1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do anyone believe the current steelers leadership can end this offensive nightmare

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, Oct 7, 2024.

1. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    The last 3 three have been a dumpster fire on offense and do you trust the management and coaching staff to end this crapshow offense.

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers have needed change from the top down since 2017. Either of the young hot-shot OCs from Lions (Johnson) or Saints (Kubiak) would be a massive upgrade over Popcorn at HC in 2025.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Correct, so the answer to the Q is .....NO

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think Arthur Smith is more than capable of getting this offense on track if he's not Micromanaged.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  5. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    When they showed the split screen with the 2 owners last night I bet Cowboys fans and Steeler fans both had about the same reaction of resigned sadness. Neither franchise is winning anything while they're in the owners box.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    but he Is

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    No

Easy call, nothing has changed for over a decade. We haven't been good on offense in five years, basically since Ben was somewhat healthy and somehow overcoming coaching ineptitude by sheer will.

Anyone that thinks Tomlin is an NFL caliber head coach should be committed for their safety and for those around them...that or HEAVILY medicated and kept under house arrest.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We’ll find out

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Wanna know something messed up?!

During his entire tenure as Steelers Head Coach, Mike Tomlin has never hired neither a Coordinator or Positional Coach under the age of 40. I am seriously not kidding. If anything, I believe that Tom Arth may be Tomlin's youngest ever hire at the age of 42! :eek:

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed.

Let the damn OC play call dammit.

Enough of this "Play not to lose" Bull$#!t. If the consequences involve the Offense giving the ball away, so be it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I will go down with the ship saying Tomlin is the most overrated coach in history. It's like ARod's garbage time stats, how many rings mans. The non losing seasons mean nothing because at the end of the day him and Bill both have 1 ring but think about the talent each had on their teams. If you gave Bill B the talent Tomlin had over the years I truly believe we have 3 Lombardis not just one. Ok back to reality and this is where we are and that is all water under the bridge at this point and the reality is we have him as a head Coach for years to come.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I think it's time for the Steelers to part ways with Pat Meyer. Its been a **** show ever since he took over and they've spent high draft capital and FAs to fix this. I understand there's a plethora of injuries but many of those FAs were also depth pieces. Football starts up front and getting a WR1 won't fix much if this OL continues to struggle.

I do agree that Tomlin needs to stop micromanaging, but there's issues with the players as well.

Speaking of WR, bench Pickens. If it costs us the Raiders game, I don't care. That guy needs to grow up and grow up fast. He didn't run routes on several plays and that scrum at the end of the game was just a straw that broke the camels back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    It is very difficult to gauge what is actually happening in Pittsburgh behind those closed doors. They play VERY close to the vest.

I'll take a shot at Omar, the golden child.
    He HAS to make moves happen when they become a glaring need, and he cannot play wait-n-see crap either.
    The best GMs are active with the coaching and often down on the sidelines at some point.

I don't think Omar has the vision nor the spark to be a top-notch GM in this league.

I have to say something about this philosophy "Play not to lose" bs on offense.
    If that is your offensive game plan, you need to go and go now.
    If you haven't noticed, the NFL rules are set up for the offense.

Now back to the Omar track.
    Omar thought it was a good deal to go out and grab another Chicago cast off.
    And add a Veteran who has been subpar for3 years, maybe 4.
    Ryan Leaf anyone?

In this NFL, GM's have to be aggressive.
    To answer the question, I'd say no for now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

it won't happen, haven't we ALL seen this movie before. again, and again and again?

it is the TOMLIN way, it is all Collinsworth could talk about last night, like it is some GREAT trait!

the NFL is duped by this guy, that is for sure!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Not having a #2 WR is ALL on Omar and front office. Not that it would help that much but it is a start.

16. SteelLion69

SteelLion69 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2023
    No. Mike Tomlin is a defensive head coach and cheerleader, out of date in the modern NFL. He will never win another Superbowl.

The fix is an offensive minded innovator and a franchise quarterback. That is really how the rules and league has gone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    yes ,tomlin could retire.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am afraid not, MT is too controlling won't let coaches
    Coach and won't put players in a position to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    It's simple, get lucky in Vegas, kick New York's ass twice in the Burgh and we're golden.

You west coast fans enjoy the next 3. You have a 1:00 and two 5:15 games. Not until November 10th does the 10:00 AM game return.

20. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    When will the next Rooney take over? This one sucks and nothing will change with this Rooney.

It’s disheartening to know that there’s no shot of making a run into the playoffs for so many seasons, and there’s no end in sight because Rooney doesn’t even want anything changed - so this just goes on and on

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
  22. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Absolutely not.

How many years have we been watching this now? It's not going to change.

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    I don’t know how many QBs and OCs we have to burn through with same result before the front office figures out that Tomlin is the problem. Seems endless.

• Agree Agree x 4
  24. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If we were just a little better we would be 5-0 and there would no talk of dumpster fires.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    TOMLIN will probably get another extension any day. What a fing joke.

• Agree Agree x 2