside where the Ox ford the creek"!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Giants are playing hard.
    QB not doing too bad and they can run ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Fields having a good game against the Jets will do a lot in terms of him developing for certain. Finally watched the game and, have to say, way too many passes ended up not going Fields' way. Granted, going against Sauce Gardner and DJ Reed are no easy tasks but having a breakout game against both will go a long ways.

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If by not going his way you mean he missed on quite a few, sure. To be fair, Pickens did drop two, one early and one that would have been a meaningless touchdown late.

Reed left tonight's game with a groin injury. So did one of their safeties, so the Steelers may not see the Jets at full strength.

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

both ny defenses are very good. jets defensive backfield is very strong, giants front is very strong. we will see if fields is who they think he is. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1