1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on regular season wk 6

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Oct 13, 2024 at 7:18 PM.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    1. Nice to see a blowout for a change... (@mytake )

2. Najee was a man among boys

3. TJ Watt will always find some way to affect the game

4. My heart nearly stopped when Zach Frazier went down.... hope the ankle injury is minor

5. That 1st raiders drive had me worried ... that was way too easy.... glad we adjusted

6. Before the season started, I thought Cam Heyward was on his last legs...... time to roast some crow

7. Boz was his usual automatic self

8. This was one of the most cleanly officiated games I've seen in a long time

9. We dominated all three aspects of the game

10. Interior blocking was much better than outside

11. Donte Jackson and Deshon Elliott were all over the place

12. Almost thought this was a home game with all the black and gold in the stands

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Spot on! The only comment I will make, is that Raiders fans probably didn't find the officiating quite so clean.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DIzzyG3015

DIzzyG3015 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2022
    13. despite scoring over 30 for the first time this year, this was not on fields or the offense necessarily. Fields throwing was atrocious in the first half and the only one to impress was najee and Fields legs. Offense should have done more with the field positions given to them.

14. how on earth did we lose to the cowboys??

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    This.

Whatever you can say of this (by their standards) wild offseason and draft, it looks like these two acquisitions were very good ones.

I also saw something from Queen today, and kudos to Minkah for coming back from injury and making a nice play on the onside kick. Also, here's to you, Jeremiah Moon!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    On 12, sucks to be the Raiders. Being in a destination city where people piss away thousands of dollars without a care, they are going to frequently be facing a traveling “home” crowd.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    4 & 6are me as well!! Nice overview. We got a win but we can't win consistently throwing 145 yards in the passing game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. DIzzyG3015

DIzzyG3015 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2022
    Moving to las vegas was the worst thing the Raiders could have done. At least for the Fans

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The illegal man down field was puzzling. But Pierce screwed up by not challenging the play before the fumble because I think that was a TD.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    They had such a rabid, loyal following in Oakland. To me, when they moved to LA and now to LV, they lose a lot of their identity as a tough, gritty, do anything to win team. I really hate it for their Oakland fans.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    They were probably tired of having to worry about getting mugged every day. Same general area of CA where the 49ers rookie got shot this year. Plus, given a choice of where to spend your time, would you pick Oakland or Vegas? :p

• Like Like x 2
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Probably a good thing for the NFL though. They’re taking one for the team (the league).

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    We can as long as we have 183 yards rushing and 3 TD's like we had today.

13. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    1. Yep

2. About time, as he was probably getting pretty close to being "benched"-worthy. He had 2 runs that I've never seen him do before. It was awesome... I wish this version of Najee existed ever before, but man I hope it happens again soon.

3. He's the best.

4. Yeah, our OL can't lose its best player. We've already lost too much on that unit.

5. Scripted ball (aka the gameplan) has always been a weak point for Tomlin. We did get a bit lucky on the illegal man downfield (probably shouldn't have been called) and another big pass down the middle negated by penalty, but that happens. That was a bad Raiders offense and we made them look bad for a good portion of the game.

6. Hope it continues, because he is under contract for a while still lol

7. Per usual

8. Rare competently officiated game. Nice.

9. Eh, I wouldn't say DOMINATED. I think we won all three aspects, though maybe dominant in the ST department bc of the block.

10. Jones is still struggling and Moore just isn't good. We REALLY need Fautanu to be good because Moore isn't worth keeping around and Jones hasn't been very good this season.

11. Big rebound game for those two. Both looked bad against a bad Dallas team last week, came up BIG this week.

12. Love to see it. Curse of the Vegas teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    We have seen this version of Harris before. It helps that the Raiders are terrible. It helped in many areas today.

• Like Like x 1
  15. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    +1 for Moon. Got some pressure and made a huge ST play

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

So the Jaguars are about to become the "London Jaguars" then?!

I mean... the NFL does want an International Super Bowl. Why the hell not start in London?!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Its ridiculous. Taxpayers pay for stadiums to be built so they can reap the rewards of the financial revenue that an NFL franchise brings in. Then they steal games away to another country.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed.

Only thing the NFL cares about though is money; lots of it. However, the pursuit of money does come with a cost; todays game being a highlight of it. It is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT for a team to establish themselves when there are so many cornerstone Franchises in America; doubly so those who are successful seemingly to no end. Pittsburgh is one of them and, due to that fact, Steelers fans are literally everywhere in America. Today's showcasing of the fan disparity was no different.

Now, why is that a problem for the NFL even though another Franchise has fans in that stadium?! Those visiting fans are not fans for the home team. As a result, the NFL isn't going to see nearly as much operating profit from that city given how there are very few teams in the NFL that possess fanbases to take over in that capacity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    On the note of the thoughts?!

If Zach Frazier is out for any extended period of time, this Offense might be screwed seven ways to Sunday. Zach Frazier has been the best Offensive Player for the Steelers all season. Whomever is a close second... isn't a close second.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    My take is ... we should've kept Spillaine

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He’s trash. He only looks good cause everyone around him on that team stinks. Best of the worst…

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Jacksonville is paying 55% of the $1.4B to renovate the stadium but they agreed to away games

The team's agreement with the city of Jacksonville on the renovation project enables the Jaguars to play up to six home games in London over three years (2025-2027) with a total of up to three in 2027.

• Informative Informative x 2
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I would bet money You are 100% correct on that. LoL

• Like Like x 2
  25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. That may be the loss that has the line fall apart entirely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1