1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown on ESPN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BurgherBoy7, Feb 20, 2013.

1. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

True but if Tomlin is a hard ass behind closed doors, and/or he tried to fix it but couldnt...then I would say we have some serious respect issues from our players with our head coach. Either way, we have two active players indicating that we have a divided locker room and that is an issue no matter who's fault it is.

2. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I think the anonymous Steeler isn't a Steeler. I think it is ed DOUCHETTE The D is on purpose.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I would say a multitude of people caused problems this year. Woodley caused friction by being "awful". Wallace caused friction by being unable to "focus". Ben caused friction by being a crybaby over losing BA. Tomlin more than likely caused friction by benching every rb for fumbling and yet keeping Wallace and AB out there for almost every play. Mendy caused friction by literally just not showing up for a game. The defense caused friction early in the season by not being able to protect a lead. The offense caused friction later in the season for not being able to capitalize on the good field position the defense was giving them. I think there's actually more blame than credit to go around after this season. PLENTY of blame.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't take anything Antonio Brown says too seriously ESPN asked him the top 3 receivers in the NFL and he said Mike Wallace was #1. He's sticking up for his boy.

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Hines Ward has said the same thing basically. The leadership is gone . .We need more Jpeezies and Hines Ward type players. Is it me or do these younger guys seem like spoiled undisciplined brats.

Bman

6. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Unfortunately this is the evolution of sports now-a-days. The days of tough men competing to be the best by proving it to themselves for themselves and their team-mates are fading away. It is now all about me, flashyness, getting paid, being the center of attention, being cutsie and a showboat. Football is following basketball. Unfortunate. It is all about emulating the video-game realm...sad!

7. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Big Ben could be more of a leader too. Not getting along with the OC is not a great way to start off the season. But like most on here I believe it starts with Tomlin.

8. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I had read the same thing but it came from Hines Ward. He said that since he has left and a few other leaders that there is a lot of finger pointing in the locker room. He also said that when he played the Steelers where considered all brothers and there was no finger pointing, if they had a problem they worked it out together.

9. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    There are several comments on here that I agree with and some I dont. First, Tomlin isnt different in the locker room than what he shows on the field. If he is, thats why he lost the team. Players need to know that you are who you are and are consistent in that approach and appearance. If you act all big and bad in the locker room but act like scared school girl in the battle, you will lose respect of the players.

Secondly, Wallace was clearly never playing for the team, he was playing for him. I have never seen a WR fight LESS for a football than him EVER!! He has talent when he WANTS it, but he has been a huge disappointment for 2 years. Ever since he made that dumb 2000 yd claim he has been acting like a spoiled little biatch.

Ben not accepting BA leaving or how he left shows me he is an immature baby still. The Rooneys brought in a OC that runs an offense that doesnt get the QB killed. The Rooneys are trying to protect their 100M investment. Ben was having his best year before the injury and yet he still doesnt get it. Thats a player who is playing for himself.

I am sure all these guys want to win and win SuperBowls but if they arent winning they dont conduct themselves in a professional manner. I also agree that Woodley needs to step it up. I was fan of his when he played at Michigan, I was ecstatic with the pick, thrilled to learn he was a Steeler fan growing up, but hugely disappointed that he hasnt brought it since "getting paid".

There are a lot of holes in this team and most of them are mental, immature, selfish mindsets. There is no doubt we have talented players but we also have a lot of players who dont know what it is or how to play as a team instead of being the best guy on a losing team.

10. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :this!: You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!!!!:lolol:

11. jenyeart

jenyeart Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Yeah...I totally agree with all of this. Unfortunately, the players need to man up and stop trying to get attention from the media like they are little kids.
    This article pretty much sums up my feelings:

http://triblive.com/sports/joestarkey/3508690-74/brown-steelers-ravens#axzz2LpjOhzuM

Now can we PLEASE just get back to the task at hand and quit crying to the media? Settle the issues "in-house" and do what it takes to get back to Steeler fricken football!!!