1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Justin Fields Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Sep 22, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Difference is they are putting up points. I Like Fields, and I hope we keep him around, but it's not fair to this team to not see whatever else We may have at Qb. We are top 5 in almost all D categories.....even counting last night, and bottom half in almost every Offensive Category. And it doesn't help when Allen , the backup Qb walks in and automatically throws the longest competition of the night up to that point.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    People keep referencing what Allen did while ignoring that Fields came back in after getting his bell rung pretty good and went right down the field and score.

When they attack the MOF, they get good results. Tomlin is a fraud with his we don’t live in our fears bs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    hmmmmmm (?)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

his price is dropping.......EACH WEEK!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Fields is the least of Steelers problems.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    and the week before

7. SteelLion69

SteelLion69 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2023
    Yeah. I wouldn't hand Fields a huge contract. You can draft a rookie QB and not kill the salary cap. Unless you have a Franchise QB, not worth paying big money.

Fields is a good band-aid for this year.

This team needs to draft a QB every year going forward. If you find one, trade the extra and get value.

8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

and NO QB will thrive under Tomlin and his handcuffed schemes. EDIT - Mahomes and some of the other QBs could play, but Tomlin ruins this by playing for 3 all day long, like it is 1992.

Ben did some b/c he was here, Tomlin just let him show up and win.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Sorry folks he is not a franchise QB. He is not him.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We are very close to the bottom in scoring. Just like last year....until Mason played. Funny thing is everyone said the same things....it's not the Qb it's the coaching, and very 1st game Mason puts up more points than all year.
    Hell Joe Flacco has played 2 games , and has as many tds as we do. Yet people say he's old, and done.

11. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Ben didn't listen, Ben played Ben football. Tomlin couldn't get mad or bench him bc we were winning games. They tried to handcuff him and keep him in the pocket, it didn't work for his style.

Fields wants to run all the time. On that 3rd and 2,he made up his mind to run it before the ball was snapped. Running QBs don't last in the NFL. But it didn't help that we didn't have a RB that he had confidence in getting 3 yrds.

Going to be a long year, I am glad its hockey season too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Never thought I would say I miss Mason but here I am missing the heck out of him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    We should have signed flacco. One constant in this performance is Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Get off the when the coach let's them. No coach in tge history of any league says......hey if a guy is open....don't throw to him.....Same HC coached Mason....who threw to the middle of the field, Trubisky who threw to the middle of the field, Ben who threw to the middle of the field, yet Pickens, and Fields don't.....yet somehow Your going to make me believe that He said hey.....backup....even though you haven't thrown a ball.....make sure you throw into the middle of the field. LoL. No what happened is some Qbs see the open guys, and some as soon as they feel pressure the take off, and don't see the open guys. Actually think about it ....which make more sense????

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Was Tomlin not the HC when Mason was scoring points, and throwing all over???
    Was Tomlin not the HC when Ben was leading the league in passing yards.
    The one consistent is terrible Qb play.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Good Lord in Heaven....this is freaking ground hog day all over. We argued about this same exact $hit last year, and then Mason stepped in, and we started scoring, and the offense started moving, but then everyone that blamed everything but the Qb....said .....Oh it was easy teams. LoL

17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We don’t live in our fears… except for Sundays…. And some Mondays and Thursdays… oh, and the occasional Saturday in December or January.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    To be fair, we cut the cord on Canada when Mason took the reigns and Kenny had one of his better games of his career, a week after we got rid of Canada, against the Bengals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m done having this conversation with you. Smith is on record saying we avoided the MOF and you make up some bs as to why he said that. You don’t believe coaches do anything, not sure wtf they are even on the sideline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Mason here would have been a better starter for 2024 than what we are seeing. I said that in February. Tomlin and Khan blew that. BUT - I think Mason wanted out. I bet Tomlin wanted him gone.

see the theme?

TOMLIN is the ONE CONSTANT year after year after year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    And how successful was that run by Mason?? How Many playoff games did we win? Mason was never going to be a good QB. But hell all the coach does is roll the ball out there and say sick'em. Thus team on both offense and defense have very little cohesion and almost no ability to make a big play. The secondary is continually failing and they look around at each other and wonder what the hell is going on. But again that's not coaching. To hell with it. Tomlin is the greatest ever

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So just a Question was the offense better, or worse when Mason played???
    We are in the top 3 of almost everything, and number 1 in somethings Defensively....yet somehow they suck. LoL
    If You just want to say Tomlin sucks go ahead. That's your right, but to say last year as soon as we changed Qb that we didnt start magically putting up points would be a lie. You know it, I know it, and anyone that remembers last year knows it.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Your done with it because nothing I said was wrong.,...and it doesn't support what you said. If it was....please point it out. He was sticking up for His Qb.
    Question....
    1. Have You ever heard of a coach sticking up for a player??? Yes, or no???
    2. Have You ever heard a coach tell a player.....hey if the player is open....don't throw Him the ball??? Yes , or No???
    3. Did we not go through all this same stuff last year when Pickett played.....yet when Trubisky, and Mason played somehow the middle of the field got thrown into???? Yes , or No.
    I already know the answers....it's all in black, and white, and on stat sheets you can look up, but will you be honest, and actually see it???

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Translation the coach disputes my POV so I will make up silly bs.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes he did, but I was talking about points. We didn't really start putting up points until Mason started, and I'm not trying to say Mason is great. He was just better than what we had
    LoL. Exactly what I thought You answer would be. LoL
    I never said the coach didn't say it, but I also know coaches stick up for their players. Example: Just this week Tomlin with Pickens....., but You won't answer the questions because they don't fit your narrative. They were simple questions, but you evade them. Why??? Does not seeing something make it go away???