1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Question. What is Everyone Afraid Of???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Oct 8, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Why are certain people afraid of seeing what the other Qbs can do???
    Do we really want to wait until the last 3 games like last year???
    We are only 5 games into a 17 game season.
    What is the problem???
    I see it if We had any of these guys signed beyond this year, but We don't....., or if We were putting up points, but we again are at the bottom of the league. So what is the problem with giving it a look??
    Is it more important that You , or anyone is right , or wrong, or that we start putting up points???
    I like Fields...., and the more I listen to him talk....the more I like Him, but if someone can play at this point better.....why not try it.....be it Allen, or Wilson. It's not like You can't go back to Fields???
    So what's the problem really????

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They aren't going to start Allen unless there are injuries, I could see Wilson starting once he gets completely healthy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Wilson will be a full participant at practice starting tomorrow…. With the 2s, but if he responds well, I could see them giving him reps with the 1s by the end of the week.

Like you said, why not try? He was brought in for a reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    upload_2024-10-8_13-15-30.jpeg

Sorry thought we were getting into Helloween themes.

There was talk about having both QBs play certain plays or series earlier pre-season.
    Not afraid to see that. Mix it up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    At this point The only argument against starting Wilson is fields can do things Wilson no longer can. Our oline is in shambles and fields athletic ability helps to some extent with that.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    I guess I agree with strummer on this. I would rather have Russ right now if I had more faith in the OL and the run game. I think waiting out the development of the OL may be worth it long term, over watching Russ get pummeled.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We should also keep in mind, having Wilson behind center may help improve the run game… Teams might not be as willing to stack the box as much. Of course they may also bring heat to test his mobility….. I’m grasping at straws.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Seems to me ...

So far there is no fright of trying a dual threat or even a tripke headed monster

9. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I’m not against a qb change, but I don’t see the point of making the change when these losses aren’t falling on the hands of the qb play. You have a decimated and new OL. You can’t get any type of run game going. You have 0 WR’s behind GP in which GP is becoming more of a head case as each game passes. The OC has handcuffs on the qb. Heck the last 5 years it seems like the qb has had handcuffs on.

overall I think the whole game plan of just keeping it close is getting old. I will forever believe that our best offense occurs when we are in hurry up. Seriously it’s been like that since Ben Was QB, if we run hurry up we march the field and score.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I do not think it's being afraid, it's the reality of several factors, new offensive scheme, O line decimated by injuries and those remaining are very young and inexperienced. Smith calls a limited selection of plays simply because the offensive playmakers are limited in ability. There is more to it obviously, but it starts with the O line and right now we suck there, it progresses to a running game that sucks because of that line and injuries to RB's. It expands to a QB who has his moments, but has a history of turning over tha ball so you adjust for him not to do that. TE's being underused for whatever reason, our nr 2 WR's being underused because they suck, and our ! WR making the occasional outstanding play, but is double teamed or gives a half assed effort. Can Wilson do better, perhaps, or he can get killed.

I personally though the O would be better, and they were in a couple of games for time of possession. but the simplicity of this O and the lack of talent (regardless of who is at QB). makes me think we are in for a very tough season.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I would agree, you cant run a hurry up for 60 mins, but the change up through out a game could bring good results, that said you also need the personal to do it, our WR room has no one in it for that O to be effective.

12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i am not afraid!

Tomlin is.......

we are going nowhere fast year after year with this organization

no one on this roster is safe for NEXT YEAR.

this is part of why I don't think they gave Najee that 5th year. it might ALL BLOW UP in January. Was even thinking today - who and WHERE is Minkah? Makes WAAAAAY too much $$$ for such little impact. He is on the block, if this secondary does not tighten up. DAK diced them and he always seems to be one step late.

13. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    This is exactly it! Fear has nothing to do with it, but what good would come out of the QB change?

The offense has been like this forever... Even the 2008 SB required a crazy ass hurry up last minute miracle to win it. The approach to the game the team has is just stupid.

if anything Fields is improving and if keeps improving, he could potentially play several years. Chances of Wilson playing several years is much less. what good will come out of a QB change?

Tomlin will change QBs to deflect away from being a **** coach and get himself an excuse for why the team can't contend for SBs.

14. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

our OLINE is not in shambles

tired of hearing that.

Moore is a veteran at this point, salvageable
    Seumeola is a veteran, returning from injury, yes - rust MON night
    Frazier is an animal
    McCormick is a ROOK but I bet will be here a LONG time
    Jones is a #1 draft pick, hampered with some injury, but knows what he is doing.
    and Washington is an animal as a TE / extra lineman

Many teams have rookies starting, rookies and young olines.

Our QB's have sucked and coaching has sucked for years.

that is our biggest problem

that and.....no Warren to help Najee out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Oh look it’s Mr waffle with more bullcrap

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We don’t live in our fears, unless we do.

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think the o-line could start gelling every week we keep this same group. Last week was their first week together. By the weeks end two. This is probably increasing our chances going forward. Why not see if we can add to another problem area. Flacco helped the browns and colts. The red rifle helped carolina. Why not let Russell try to help the steelers? :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The idea came up before and some members made good points about why it won't work which I totally forgot. I like the idea. Confuse the hell out of the defense for the bad guys.

• Like Like x 1
  19. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Win the Lombardi and Mike retires.
    Happy Days are here again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    It fascinates me when fans take a quote out of context and apply it across the board to any situation.

1. Tomlin said he likes playing in close games. As opposed to blowout games. He never said he keeps games close on purpose to win in the 4th quarter.

2. The never had a losing season stat is not and has never been a standard. It is a feat Steelers fans should be proud of though.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    The OL was decimated when we didn't have Seumalu, Daniels, Fautanu, and Jones in an arm brace. That is at least 3 starters out. We got Isaac back and Jones is playing brace free now. Hopefully we get things back on track this week and keep building.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Right!?!!? Kyle Allen could be our Brock Purdy! :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Steelers are all about living in their fears Afraid to open up the deep pass ---a lot--- afraid to go hard for a WR that could help us. Afraid to change QB until it's too late because Tomlin loves his #1-- afraid to do blitzes all the time. When it would work c'mon Tomlin stop holding back being cutesy. Stop with the:popcorn:stop feeding us :poopy::poopy::poopy: sandwiches or get out because im :worried::shock::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon: that it's another suck season

• Like Like x 1
  24. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    I'm afraid the Chiefs are gonna win another Superbowl get with it Steelers

25. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    For me a QB change is neither here nor there. So I guess it can’t hurt. However, Wilson behind this line seems like a bad situation. I think we have a lot of problems that don’t necessarily get any better with a QB change. I think the offense would look diff but net the same results with Wilson…since we can’t run or block consistently. Until that’s solved we won’t really know if Fields can reach his potential, or if Wilson has something left in the tank. Net net…we’re probably looking at 9-8 again this year and no real answer at QB. Welcome to NFL QB purgatory.

• Agree Agree x 1