1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Question. What is Everyone Afraid Of???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Oct 8, 2024.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I think it's less of the physical abilities of the individual members of the OL, but the units cohesion. Too many missed assigments, blitz pick-ups, and stunts are killing them.

I don't know who is to blame for that, but beating the guy in front of you isn't the whole job.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If You will go look back at last year's comments. This is what most said about Mason??
    And if Wilson, or Allen, or whoever does work. Fields is still on the team.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So ....Question if it doesn't work....what have we lost???

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly what everyone said last year. What's the point. Do You want to wait till the last 3 weeks to find ourmt like last year???.
    I mean if it doesn't work....what have we lost???

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes, or no....isn't this the exact thing people said when we went to Mason. If it doesn't work....what's the problem??? I think some worry more that it will work....., and their guy won't be starting.
    I can tell you right now.....I could give a $hit who was starting if they are scoring points, and not wearing the D out.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I honestly think people are either more afraid it might work, or that their guy isn't in there. I'm a Steeler fan, and I don't give a F**k who's the Qb....as long as we are scoring points, and not making the D play the whole game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Its because the QB has been the least of our issues. Our OL is in shambles bc of injury, we have 0 WR's outside of Pickens (and we apparently have to "limit" his snaps bc he's a baby), our main TE is fine but we never use Washington, our only healthy RB is slow and terrible.

Injuries are a big part of it. Our Rookie RT is out for the year, our starting RG is out for the year, as is his main back up, our starting LT missed the first 4 games of the season, our only RB threats have been out for a couple weeks now.... What is Russell going to do? Even if he plays well, what is there? Are our garbage WR's going to actually get open? Is Russell going to see each and every one of them the second they break open for a split second? Will Pickens ever grow up? Is Najee going to actually hit a hole hard? Are any of our OL going to be able to stay on the field?

We need to stick with Justin. There's something there, we just (again) don't have enough weapons around him. It will be so easy to upgrade our WR2 and RB positions in FA and the draft next year. Combine that with any health at all on the OL and we might actually have something. The way we are constructed now, we're lucky to score 20 a game. We'd still struggle with Mahomes at the helm....

• Like Like x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Perhaps this would be a much better question for the coaches and not the very few of us fans on this message board. Too bad the media doesn’t have the guts to ask them that but that’s the world we now live in. Nothing but fluffy roses tinted on everyone’s glasses.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    but what good did last year do us, MR won us 3 games in a row. JF has done that this year. Did MR win us a playoff game?

10. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    If putting in Russ doesn't work out?

Besides games I have no idea.

My thinking is that right now the run game is non-existent because of injuries and poor play. Defenses are less likely to just tee off at a mobile guy like Fields because if they don't contain him it's a big gain. As mobile as Russ has been in his career, he's never been what Fields is in that respect.

Put Russ or Kyle back there and I honestly think they get absolutely rocked by the pass rush.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Point man points.
    So you don't think if Mason played more games we wouldn't have put up more points.
    Do you not want more points on offense. I still can't see what the problem is....what will it hurt??

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't see Allen get rocked. Didn't people say the same thing last year.....if Pickett, and Trubisky with their mobility is getting sacked what will Mason do???
    Many a Qb has played without mobility. People are duped.
    Flacco has no mobility.....yet the Qb he replaced is one of the fast Qbs.....yet Flacco had been sacked less, and has more tds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I don't know what people were saying.

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You weren't on the board last year??
    If not sorry. You can go back, and read it. Almost to a tee this is the same arguments we had last year about starting Mason over Trubisky, or Pickett. Yet the team scored more points with Mason than they did all year....so then the people that wanted Pickett , or Trubisky.....made this whole thing up about it was because He was playing easier teams. LoL
    You know what....I don't care who the Freaking Qb is....as long as the team start scoring points. We are bottom of the league in this, and I can't see why people are afraid to see what the other Qbs can do. If it doesn't work....it doesn't work.....no harm ....no foul. But I believe most are like last year......afraid it will.

15. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    Playing against the Raiders may be a good place to try out Russ actually. But being this is his first full week of practice maybe better to wait for one of the NY games. Get him live reps, through the bye with 2 weeks to plan for the Commanders.
    Then you have a large enough sample size to maybe know who to play once we start division games.
    ????

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All of this matters not if He's not healthy, and they don't want to change the Qbs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Not afraid my expectations are low.

5 games in and the injuries are mounting.

The 180 mill defense looks like the 180 dollar defense. Minkah talking to the media about how he can fix it as he has really just disappeared. Says they need to simplify it. Hot Dog Tomlin said they are working on that every week. D Line is swiss cheese. Secondary is soft. Watt can't play all 11 positions.

Then Pickens acting the fool. Again. Benched. But not benched according to Hot Dog. Analytics he says. Jogging and missing easy throws. Pouting. I can understand his frustration and on a team like the Chiefs he would flourish. There is already chatter in the media about trading him.

Its the outdated approach that drives this offense. And Hot Dog is afraid to let Fields let it rip because he is afraid of the devastating pick. Picks happen. But I understand his fears due to the fact that Fields in the two and a half years he was with Chicago had 30 of them. This is why I believe when Wilson is cleared he will start and they might open it up a bit more.

The team is in a bit of trouble. We will see how they respond against the Faders...

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Same exact thing I heard last year. The question is what will it hurt???

19. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    This week and next should show if he's healthy enough or not.

I like the way Fields plays the game. Does not mean I wouldn't rather have 30pts a game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I like the kid....I truly do. I didn't when he 1st came here,,but I do now, but I like the Steelers a freaking whole lot more. ...and no matter what anyone thinks....we have at least a top 10 Defense (I believe better).... if We could just get a middle of the pack Offense going.....we could do somethings

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I was. Last season was my first on here. I just don't remember last year's chatter. I lost my father last December so I didn't pay much attention to the end of the season or playoffs. I wouldn't have gotten into that debate anyway.

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Why do I feel like I’m listening to a song ending that fades out with the chorus being repeated over and over?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry about Your Father.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    Our starting defense can be as good as that one from 2007/8, IMO. Stupid injuries.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Because you are. LoL Because many aren't answering the Question....they are just saying they don't think it's the Qb. Well if it's not the Qb.....then nothing will change, and what did it hurt, and if they honestly don't think it's the Qb....why care if a different one starts???
    None are under contract, and we can always go back to whomever.
    Chorus fading away.........

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1