1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Omar Khan make the right decision on Najee.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Sep 29, 2024 at 4:14 PM.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    He is only a 4.0 YPC back at best in his best day....Thank god Khan did not pick up the option

The steelers need a better running back and fast!

The other thing,if the steelers would open up way before instead to run on almost every second down for the first 40 minutes,the result would been different

Tomlin need to stick with Fields as QB but they need a healthy running back if Patterson and Warren are not healthy....

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    I agree. Regarding the RB, I thought Patterson looked good, while he was in. He was doing all of the things Najee was supposed to do, but never really did.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2024 at 4:24 PM
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Sucks that Patterson got injured. He's better than Najee

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I have been one to give Najee the benefit of the doubt, but Patterson really exposed him today.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Harris is a good finisher when you're up by 10-14 and their defense is tired in the 2nd half. He never makes a difference early in a game. Great guy, and I'm a Tide fan, but he's not worth a 2nd contract.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    All I know is I’m getting sick of only seeing a 1 yard gain

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Agreed. And thanks - I had a feeling I got his name and kind of felt bad, but it's fixed now haha

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    This is worst when Smith call a run on second down and 7-10 yards

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    get Harris out we can find someone better in the draft

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    They already have a better back, but Warren is hurt. He'll even Patterson has a better burst than Najee.

11. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I have watched Patterson alot of his career, he is good but the last couple years he has been hit with injuries. I hope he can come back soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s just not very good. He’s a bruiser but that’s about it.

Right call for sure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    That's the one and only advantage Najee has on Patterson, he seems almost indestructible. Probably won't be for long though with all those stupid hurdles

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Does an explosive, dominant running back, game in and game out exist anymore? CMC was that guy last year. Before that it was maybe Todd Gurley?

Derrick Henry has been the only staple the last decade but he was a bull. Is there ever going to be a Ladanian Tomlinson or Adrian Peterson?

• Like Like x 1
  15. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    For the last two years watching the team, I’ve been calling him 2 yard Najee tiptoe on not hitting the hole bring in a running back that hits the hole and they’re getting 10 yards a pop so it’s not the offensive line. There’s a reason they didn’t pick up the fifth year option on him.

16. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Najee always looks like he's running in quick sand, zero acceleration

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    If you went thru my posts, you would find a lot of Najee support posts. Love the guy, but today was more reminiscent of last year's Najee where he is slow, bounces off of the line and can't find the cracks. Makes me sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

If they do, they are generally considered Top 50 picks *Hint Hint*.

This upcoming 2025 RB Class is chalk to the brim with such backs. That said, a three down back?! Very rare.

Those types of players go anywhere between Top 15 to Top 10.

19. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Considering how big Najee is he runs soft and with that said...slow. He has no vision or patience and runs up the Olines backs. Occasionally you'll see him do something but it's not at the level you saw today with Patterson or Jalen Warren when healthy. This offense and the running game is really missing Jalen Warren and his acceleration, breakaway speed, and quick cuts. I hope Khan doesn't make a mistake and resign Najee. The only thing he gives the team is dependability because he is never hurt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Najee is not the problem with this offense. Get him a solid Oline and he will break plays every week. This offense cant make any lanes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You wait until he has a bad game to say this, why didn't you post this after Najee carried the team in the 4th quarter against the Chargers?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  22. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    I like his character and toughness, but he seems to have no vision when running the ball. Warren and Patterson seem to be able to hit holes or cut back, and Najee just has way too many runs for no gain or a very short gain. The difference when Patterson came in today was glaring evidence of this. Just watch the way Jonathan Taylor ran today, with patience and cutback ability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah this is how I've always seen him.

I like him as a runner. He's good. But he's not a superstar, which is what you better get if you take a RB in the 1st round. He's a complementary guy. He's going to knock guys down, but never break the game open. I don't know why anyone ever expected him to be like that.

24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Folks there is more to a job as a rb playing for the Steelers or hell any other team than just running the ball, they must be able to PASS block and receive. We have two that can do this quite well. And ball security. I have been easy on the OL and OC up to this point, Our OL is inexperienced and beat up. Our OC is new and it is still early in the season. I hope to see
    improvement in all aspects of run game/ run blocking and in general offensive football.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024 at 6:01 AM
  25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they made them for patterson.:cool: