1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown on ESPN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BurgherBoy7, Feb 20, 2013.

1. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Anyone else catch Antonio Brown on ESPN a few minutes ago? He basically said that the steeler locker room was divided last season and players had personal agendas :eek:. I hope this off season is an eye opener for everyone from the Rooney's clear down to the ball boys. And Tomlin needs to squash all of this and bring this team together. The one person who I can think of with "personal agendas" would be Wallace. And hopefully he will be taking his talents to south beach. I dont have a link on this yet, but if anyone finds one, feel free to post it.

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I didn't see it, but from hearing that it sounds like he's talking just about Wallace.

3. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Problem is I don't think one person, such a Wallace, would divide a locker room, so it may be even worse. Ben's issue with Haley was probably also a factor. With the offseason quote, Keenan may have been playing for himself and next contract. Mendy was an issue, but he's going. So many threads on Woodley, but there's something there.

Team needs some serious leadership but I'm not sure where it will come from. Our HC is a pussycat and there are no players that fit the bill

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  5. BurgherBoy7

Oct 16, 2011
    I saw this one too, but I was referring to the espn segment on sportscenter. Here is a link that 961kiss put up about it, if you want to post this video as well. And as always thanks again TTF. You da man! http://www.961kiss.com/pages/freakshow.html?article=10843299

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Ahh, good find. Sorry about that. :-D

[ABESPN][/ABESPN]

7. BurgherBoy7

Oct 16, 2011
    Again thanks TTF! You're always on the ball with this stuff! You'd think by now I'd be able to post these myself but for some reason I always mess it up lol

8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Yea i watched it, SAS asked him what where the chances of Wallace coming back, and AB said low. lol then SAS started thowing a fit saying we needed him, and AB said we dont need anyone that doesnt want to be here.. LOL

9. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Wonder if he got a free bowl of soup with that hat? :eek:

10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Good stuff. AB kept his cool even though SAS tried to get under his skin.

SAS asked a very profound question, though, and I'd like my MB cohorts to chime in on it. The question was (and I paraphrase):
    "Who is the fractured locker room a reflection of?"

Who? Anybody have any thoughts on that?

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :hmmm: hmmmm could that be Tomlin :shrug:

12. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Coaching staff and the veterans not stepping up.

13. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Could be

14. BurgherBoy7

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd say it most reflects on Tomlin. I read on pro football talk that Troy tried to step up and said that selfish behavior wont be tolerated. But it seemed to fall on deaf ears. Troy is soft spoken and quiet, for him to step up shows that something really must have been wrong. But to me, it falls on Tomlin more than lack of leadership from vets. Tomlin is there to create a game plan, and turn these guys into a team. And with the cleaning house the last few years, it seems the youth movement does not understand what it means to be a team. And Tomlin is the main leader, and he needs to show it.'

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-steelers-locker-room-was-divided-last-year/

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Definitely Tomlins responsibility but some players can't be reached, it's the prima donna attitude and certain players won't listen and will just continue to push their own agenda. All it takes is one to fracture a locker room, I'd jettison anyone who is the problem because this can't be allowed to continue. This story is disturbing, I wonder if things are worse then we know and that's why coaches are leaving too, I can't take another bad season of football.

16. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    We have to be careful about blaming Tomlin for this. First, we don't know what he is like behind closed doors. He could be a totally different person, it is hard to know how different the public persona is from the private one. Second, we don't know that he didn't try to fix it. Anyone remember that Mendenhall pretty much got benched for no real reason. Yes, he got suspended for skipping a game, but that was a game he was a healthy sit for. Anyone wonder why? Anyone wonder why Wallace wasn't a larger part of the offense? Anyone wonder why Rainey wasn't given a shot to stay around, but Ta'amu with a charge just as bad was?

Lastly, I think the team will come together and Tomlin will make sure that he has some activities in camp to make sure that they are on the same page. He will probably have a firmer hand this year. There was a lot of talk about on the field leadership last year, but the reality is the others need to follow. A leader may go over the top to charge the enemy, but if all the men stay in the foxhole, all it does is get that leader killed. I think we will see steps to improve things this year. I also think this is why we have a new WR coach who is more elderly, who has been through the drama before. He will help as well.

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    just look on his face on the sideline tomlin is useless
    now start bashing me

18. Bristerfan

Bristerfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    We Need more guy's like Antonio Brown on our team.......:herewego!:

19. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    .Brown gets nervous on TV He just spits out words and they come out all jumbled up. No story there guys
    Taylor would say something like, do you think the locker room was divided and ab would say *most defiantly* His first words after any question he is asked. Then he would throw words out trying to cover the mistake he knows he just made

20. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Who is SAS?

21. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Stephen A. Smith - host of the show Brown was on.

22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup, and it's my personal opinion that he doesn't deserve an abbreviation on this board....:rules:

23. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Why?

24. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Because he is a racist jag off who gets fired more often then Lindsey Lohan gets arrested.

25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Iagree he is a raceist jagoff, and i would love to beat his ass, but espn is'nt gona fire him, He made a bad sho worse imo