1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Question. What is Everyone Afraid Of???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Oct 8, 2024.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Did not Allen come in and complete a pass over the middle for a nice gain? Hell why not? Throw him in there. At the end of the year he'll be one of the QBs we keep

2. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Ok before I reply I will point out that is 0001 hours and I may be slightly buzzed not a lot just a luttle. Ok Wait..... alright... Have you seen how this team is coached/??? Tnlin doesn't switch between QBs unless he's forced to. Fielss has shown just enought to be intriguing. That will pique Mr. Tomolin's intgerest and keep him from removing the young man from the filed! S.T.D i lo ve ytou man. but come on. that ain't happning..

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    they have a top 5 defense and the o line will be good when healthy. Besides Pickens you have PF, Roman Wilson should be good when he’s back and CA III can be dangerous if used. Fields is a run first Qb that is still trying to learn to read defenses. He’s mostly a one read dart thrower. They need to see what Wilson can do. 26 TD’s last year on a bad denver team.

Pickett never got a chance to play outside of Canadas offense. He should be considered an unknown at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Is Canada the OC for the Eagles now?

• Like Like x 1
  5. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Better them than the Ravens in my book. And be realistic, this team couldn't win a Superbowl this year if the ghosts of Don Shula, Bill Walsh (he's dead right?), and Vince Lombardi all combined to coach the team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I read this in my "drunk" voice and it's hilarious. Well done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Cohesion requires them playing together. It doesn’t matter that Moore and seamalu are veterans or that Jones is a first round pick. It’s 5 guys working together in unison. That doesn’t happen overnight. It’s only exacerbated when your line changes every single week.

8. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Fields is a QB that just totally pisses me off.
    He scouts out to be like Jayden Daniels But:
    He's supposed to be really fast; I haven't seen that. I know it's there somewhere.
    Daniels can thread the eye of a needle at 60 yards 99% of the time, Fields is at best 50-50.

I keep hoping he makes steps of progress as each game passes by.
    I even grade on a bell curve as the #2 WR is non-existent. He does still have a TE a RB and WR and occasional slot WR.
    Fields just hoovers around that borderline between 3rd tier talent and 2nd tier..
    At this point, and it could change maybe, a career backup is what I am seeing.

Wilson has been in decline.
    I know that his performance last year got of "He's coming back" praise, but it really wasn't special.
    I think he does know the game better than fields and knows how to read the defense.
    I think he's more solid, but mobility becomes the question.
    I do like the fact that if he can buy some time, he throws a deep ball that is among the best.
    But sightings of him in the field of play in a Steeler uniform has been like unicorn sightings.

Allen once had promise.
    I watched him in Washington, he sucked. But that whole franchise blew.
    He can throw a laser guided pass for 70 yds then toss a WTF ball the next 5 times.

With regards to the current situation, they can rearrange the chairs on the Titanic but I'm not so sure it is going to help much.

At some point our GM or coach, whomever is making the call, needs to drive a stake in the turf and say this is our guy in the draft and go for it.
    The world record Darwin Award goes to the jack---- that drafted Kenny and decided it was a great idea to let Matt Canada develop him. World class stupid.
    "So, we got what we got here today."
    Hopefully, lessons learned and the next one we do a little better preparation.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Has pickett been playing in philly?

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I was not happy when we got Fields but I agree the more I hear him the more I like him. Although, I do not want him to be the Steelers starting QB for the future. IMO Tomlin gives way to much leeway to these guys. Kisses a bit of ass too. Hope to be wrong but I bet the over and I'm pretty sure I'll be out a C note. Hmmmm, I'm headed to the Hard Rock now. Maybe they will refund my bet.:facepalm:

When I saw the title I thought of the creepies in From and thought maybe you found a way to get the people out of there;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I actually take flies and throw them on the big ass webs we get. So cool watching them spring into action when I throw one on. We had one stay for about 2 weeks. Sucker lived well thanks to me:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    What’s wrong with you lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    upload_2024-10-9_9-19-26.jpeg

14. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Your bathroom has a lot of leg room

15. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I hate spiders.
    I hate Snakes.
    And I am not Jim Stafford.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I don’t think any one is afraid. The issue as many people see it is not the QB position. It’s literally everywhere else.

17. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    And tha
    And, that reason was to be the Starting QB, as Mike Tomlin had said over and over again.

No reason Russell Wilson does not get to start as soon as he is Healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Again. If it's not the Qb position....then why be afraid of seeing what it looks like with another Qb??? If it doesn't work....whats to lose???None of the Qbs are under contract past this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I find them fascinating, and I don't kill things I don't eat....unless I'm forced to. I have no desire to eat spiders.....so I let them live.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    THIS could be the smartest thing you've ever said!!! Spiders are good dudes

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm due for one smart thing said about every 3 months to go along with all the dumb $hit I say all the time. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This 100%
    . I'm not saying He will be better, or that Allen will be better, but this Offense is something like 24 th in points scored, and the Defense is tied for number 1 in points allowed. So itmakes no sense with none of the Qbs under contract next year ,not to see if a different one will spark the offense....., and if it doesn't. Go back to Fields.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Yep, exactly. It’s not like they would be disrupting a top-ranked offense lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yet we are still top 10, or higher in every D category, and tied for number 1 in points allowed. Yet 24th in Offense, and You don't want to see any changes. Do You owe Fields something??? Does the Steelers owe Fields something??? Do they owe any of these Qbs anything ??? If it doesn't work.....you can always go back to Fields