1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Rumors

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 26, 2024.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    And they make crap up

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't think he's washed. I just think he would be a waste in Baltimore, and then we don't have to worry about him in a place like KC, Buffalo, or Texans.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Please provide evidence of one time Russini has made something up. I bet you can't do it.

4. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    i was far more hopeful/excited for Aiyuk than Adams.. Aiyuk is entering him prime, and trading a decent amount of draft capital would get you a proven #1 or 2 for years to come. Adams, while a better overall player than Aiyuk, is entering the downside of his career and will probably remain elite for another season or two. i don't like overspending for one or two years of good ball.. and he's dealing with a hamstring now.. those tend to linger and re-aggravate all season long. the body heals slower the older you get.

5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    If they could get Adams for a rd. 3 pick, it would be worthwhile. The hamstring injury may be more about being a hostage in Vegas, than unable to play.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Perhaps they do sometimes but don't act like they don't have connections, the agents feed the insiders info in exchange for the publicity.

7. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Have we signed Brandon yet?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Do your own homework

Why would I want to waste time on this

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    The agents in particular feed a lot of crap to produce a fake market

Wanna be journalists repeat it to get attention or clicks or pretend to be an “insider”

People believe it and post it here

Yes I understand

Last edited: Oct 6, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I love how ESPN quoted no bodies as sources to is signing Brandon. And people believed it.

11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    IF another offensive lineman goes down its going to be harder to drive this offense on a consistent basis. Having Fields run around like a chicken with his head cut off will only get you so far. And opposing defenses will start doubling Pickens. Fields still has issues with zoning on his first read which in most cases is Pickens.

I would like to see them trade for a receiver but not Adams. Giving away a 2nd and a pick in 26 for a possible rental when this team has not won a playoff game it seems like ages doesn't bod well. Plus you are going to have to make a decision next season to extend Pickens which isn't going to be cheap and pay a QB which really isn't going to be cheap. Oh and a possible Watt extension?

If they do trade for Adams and they decide to keep him he is NOT going to take a dime less to play for Hot Dog Tomlin. He is leaning on the edge of a career and will want every penny.

Only so much dough to go around.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Romeo Doubs not happy in GB. Suspended for this weeks game. I’d say he will hit the trading block.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Rumors are just that, rumors. Sometimes they are true but often times they are not.

Fields and Wilson were both rumored to be coming here that even Dulac emphatically shot down and yet here they are.

Not everything is fake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    A lot of the smoke with Aiyuk from our side was true, and never refuted.. The Steelers were actively pursuing him and had the parameters of a deal in place. And then Aiyuk basically got called out on his bluff when he was about to be shipped out and resigned with the 49ers. So, yeah. The Steelers have been looking for another legitimate receiver for quite some time now.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    People believe anything some people say

The lack ability to have intelligent thought is widespread

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We don't need a pain in the ass malcontent.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is what I thought. You made a baseless accusation against a reporter who has no history of fabricating stories.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Speaking of reporters who either make things up or have really bad sources, Dulac has destroyed his credibility the last few years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    No actually I did not

This is just you twisting what someone posted so you can start an argument

Or your lack of reading comprehension

Go back and slowly read the related posts and see if you can find your mistake

If and when you do there will be no need to apologize I’ll just feel the warmth in my heart

20. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Why is it assumed these 'reports' have any facts at all? These guys/gals do not have to tell the truth. They only need to get clicks. I don't mind giving them clicks when the headline is intriguing, but discernment must be used before spreading the 'news'.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I’m not playing this game with you. I made no mistake. This is not about starting an argument. This is about a former reporter being tired of seeing good reporters lumped in with the bad. It is not unfair for me to ask that posters back up ugly accusations when they make them. It is not unreasonable for me to assume they can’t do it when they refuse to do so when asked. I hope that response gives you the warm fuzzies and you have a wonderful day. Go Steelers.

22. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I watched the Receivers documentary last night and after watching that I absolutely do not want Adams on our team. What an absolute douchebag. I get it he is on a bad team. But his attitude is all about him first. Even after the team won and he didn’t get alot of targets he complained. That is the last type of WR we want or need on this team. He could and probably would destroy the locker room. A guy with that pedigree and that seniority could literally destroy Pickens and Fields. I don’t think there would be enough targets to go around at all to satisfy him and GP. This offense is built on the run game. We need selfless players on this team who care about winning first. George Pickens is finally coming around to the understanding of being a selfless player. Against the Broncos he only had two catches for 29 yards but he literally accounted for over 150 yards when you account for the PI calls he drew and the one catch that came back because of our penalty. Those things don’t show up on the stats but they make a difference in the games.

Go get Hopkins or Kirk... we could get them for less and by all appearances they don’t seem to have the same negative attitude that Adams has. The guy literally pushed over a photographer on his way to the locker room in one game. What a jerk. Let him go play for the NYJ for a washed up docuhebag QB and a horrible coaching staff. They won’t mount to much. we don’t need another high level talent. We just need a solid number two that will occasionally keep the defense honest and draw double teams away from GP. I think you go for a guy with high of pedigree you re inviting more problems.

A high pedigree whiner complaining to Fields could totally rock his game and cause him to force the ball when he shouldn’t. Not to mention the rumor was we were considering trading Jaylen Warren. Jaylen is the ultimate team player, completely selfless. You can not have enough player like him on your team. Tomlin should know better here. I don’t understand why we are even kicking the tires here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I see you went with the lack of reading comprehension approach rather than admitting you are wrong

How can you possibly teach English

Never mind I just had a flashback to a add lousy English teacher I gsd in high school

And don’t be PMing me anymore I told you that’s creepy

And yes I am having a nice day

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I did not PM you today nor do I intend to do so in the future. There was nothing creepy in any previous PMs I have sent. Please do not imply otherwise.

I comprehend what you wrote just fine. In a discussion of the credibility of Russini's report, you wrote that "they make crap up." To me, that is lumping her in with bad reporters. It was fair for me to ask you to provide an example of her doing something like that. You refused, which made me think you haven't seen her "make crap up." I'm not sure why you would include that comment in a discussion of her report if you didn't mean to apply it to her. If you didn't mean to assert that Russini makes things up in her reports, you could have simply written that and resolved this far more amicably and without the rude comments about my professional skills. Two big parts of what I do are teaching how to read critically and write clearly. Perhaps I slip into that mode on here too often and that rubs some folks the wrong way. I made no mistake and was completely fair in my responses, but if I did go into teacher mode in a way that offended, I apologize.

I doubt this response will give you the warm fuzzies you were hoping for, but I live in hope. Go Steelers.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    The last word

Nobody saw that coming