1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 29, 2024 at 4:10 PM.

1. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    This was as Tomlin of a game as we could get. Terrible on challenges once again. Challenging plays we shouldn’t have and not challenging plays we should have. Out coached at every level. We prepared to stop the run and they knew we were going to do that so they zigged when we zagged. They came out throwing the ball. They saw what alot of people saw last week. Before Herbert got hurt he was dicing up our defense. We continue to play zone defense when were built to play to man press. When Flacco came in we still stayed in zone which made absolutely no sense. We continue to live own our fears on defense with absolutely no aggression meaning we play to keep the game close with the example being continued 4 man fronts with no innovation on the blitzing end. Lesser talented teams on defense are dong so much more in the pressure department than we are.

On the flip side I thought Justin Fields looked good. He really does evoke alot of hope for the present and the future. I have more trust in Arthur Smith than I have of any OC we have had in a long time. IN fact I have more trust in Arthur Smith than I do Tomlin. The offensive line is a hot mess. How can Baltimore consistently produce great offensive line play with lesser pedigree players than we do? I am hopeful once Seumalu gets back and Daniels we can establish some continuity. Najee lacks alot of key attributes that make running backs effective. He lacks burst, start stop speed, lateral agility and most of all vision. He constantly misses the cut back lane or the opportunity to bounce it outside when the designed hole is plugged up, yet he just runs to the hole anyway and pushes the pile for a two yard gain at best. It really is frustrating to watch. They were smart in not extending him. He will do well if we get the run blocking better and he is great behind the power blocking scheme where we pull a guard or tackle or double up on blocks but that isn’t the main component of Smiths run blocking. The outside zone ir even inside zone just don’t seem to be a great fit for Najee. His speed to the hole is really detrimental. The Linebackers and Safeties constantly beat him to the hole and stuff the run for little to no gain. It sucks because I like him and would love to see him do well in this offense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’ll never be able to handle a big market media.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Well, at least Pickens learned his lesson and didn't reach out the ball with one hand later in the middle of the field for no reason. Oh wait, He did! Why is every receiver we get with any talent a complete moron?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It wasn't that early. He ran the ball 21 times and caught three passes.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Lunch time

Oct 26, 2011
    The troll factor is actually a little low right now IMHO

Not much for me to do here

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That was part of it. The Colts ran right at Herbig and had great success. He wasn't even creating pressure as a pass rusher. That doesn't explain all of it, though. The defense was sloppy. The coverage was terrible. Outside of Elliott, I'm not sure any defensive back or linebacker had a good game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Those calls were particularly frustrating. Fitzpatrick pulled up and hit the guy in the shoulder, not the head. That wasn't a penalty. Watt was mugged on Flacco's first touchdown pass. That is an inexcusable miss by the officials.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they are not drafted for their intelligence. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    True. I stand corrected

10. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I know, but I see other guys in the league with more talent like Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb or AJ Brown who just go out there and act like professionals. The latter 2 have had blow-ups with emotions, but they then own it and vow to do better. This guy just pouts and runs and hides from any accountability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they knew that coming in as well. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    I think Fields did a good job today with what he had to work with. I’m concerned about him running. If he gets hurt then you put in Wilson. Outside of Wilson stats has anyone seen him play with this team. I suggest that Tomlin start him for a game so he can see how he actually fits in our program.

13. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Injuries took their toll today. Down to our last two guards, a rb who was just elevated from the PS and an OLB who was a DT. Yet we almost won. The thing that bugged me was how conservative we were most of the game. If Fields is the guy then let him cook. Yes mistakes will happen but that is outweighed by the successes

14. Tank McGee

Tank McGee Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    I'm so tired of the utterly incompetent coaching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A lot of WR's are divas to begin with. Seems to be part of that position for whatever reason. However, I believe Tomlin is an enabler. He allows these guys to get away with this ****, he always has, and it makes it so much worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tank McGee

Tank McGee Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    What a waste of a 1st round pick. Poor drafting and coaching has doomed this team for years to come. 8-9 here we come baby!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You never know how things will go week to week. The same Ravens who rolled over the Bills last night lost at home to the Raiders two weeks ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Bills aren't anything special with that weak receiving group, and their defense gave up over 200 yards rushing to the Ravens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    This was their third road game of the season, upsets happen the NFL is a week to week league.

20. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Have you seen San Fran and KC play this year? I mean KC is 2 bad calls away from being 2-2 and just barely beat the chargers yesterday.

21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    there is no almost in this business. Either wins or losses. KC always manages to pull out with the win

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    However granted what you said to be true. When was the last time we beat the Bills. Once in 4 years not including playoffs

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They're a different team now a lot less talented, the Ravens provided the blueprint to beat them.

24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    That is the Ravens recipe for beating the Bills not ours. We own the Ravens but struggle with the Bills. Same coukd be said about the Colts demonstrating to the league how to beat the Steelers

25. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I honestly thought the "Mike Tomlin Special" game would come further into the season, but this was it. Just Awful from prep to end.