1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Justin Fields Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Sep 22, 2024 at 6:13 PM.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Save me a seat at the dinner table.. ill gladly eat some crow.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    What Fields needs to do for you to do this?

3. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    He is headed in right direction already. Hopefully it continues. A lot really rides on our defense. They keep playing lights out, we only need to score 15 pts a game to win. Agreed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2024-9-28_12-16-21.jpeg

I’ll be waiting for y’all. Line forms to the left.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It's not really a double standard at all, it is just the reality of the situation. I am excited about Fields, not because he is throwing 40 balls a game, but because he is showing clear progression. He is getting better at the things that were holding him back from being a good player. The frustrating part about Kenny was that he didn't. He continued to be unable to process zone defenses, he continued to miss open players, he continued to be inaccurate, he continued to bail out of clean pockets and have the play break down. Fields is getting the ball out quicker, he has been accurate, he hasn't tried to play hero ball... Yes, he is being asked to manage the game a bit more early on, but every week he has been given more freedom to open up and every week he's gotten better with it. Kenny fell on his face when he was given the freedom to open it up... These aren't feelings or subjective. This is factually what is and has happened.

Look, I get that Canada sucked and was kept far too long, but we can't continue to put all of Kenny's issues on him. Good players still look good in bad systems. Maybe not as good as they could look, but plenty of good players have taken poor systems and had some success. Maybe Kenny will have a revival like Goff or Smith, but in order to do so he has to check his mental approach. As someone who did play professional sports, the way he acted at the end of last year and the beginning of this year doesn't show the mental capability of someone that will succeed in professional sports. He has time still, but a finite amount. Its ultimately going to be up to him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    We have the whole season to work our way up to that. Our offense last week didn't look very "play not to lose" to me. We keep opening it up a bit more each week and Fields keeps doing better with it. Our defense is good enough that I don't think we will ever be forced into a true "shootout", so I don't see a reason why our offense cant improve enough to be able to beat anybody. We don't have to be ready to beat "anyone" weeks 1-3, its those last few weeks and the playoffs that matter the most.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’d rather eat Raven and we’ll just call it crow. I’m hopeful. Long way to go to know.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steelersfan84

Steelersfan84 Well-Known Member

Sunday
    We'll see when the schedule brings much better competition

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If we just eat Raven that will suffice....their cousins the crow will get the message.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Welcome to the table! Let the feast commence!