1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Question. What is Everyone Afraid Of???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Oct 8, 2024.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I can't disagree with any of what you said. Only 2 teams make the SB and one wins, so to expect it every year is far fetched (unless you are Andy Reid with Mahomes lol), but in recent years especially this organization has not even sniffed a win in the PO's (when we get there). The process of never rebuilding but resupplying is getting old. In different years different posters have lamented "I'm through, never coming back" and we laugh, scorn, and say see you later, but honestly after the last several weeks I'm at a point where I just really do not care anymore. I have some interest because I love the game, but the constant BS has just taken away any real emotional connection. Maybe I'm just getting old, but when Willie Parker broke a 75 yd TD run, when Holmes caught the winning TD I was jumping around like a lunatic with my boys, lol. When Noll started to build this laughing stock into a contender a fan was hatched, but seeing theselast few years of mediocre play has melted any real excitement for this organization.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Your looking at the stats more than I am. I think we have to peel back the layers a little bit as the stats don’t always tell the full story. My expectations of course could be a little skewed and off based on be subjected to so much poor QB play over the last four years. I think they guy has potential. You know as everyone the HC and QB relation is very important to the success of any NFL team. I don’t think the guy has done anything to lose the job. By all accounts if your Fields he can say - I have done everything you have asked of me. I have played within the confines of the system. I have been limited by poor offensive line play. I have been limited by only having one viable receiver to throw too. You haven’t given me a successful running game. You haven’t really opened up the offense to allow me to air it out. I honestly feel like we did the same thing to Rudolph and to Pickett. DO you really feel like we gave them a bonafide chance or did we limit them? Thats my point here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    And he sure isn’t the reason we are winning games

We need a winning quarterback if we want to be a winning team

4. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    You are spot on. When you reach that point of not even caring you know it is getting bad. I have to laugh at how the national media fawns all over Tomlin and how they constantly bring up the Steelers are a tough nosed football team built on dominant defenses and run games. I say to myself where is that Steelers team? I haven’t seen them in years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude do not try to make me out to be intelligent. The fact is you were all over the JF train before we started losing. But we lose 2 games that he didn’t play great and he didn’t play bad and you want to make a change JUST TO SEE. Let me break it down for you. JF is NOT the problem!!!!

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s not like he would pout if another quarterback was used

What would he do run like a coward and ask to be traded

No quarterback would do that

Well ok I can think of one recently

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    And right now apparently not the solution

IMHO

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    But that's exactly what I'm getting at My Friend. It won't have to be speculation. Try a different Qb.....if it doesn't work, and You don't see any changes. You go back. Sometimes You have to do different things to diagnose problems. My deal is why is everyone so against trying. Why wouldn't we like to know. I'm not sure it's the Qb, but I see people open, I see the Qb missing targets.....I see the frustration on the targets faces. So make a change, and find out. Better now....then wait for the last 3 games like last year.

9. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    Like I said in another post. JF is responsible for over half our points. JF has 5 rushing TD’s our RB’s have ZERO.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's why I said....then He would be as weak as Pickett. I've never know a strong minded person afraid of someone else trying to take their spot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    Here is why I’m against making a change. What if we put RW in and we lose 2 games. Now we are sitting at 3-4. We can say what ifs all we want. I think JF gives us the better chance. I don’t think RW will do as good as Fields with our OL and only having ONE receiver that plays half @ssed, and also no rushing attack whatsoever. So yeah that is my reason. Say RW does lose 2 games, then we will be wondering what if we would have started JF and sitting at 5-2 instead of 3-4.

12. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I do think there are so many things going on here that really make this whole thing complicated. If he does put in Russ does that have a negative impact on Fields and his relationship with Fields moving forward? It shouldn’t but this ain't our Dad’s generation these guys tend to be a little softer these days. What if he puts Wilson in and he does absolutely terrible. The risk is if they were thinking of trading him it could completely devalue him. Thats a stretch but the point is there are alot of things to consider here. The biggest thing is how do the teammates respond to the QB. It appears that Fields is well liked so what kind of negative impact does that have on the locker room? It was pretty evident that Pickett did not seemed to be well liked las t year and when Rudolph came in he definitely provided a spark.

13. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I don’t think it is that so much. It is more about he didn’t really have a bad game. I think if he played poorly it would be an easier pill to swallow but if you hold me back by the plays and scheme and then bring in another guy and open up the offense then I am definitely gonna lose trust in you as the coach.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So it's ok we lost two with Fields, but not with Wilson????
    I'm not saying for sure it's the Qb, but I know people are getting open. If it's not, and we see know changes....of course we go back to the youngster......, but I know I'm tired of people blaming the D, and then always expect the D to win every freaking game.

15. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    People have the right to blame the Defense more than the offense, How much money do we have tied up into that D. It was a mixture of the defense and coaching that allowed that final touchdown after our offense took the lead. Do you not think the defense played soft between the 20’s the whole game long?

And we are gonna lose games with JF, do you think he is gonna lead us to an undefeated season. Of course he is gonna have a few hiccups. Fact is he is progressing in many ways. Can he hit more open receivers in a game. Absolutely, but so could Aaron Rogers, Heck so could Mahomes. I mean 2 of Mahomes wins was because of poor referees. Should Mahomes be benched because he has missed a few receivers here and there?

Bottom line is NO QB is gonna go 30 for 30 and I guarantee they miss wide open Receivers.

16. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    IMG_0793.png

17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The thing is I'm not one to complain, I do have realistic expectations, like some of Omar's approaches and think there is an actual core he has built that can go places but also see the same things happening from years past and do not expect that anything will really change under the current HC and staff. There was a show this week where the comments were just what you said, and admittedly some of his best coaching may have been a couple of those years finishing above .500 with the teams he had, but the issues remain, both O and D look and are dated, so I'll continue to watch, maybe even get excited at times, but its getting harder to stomach this crap, lol.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    It’s simple if Fields wins today he will stay the QB1 if they lose RW will start next week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Agreed for the most part

Depends on how they loose and how he plays

But based on the first 5 weeks and particularly the last 2 absolutely

• Like Like x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Look at you

A post with thought put into it and nothing about Tomlin or playoff games

Or did your son get on your account again

Go Yinz Stillers n’ at

:drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  21. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2019
    I agree, the only time the offense looked good when Ben was here was when he took over late in games. This offense is being constipated by Tomlin, it has become almost unbearble to watch. If you're going to lose at least go down trying. I'm beginning to see why Tomlin hired Smith, its a new OC but the same old BS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. So we are comparing Mahomes, and A. Rodgers to Fields now??? LoL. Hell why not throw in Brady, Manning, and Montana??? Can You say reaching

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So the 55 tds Ben had in his last two years sucked??? So the average almost 30 points a game we put up when Mason started sucked also???

24. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    Did I say he is compared to them. Read really slow. I said if you were watching there all 22. You would see that they are missing wide open receivers as well. Does that sound like a comparison???????

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Why so angry. Yes You did compare them. Go back and read your own writing slowly.
    I can't believe someone that is so sure its not the Qb....is afraid to see if another Qb would make any difference. It's like You want to have an opinion, but not have to back any of it. Again why so scared to see. If You are correct. Nothing will change, and You can get on here, and say.....see STD.....You were totally wrong, and I will say ....apparently I was, but I don't understand the fear of not even wanting to see.....but it's cool. I know a lot of people like this. So no hard feelings....no need to be upset.