1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 29, 2024 at 4:10 PM.

1. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018

I’m so sick of Pickens. They should have gotten rid of him last year…but we have absolutely nobody else. How do you go from being so good at wideout to so bad, so quickly? Maybe Chicago likes him….lol.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. adullin

adullin Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2020
    Left points on the board first half. Made so many mistakes.

3. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    Russell Wilson has always been QB #1 on this team. Expect to hear Tomlin say Russ is 100% healthy and ready to go for next week's game.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  4. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Gonna by fun watching the Steelers hype you-tubers spinning this one.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Come out seemingly unprepared and cough up the ball equals a loss.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bad game by #14.

And I hope this game shows why some of us have been stressing the importance of finding a #2 receiver. Pickens cant do it alone and having a true #2 will make Pickens job easier as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Omar Khan made the right decision.

For that matter, this team is SORELY missing Jaylen Warren.

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I have been saying this for some time now; all the more reason I was estatic that Roman Wilson was selected. In my eyes, he was well in line to do so. However, that injury has severely derailed his development and, as a result, the entire Offense is paying for it.

Pittsburgh had better make a move before the Trade Deadline. Otherwise, more of the same. That or trust in Roman Wilson; more risky.

Take your pick!!

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Listings on a computer screen? Nah, he’s good.

He actually played well anyway, especially after the fumble. He should be named the starter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    My bad, I didn't brine my ears for the complete 60 minutes
    F#ckin game planning

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

No way in hell have I given up on him. Growing pains of a Rookie; doubly so from the Offensive Line. I know he will get better.

12. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Only person on that field today that I was impressed with was Patterson. That guy is bad ass, much better than Najee.

13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

All of us know he is!

Question is, will Tomlin announce it formally?! I severely doubt so. Then again, not announcing it could be another way to keep Fields motivated.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    [QUOTE="
    Biggest loser might be Fields. Tomlin isn't likely going to permit him to start now; not for another week anyways. Yes, I saw the highlight of him fumbling but he did give the team a chance to win. Problem was, another miscommunication on the snap.
    .[/QUOTE]

I am not so sure of that. He was 22/34, 312 yards, 1 td, no int, 104.0 rating. Those stats do not justify going to the bench.

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    I am not so sure of that. He was 22/34, 312 yards, 1 td, no int, 104.0 rating. Those stats do not justify going to the bench.[/QUOTE]

Again, I am not stating Fields is going to be on the bench. No way in hell.

I am saying is Tomlin is likely going to delay naming him the Starter for another week. That said, this was Justin Fields' best game he has ever played; fumble included. This is the Fields that reminded me of his Ohio State days.

As @Blast Furnace stated, a second WR would SERIOUSLY help out!!!! For that matter, hopefully something happens at the Trade Deadline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers continue their smoke and mirrors. Today we saw a preview of what's gonna happen in late November and December.

The defense is highly overrated. The O line is severely inconsistent and a huge detriment to our RBs. Can't blame Najee Harris for the constant 3 yard losses. Why the hell does Smith try to run him around the edge? Patterson was tearing it up on runs behind Center and Guards....and then he got hurt.

It's not a good team and Steelers D line are vulnerable against the better RBs of the league like Taylor. CBs got abused today by Flacco and Colts WRs.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Snap has to be on the center or guard.

not the first time we’ve seen this happen either. If you’re going on a silent count and everyone else is making adjustments, you have to have a way to let the center know to hold the snap until ready.

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

:shrug: Tap who/ what tap I didn't see no tap:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Again, I am not stating Fields is going to be on the bench. No way in hell.

I am saying is Tomlin is likely going to delay naming him the Starter for another week. That said, this was Justin Fields' best game he has ever played; fumble included. This is the Fields that reminded me of his Ohio State days.

As @Blast Furnace stated, a second WR would SERIOUSLY help out!!!! For that matter, hopefully something happens at the Trade Deadline.[/QUOTE]
    Got ya, I read that differently. I agree with you on that.

20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Harris was running through the same lanes as 84 was

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Down by three, you can’t execute from the 50 yard line with a kicker that can kick a 60 yard field goal. Best coach team in the league.

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Don't shoot the messenger!!

Just posting what I found on X!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Notice the facemask on fields as well. Not called.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

You think that the lack of continuity is affecting Frazier?!

25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The issue is Fields stares down who he is going to throw it to. I believe Smith calls the pass to whoever which in most cases is Pickens which would be his first read. If it is not there he either takes off off or gets antsy in the pocket. Can't say that the defense is taking out whomever is the #2 on every snap. This will have to be rectified and he needs to look off and taught to scan the field better.

Don't get me wrong without Fields just taking matters in his own hands in the 4th the score would have been worse and started a comeback. He deserves another start.