1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 7, 2024.

1. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Play calling and personnel for situational downs is horrible.

2. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I can see that getting worse unless he gets his catches and yardage, regardless whether we win the game or not.

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    When we won earlier this year I was glad, but there's a bit of a numbness when it comes to this team.
    When we lost last week I didn't even care. I've come to expect poor play, especially from our extremely conservative offence. As I said, I'm numb at this point.
    But tonight was a kick right square in the nuts. This game was given to us. We may not have deserved it, but it was given to us. 3 turnovers and a blocked FG. Dallas literally gave it to us, but we blew it.
    Extremely safe playcalling to the point I want to puke. Wasted timeouts, like every week. Apparently timeouts don't matter in the 2nd half. The NFL should just take them away from us, we're just going to abuse them anyway.

I've been waiting for 10+ years for them to fire Tomlin. I always thought it would happen. Now I don't believe it will. for some reason a lot of people think he's good and he likely has this job for life.
    Either I go back to being numb or I'm done with a Tomlin coached team. Because it's not worth being this angry over. It's been 10 ****ing years of anger. It's just not worth it.
    Whatever. I'm going to bed. I'll be back or I won't. Life goes on.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    This was a poor team effort. We had several turnovers and a blocked field goal but the defense is a porous...allowing them to march down the field with runs of 5-10yards a pop and quick/short passes, with the occasional blown coverage for a long gain. We can't always pressure the QB with a 4 man effort all the time and need to blitz our LBs. Its 3 and 5 or less and our CBs are playing 10 yards off...smh.

Offensive wise, I don't see the creativity. We have a mobile QB and we are kinda handicapping him with bunch formations and 2 or 3 tight ends on the field at a time. That just puts no speed on the field and 8 or 9 in the box and expecting Najee to run against that. We need to spread our offense out and run crossing patterns and such to get our WR open...just like Dallas did on that last TD they scored. With our WRs spread out, Fields will have more space to run when things break down.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2024
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I haven’t been to a game since 2022
    Unlikely I’ll go to one until Tomlin is gone.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It’s easy to shut down one receiver, when none of the other receivers scare you.

We desperately need to make a move for another top tier guy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

So we are playing for a Top 10 pick then?!

If that is the case, perhaps that is the final straw that will break the camels back!!!..... is what I would like to say. People like T.J. Watt, Cameron Heyward and others simply wont allow that to happen. Regardless, I agree.

Side note: Time to worry about Minkah Fitzpatrick?! I surely as hell am. He has been MIA since 2022.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Whether he is pissed off or not is by no means the deciding factor. If there is one thing that Jordan Lewis is correct on is the additional receiver. Pickens is the only one the team has.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I was cautiously optimistic before the season. I remained so, but happy for the early wins. Last week could have just been a bad game. All teams have them and you're not going to win them all.

The bloom is off that rose. This will be another year where we watch the playoffs passively because our team is sitting at home. I'm not even sure a winning season is in the cards.

Maybe 2 bad games in a row? Just flukey? I'm now skeptical.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh absolutely. Still playing Pickett ball.

11. woofermazing

woofermazing New Member

Sep 10, 2024
    It's pretty clearly Tomlins style at this point. He's so risk averse that it puts an insane amount of pressure on the defense to be super human. We would be a 5-7 win team without Watt.

12. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Last play on defense....4th down.... and we rushed 3....awesome!

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Im surprised the secondary is playing as well as it is. There has been so much churn there every year, and there are so many packages where everyone plays. There is no consistency back there. I would just let the best players out there and let the others sit.

What the heck is Edmunds doing out there? He should be on the bench unless there is an injury.

15. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Oops wrong thread, but it works

16. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    And a qb

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Definitely need another receiver, but gotta give the QB time to throw them the QB has to give them a chance to catch it. Pickens is a head case. It’s no wonder we tried to get Ayuik and apparently are going after Adams. Won’t matter though unless they get the OLine figured out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    There's a reason he was an UDFA

19. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    IMG_0796.jpeg

20. Steel Music

Steel Music Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2018
    And to take it one step further, This is why a head coach that is so focused on defense isn't built to win in today's NFL. It's just the whole philosophy of this offense is antiquated. Harris is not helping us at all And it's amplified by the basic philosophy of the offense. He could be an okay player if you had a pass heavy attack and a more aggressive style offense. But when you're whole philosophy is to just smash mouth the defense but your back is not that dynamic and you have a huge hole in a number two receiver in your offense, it's just not something that should happen The offense need some serious attention.

I'm sure we're going to hear Justin Fields regressed in all of this but he is not in a system that is built to win offensively.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Is that supposed to make it alright?

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

The question pertains as to WHY?!

Kenny Pickett isn't in the same universe as Justin Fields as far as overall QB play is concerned. If there is something that Fields needs beyond a WR, it is a Head Coach that can trust him early and often. To both Tomlin and Smith's credit... they did... until they stopped doing so all together.

Between me and you, I am now officially convinced that a disastrous season ending in a Top 10 pick will wake up AR II!! What other forms of a wake up call is there at this point?!

Blown leads?! Check

AR II's team getting their collective asses kicked in multiple playoff games?! Check.

Inefficient coaching hires?! Check.

Playing down to inferior competition since 2010?! Check.

Nothing seems to faze him at present. AR II did say he was tired of not winning in the playoffs. Should this continue until the end of the season, it is going to get very interesting what AR II will have to say by then.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  23. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I completely agree but you got to admit that was poor sportsmanship by Pickens…especially when the games over.

24. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agree. Needs to grow up.