1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs. Cowboys official gameday thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Oct 6, 2024.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    I agree with O sucking, but that D wont be in top of D categories much longer. That secondary is awful.
    All in all this is a bad team, a few of us knew this coming into season.
    Fields missed so many passes, not to mention if he missed open reads. NBC showed a couple. Reason we got him for a candy bar.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And I could've won the lottery if I picked the right numbers :shrug:

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah....are HC don't want us to score. LoL

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    We're not saying it wasn't the offense.

We're saying the D was also at fault. And they were. If you watched that game and thought the defense played well, I want whatever you're smoking because it's WAY stronger than the stuff I have. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I can’t think of any defensive coach that allows the game winning TD with 20 seconds left to be satisfied. We could’ve lost that game 7-6 and the defensive coach should be mad. Winning coaches would be mad, losers would make excuses.

We pay that defense the most money in the league to win games like that. They didn’t.

6. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    The Pittsburgh Steelers.... turning opponents' weaknesses into strengths for 17 years!!!!

7. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    I was thumbing through the New World Dictionary and came across Deja Vu . It had a picture of a Steelers logo and the wording said " this teams seasons as of late". Very frustrating gut punch this was into the wee hours. Rest as well as you can fellas. Might want to pull out the melatonin. :shrug:

8. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    IMG_0812.jpeg

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL

10. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    It’s definitely the defenses fault. The expectation is much higher on that side of the ball. It is the most expensive defense in the league with high pedigree players everywhere. The coaching is atrocious on that side of the ball.

the offense isn’t far behind but the expectation isn’t nearly as high for those guys.

the sad thing is everything we invest in seems to be playing poorly - offensive line and Patrick Queen in particular.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Tomlin does. He’s been the worst clock managing coach in the league ever since the second he stepped foot onto an NFL field as a coach. 20 seconds isn’t enough time even with the timeouts, but maybe we could’ve saved some time before then to allow us a realistic shot to tie it at the end.

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They pretty much held Lamb in check and still lost :facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Here comes Tomlin's annual 3 game losing streak

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I got go. Some of You are talking crazy stuff right now. The Offense scored 17 points, and the D caused 2 fumble, 2 ints, and the special teams blocked a field goal, and it's somehow not on the offense. LoL.
    If told anyone that our D , and special teams would do all this ....everyone would say we win......unless I said...., but the offense can only score 17 points.....even with all that help

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Nah, the Raiders suck we aren't losing to those bums :hehehe:

16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Their defense wasn't great. Prescott threw two gift interceptions. Defensively, Pittsburgh allowed them to get into scoring position too many times and it finally bit them in the ass. Offensively this team is going nowhere with Fields as the QB. He isn't a starting caliber NFL QB. He relies too much on his athleticism and misses too many open receivers. Plus, he has absolutely no touch on the ball. He throws a fastball on nearly every attempt with almost a flat trajectory. It's time to start Wilson. And even then, this team is already so damn beat-up it might be too late for them to recover when they do get half-assed healthy.

And I don't want to hear any more talk about wasting draft picks on Davante Adams. This is not a super bowl caliber team. I like Arthur and Danny Smith, but the rest of these assistants and position coaches need to go. They need a strong defensive coordinator that knows how and when to blitz instead of Austin/Tomlin continually relying on Watt, Heyward or whoever to get home to cover for poor secondary play. They are paying Fitzpatrick a lot of money for all they are getting out of him. And Patrick Queen for that matter. Elandon Roberts makes much more of an impact when he's on the field than that stiff does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    The offense sucked which allowed the defense to get exhausted (and injured) which caused the defense to give up a 16 play, 90 yard drive.

Then the offense sucked again, punted, defense came up with a huge INT

Offense punched it in after a bonehead late hit out of bounds

Then the defense sucked getting gashed on fullback leads off tackle over and over and over again all the way to the red zone to lose the game. Who the f#@$ is Rico doodle???

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    That's exactly the kind of team they lose to at least twice a year

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    no deception on defense. Just four down line the majority of the time. No press man definitely no press man when we actually do blitz. Queen has been an absolute bust so far. Fitzpatrick has been mia and Kate on the back zone coverage in getting over. I understand communication is a big factor on defense but we hear this every year.

if we can’t block outside zone then stop doing it and just go back to a power scheme.
    Bad game by Fields, oline, Najee and WR’s.

just not a fun team to watch. I watched the Commanders play today and that was an awesome team to watch. They were aggressive on defense. Electric on offense. I’m just sick of this ultra conservative football.

it seems like ever since that year Ben got hurt and Duck Hidges came in and Tomlin figured out this brand of ultra conservative football we have literally been talking laying that style of football ever since.

yep you win just enough games to squeak into the playoffs but that’s the Highmark. It’s not winning football.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Can’t blame one side of the ball when the other essentially lost the game on the field. If you told me we had our defense on the field with 4:30 left and a 4 point lead, I’d expect us to win the game. The score could be 7-3 or 57-53 and it wouldn’t matter. The defense has to win it. We’ve won that game a lot over the years. The defense just has to get it done.

Bad look for the defense the past two weeks. Get bullied by Indianapolis on the road and come home and give up a TD with 20 seconds left the following week….

21. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    That play by Roberts was " Polomalu like" and would have gone down in Steeler lore if only we could have fallen on it.

I felt like the defense fought its ass off all night only to have it wasted.

I understand almost doesn't count, but damn that one is going to haunt me all week

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Wilson, Wilson, Wilson! Suit him up this week, let's go. I need to see what he has. Kyle Allen, one play middle field psss opened up the field a bit. Wilson!

23. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    So true. Tbh we will probably beat KC and find a way to lose to Oakland or NY Giants. It’s how we roll

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if the raiders are favored by 5.5 or 6

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    We do need another playmaker on offense. We have 1 guy who can make a big play… Pickens is it. Muth is solid, but we have 0 WR’s. Actually none.

This offense will get a lot better when we have a difference maker at RB. Warren and Patterson should be getting a lions share of carries moving forward once they get healthy. I think I’ve seen all I need to from Harris in 2024. We need someone who can get us more than 3 a carry.