1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs. Cowboys official gameday thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Oct 6, 2024.

1. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Just a bad game on both sides of the ball. Yeah, yeah, 4 turnovers, but you keep Lamb in check, but the rest of the offense piles up over 400 yards on you?? Our DC got out schemed again this week and he better change it up next game. Trust Porter more on single coverage and call more blitz schemes. Last two weeks, when we haven't got any pressure on QB, they have torched us, be it with crossing routes, TE that we've lost track of being wide open, etc. Our coverage schemes are freaking horrible

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Good point … Tomlin is blitz averse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  4. woofermazing

woofermazing New Member

Sep 10, 2024
    West coast away game versus an awful team. I've seen this movie before.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They beat the Raiders and Seahawks on the road last year :shrug:

6. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    On the last play 4th & 7 how the hell can you be playing back.Coverage gotta be tight.
    When i saw the D.. i said slant will kill us because dallas was near the goal line.What really pisses me off is
    DeShon Elliott knew this was his guy to cover and let him ran across the endzone for easy TD

7. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    You build an entire team around the defense and then the defense sucks ass.

8. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    fields is mediocre at best

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That was a bad matchup, a strong safety one-on-one with a receiver. They ran him through traffic, had way too long to allow the route to develop, and Elliot was still in position to grab at the receiver's arms as he was trying to catch the ball.

10. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Just saw a locker room interview, Donte Jackson said they were in man to man..if you're in man near the endzone you cannot play back

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think he was playing back. I think he got stuck in a bad matchup on a well-executed play by the Cowboys and Prescott had way too much time to throw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

BLITZBURGH IS DEAD - GONE w LeBeau.

it's all the SOFT ZONE, bend but don't break, COVER 2 Tomlin

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Deshon is the one that played back and weren't sure what to do..look at the play in slow mo..it was his man that caught the TD.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I will tell everyone this. If we played on the same team, and my Defense caused 3 turnovers, and a 4th that we didnt get, and was made to play the majority of the game because the Offense couldn't pick up 3rd downs, and with all our help couldn't score more than 17 points.....I'd punch the Offensive player that blamed the Defense for that loss right in the face....., and ask them when will You ever be the side of the team to win us the game??? Why must it always be on us???
    Right now this D is top in the league, or top 5 in almost every single Defense category.....even after this game, and as usual since Ben left.....bottom half in almost every category Offensively. Yet it's the Ds fault. LoL

15. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I hate the scheme, I would rather go down trying to disrupt the timing of the qb and receivers by mixing up blitz packages with tight man coverage jamming them at the line. The slow bleed down the field sometimes works but often against better teams it doesn't, you get picked apart. Now the offense needs to take some heat off the defense by putting up more points but last night they scored gave you the lead and you let the other team march down the field and score a TD and win the game. Far too easy.

16. GtownNCSteeler

GtownNCSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Look at the bright side fellas and ladies, Coach Tomlin is still 1 game above .500. That’s all that matters in steel town, right?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Nope

18. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    IMG_0778.jpeg
    Raiders didn’t have Uncle Rico last year:hehehe:

19. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member