1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Fields lock up QB1?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 13, 2024 at 8:44 PM.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    If you don’t mind my asking

Why did you leave the media

Why did you leave Pittsburgh

2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    no, there is more that matters than 'just winning' a game

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    guess you missed where he completed the first 5 passes of thos game.
    snd completed 7 diff Wr in the colts game in a row

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I so badly want Fields to succeed, no way do I want to see Wilson on the field. I can see that he is missing throws, that need to be made. But beyond that, I still have zero faith in Smith's offense, I wonder what Andy Reid would do with the Steelers.

5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It's not even the most frustrating part. We have more issues on offense outside of the QB that need to be addressed. Our lack of a WR corps and suspect playcalling will affect any QB, not just Justin. Russell won't be completing MANY more passes to WR's who are covered more than any other group of WR's in the league. It's just not a realistic belief to hold.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Are you still going on about this? Every person does not have the same opinion as yours or to try something different. In fact no one has to give reasons why. But you keep going on about it.

Where was this let’s try Wilson after week 1, Week 2, week 3? And to say because he is injured is bull$hit. If you think he has been injured all this time you are easy to be fooled. And if you do wanna pull the he was injured card, why was you not saying the first 3 weeks to give Allen a shot to see if he can produce more pass completions or yards.

For someone so adamant about the only stat that matters on defense is the amount of points given up. Isn’t the only stat that matters for offense how many points we score? Whether it’s just the offense getting in FG range. If you would please do a search of how many points JF is accountable for this season. Doesn’t matter how he scores them right? It is the only stats that matter.

I will await your reply of Why Not Try

7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Why shouldn't the Chiefs try trading for Fields and starting him over Mahomes? Mahomes is accountable for 6TD's and 6 turnovers, while Fields is responsible for 10 TD's and 10 turnovers. What can it hurt? Why are you so scared to try? If he doesn't do awesome, they can just put Mahomes back in lol

Its ridiculous whether its Fields, Mason, or Pickett even. There's more to the decision than simply, "lets just give it a try".

8. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    Heck the Bills should try MT since they have lost 2 games.

Burrow should be replaced.

Herbert should be replaced.

Lamar should have been replaced when they had 2 losses.

I mean wouldn’t it have been worth a try?

9. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    Funny NONE of the experts on NFL Network or ESPN are saying that Steelers should make a change Just To See.

10. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    As long as Fields keeps the Steelers winning-- do not pull him-- his running offers more than Wilson and sometimes that is what we need.no bad center snaps again always a plus now work on accuracy and throwing faster he is young a project I would give him a chance here He is way better than Kenny.If he starts losing and losing then switch not now:herewego!:

11. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    All this back and forth shld Wilson start, Fields hasn't shown enough w accuracy and vision...

I am happy that Fields is on our team. He CAN throw the football. I've seen it. He is accurate. Dude, the guy is talented. If u plug Wilson in as starter, fine but Fields will only continue to learn and grow. Play him now or plug Wilson in, Fields ceiling has not been hit, guy has talent. I actually want Wilson to play because he is not going to be here long term. Do it. Play him. See what you get. Who knows Wilson might take us to the post season but he is not the future. Fields is the future. Guy can play. Run pass the answer is Yes. Draft the future, absolutely, but we have our QB, Maye, Caleb Williams, Josh Allen, even Burrow, Mayfield, don't want it. We got Fields.

12. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I'm not going to scream at the sky should they decide to start Wilson. Hell, I may even welcome it but it's seems silly to get worked up over this discussion considering the likelihood that Tomlin would make the change.

While not impossible obviously, I find it highly unlikely that he makes the change while they're sitting at 4-2. Is there some bizarro world Tomlin that I don't know about who suddenly goes against the norm?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Uhhhhh I’ll have some of what you got :thumbs_up:

14. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    You got a SB QB on your bench and if he stays there, you deserved to miss the playoffs.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Nobody is suggesting, at this point, that these guys should be replaced because, to different degrees, they've all shown that they are quality starting QB material.

Fields, in almost 50 starts, has only shown very sporadic moments of being a QB that a team should invest a lot of time and money into. For most of his starts he screams backup role at backup money.

Would you be happy if the Steelers extended Fields, tonight, to a 4 year/$200 million dollar extension? That's actually less than the going rate for starting QB's. Would you be excited?

16. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    maybe they have established themselves, but guess what, NONE of them have won a SB other than Rogers over a decade ago.

And what is the point of asking me if I would be happy with it. That’s not gonna happen so why would I even think about it? But say a slim chance it did happen, what I think about it doesn’t matter. Just like all this nonsense week long discussion of whether RW should start just to see if he can do better. It’s not gonna happen when we are 4-2 and now coming off of a Win with Fields.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe

On second thought nah they would still bd bitching

But I have found the posts by trolls goes up after a loss and they disappear after a win just waiting

18. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021

Absolutely not and that’s why he needs this season to determine that.

19. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Although I doubt conservative Mike makes the move if Russ is 100% at this point which I believe he is how can he not address this at some point??

20. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    It does sort of matter, either you believe in Fields as 'the future', or you don't.

If you don't, and believe that he's just another guy, why the opposition to giving a SB Champion, and multiple time MVP candidate a crack at running the offense now that he's ready? It's not as if Fields is setting the world on fire, or we wouldn't even be having this conversation. And we were 4-2 last year with KP, what did that mean? They gave him away at the end of the season.

If you do believe he's 'the future', you'd be getting him at a bargin rate. How's that a bad thing?

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You do know like shouting....more words don't make You correct. So if He gets hurt....make him play anyway because it will mess stuff up. LoL. Just admit it.....You are actually afraid to see what another Qb can do.

22. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I agree with you to a certain extent, but this is one year that I believe we could make some noise if we had a better offense now. The AFC is pretty weak right now. Is there any team that you feel is great this year? I don't see any. I don't believe either guy is the future but I'd like us to be as good as we can be right now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I smell fear. If You are so confident why not let's see. I've never heard so many people that were this confident, but didn't want to see.

24. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Im not saying you are entirely wrong here because Fields passing does leave a lot to be desired but cmon man RW throwing to these bum WRs is not making this team a contender. The Steelers are and have been for over a decade the definition of a pretender.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We have the best Defense as far as points scored. It would be a disservice nit to find out if we can make the Offense better.

• Like Like x 1