1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Question. What is Everyone Afraid Of???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Oct 8, 2024.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This x 1,000. Most fans want to blame the QB... but the OL sucks and struggles against the run and protecting the QB during passes, the WRs sans Pickens suck, most of our productive RBs are injured and the new free agent pickups on defense at ILB, CB and SS have had 2 bad games in a row vs Colts and Cowboys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I guess You to didn't want to watch the video....of guys running wide-open that I posted. You get an average of 3 seconds in the NFL....anything more is a gift. I really don't know what You people want out of our line. We will never have a brick wall. Fields is bottom 5 in his time of getting rid of the ball this year. Yet people want more time??

• Like Like x 1
  3. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Exactly. He was just waiting for the moment to jump of the JF train.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    It seems the team is afraid of this
    upload_2024-10-10_13-55-22.jpeg

and afraid of this

[​IMG]

I'm getting the feeling that maybe it is time to start talking about Helloween themes/costumes.

We all know there was a huge demand for these in the last few years

[​IMG]

This year? What you got going?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Holy smokes what is so hard for you to see that our low scoring isn’t just on the QB. Can you not see that our running game does not open the pass up for ANYONE. In our loss to Indy. JF was the ONLY reason we was even close in that game. In the Dallas game JF gave us the lead and it was up to the Defense to make ONE stand.

I could see if JF was playing horrible, but the fact is HE ISN’T.

Open your eyes. JF isn’t the reason we are a bottom Offense. Poor OL, Poor Rushing, Half @ss routes being run, and not great play calling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    OK, it came to me last night the answer I wanted to say to thread title: Virginia Wolf;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    So it's all Fields' fault? If it weren't for Fields.... Steelers would have been blown out by the Colts. :facepalm:

8. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Incorrect first word :facepalm:

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Of course it had to be you to get technical;)

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol: Uh huh.

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Ditto - I was also thinking upload_2024-10-10_12-48-56.jpeg :shrug:

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry didn't read all 6 pages of replies. :facepalm:

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s killing him but he’ll never admit it.

14. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    You have to give STD one thing. When he finds a hill to die on, he will die on it. Even if another hill is safe and paradise, he will die on it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    The facepalm was for me for even typing what I did. I was being very crass. Yes the license plate in Up In Smoke came to mind. terrible terrible .
    Which got me thinking about other Roman Numerals and I'm sorely disappointed we didn't beat Dallas the 3rd time :hehehe:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2024 at 4:06 PM
  16. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Did you plagiarize this from a Kenny Pickett apologist thread? :lolol: j/k

At least when it was about Kenny we weren't talking about a guy who's nearing 50 starts in the NFL. But, some are still talking about Fields like he's Richardson, who's 22 and has started 8 games. "He's still growing, he's going to have some bad and mediocre games, but shows tons of potential.

He's had the occasional great game for four years now. He's Sporadic Superman. I'd say he's had one this year. The other four starts were very Pickett-esque. Don't take many chances and screw up too bad, let the defense keep you in it, and hopefully pull something out at the last second.

Where it gets tough is, while I'm pretty sure that Fields would make a decent bridge QB and long term back-up QB, I'm certain that Wilson is not 'the future'.

However, Wilson might give you a better chance to win now, but you're losing valuable evaluation of Fields. It's tough. However, seeing as there really aren't any great teams in the AFC this year, you have to play as if you actually have a chance to make a run, and not just looking to the future. And with the offense being 25th in scoring points this year, it seems like a logical decision to, AT LEAST, see what the SB winning QB and former MVP candidate, that's currently on your roster, can do for you.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Imagine telling Russ he’s the guy, Pickett leaves then JF is the starter, who honestly hasn’t proved anything since he got into the league, then Russ leaves next year and we’re stuck with JF who’s honestly not a SB QB. Russ is. Yes JF has a little more athleticism moving around but no way can he read a defense or control the flow of a game like Russ can. Thats why they brought him here. Let Russ play. This offense desperately needs veteran leadership. I think Russ is like the dad in the group and can hold it down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Nice quick snappy response

19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Me: :popcorn:

STD: :beathorse:

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Don't project. It's unseemly .

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This.....why are so few forgetting everything that is being said is the exact stuff everyone said last year. .....,, and yet when we went to Mason.....we actually started scoring points.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This, and if it doesn't work. Go back to Fields. People act like Fields will evaporate, or freaking melt if You start another Qb. LoL

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So I wanted Kenny Pickett to start over Trubisky because He was a running Qb??? No because He was turning the ball over, and not scoring points....
    LoL. So I wanted Mason to start over Kenny Pickett because He was a running Qb??? LoL. No because He wasn't scoring points.
    If Lamar Jackson was here right now, and the team was scoring points. I wouldn't say a word. You people keep saying how Fields is doing great. How is being bottom in the league in scoring doing alright, and if You are so dang sure it's not the Qb... then why wouldn't You like to see another Qb play, and prove You are right. All I'm hearing is a bunch of its not him. Well it's pretty easy way to prove it, but for some strange reason.....you don't want to see it. Like I said before. I think TJ Watt is awesome,,but if some didn't....I would be glad to see someone else in his spot to prove people wrong, but strangely You don't want see it.
    It easier just to repeat. It's not him....it's not him.

24. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
  25. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    The OC doesn’t have handcuffs the HC does on the entire team.