1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

LoL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Sep 19, 2024 at 8:57 PM.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hey We are really getting the new style of Qb play more , and more in the NFL. The overall play of the Qbs is so bad now this is the talk of the NFL.
    Banning the Cover 2. LoL
    Hey , they can't read defenses, but boy they can run. LoL
    Yes it's Steelers related...it's NFL related.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    That was such a stupid comment and a big overreaction for Mel Kiper....

Problem for offenses right now is that so many offenses don't play in the preseason and that affects the quality of their play in September(this is also the opinion for ex QB like Roethlisberger,Bradshaw,Kurt Warner,etc)

Also against the 2 high safeties formation, teams have to be much better at running the ball against that and run more too

3. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    True. With only 3 pre-season games now, teams are still trying to work things out early in the regular season. The first two games for the Steelers looked and felt like pre-season games to me, on the offensive side particularly, even with their starters in for the full games. Fortunately, they did just enough offensively to win both games, mainly thanks to the defense and Boz.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2024 at 7:54 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I find good QB play disheartening, How can a mid talent QB (Brock Purdy) be
    so successful . Are Qb's not being coached/ prepared at a young level. Are they not putting
    enough time into film study?

5. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    coaching matter but yeah this is true that some QB are not well prepared in college and other thing

6. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Should players salary be prorated then for first month? Fans going to games are paying big money to be entertained and not receiving
    their moneys worth.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

It's not just a Steelers thing, it's an NFL thing....Kurt Warner said after week 1 last week, it was the worst QB play on tape he has see in a week since he became an analyst...It's not just that we have one less game in preseason, it's mostly because some teams don't play their starter in preseason a single snap and it hurts when the season starts on offense!

After 2 week,the NFL had only 68 TD,just a little over 1 TD per team after 2 week!...Thank god the kicker in the NFL are at their best from 50 yards or more!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    My question, didn't Ben and Terry and all the rest play very few downs in pre-season anyhow???? They would play the first quarter if that. If starting offences played most of the pre-season the very first things every NFL fan would complain about is injuries before season even started. If I recall, when they had 4 pre-season games the 3rd game was where the starters would play maybe a half and see no action in last game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    This is the coaches who decide if the players play in the preseason or not....Blame the coaches in the NFL,not the players for that especially the young coaches who refuse to play their players in the preseason.It was not a problem before 10 years ago now coaches are scared like crazy about injuries in the preseason

Last edited: Sep 20, 2024 at 6:48 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    During the first 10-12 years of Roethlisberger, the steelers had a lot of action in the preseason but after that, it was much less, just a little in the 3rd game and that was it... It's not just a steelers thing, it's an NFL thing, like some teams don't play their starter a single snap

I'd rather take the risk for injuries in the preseason than not be ready in September when the season starts!

I know it cost Pouncey for the season and Jordy Nelson for the packers in the same game in 2015, it was a shame, but it was such a overreaction from the NFL,since that time,nobody play in the preseason...Very few action in fact

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    True, look at all those low scores throughout the NFL the first two weeks. It's not just us

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Just wait until the NFL adds an 18th game and removes another preseason game. September will basically be the preseason, but it will count.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    A very watered down product.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Goodell football.....

• Like Like x 1
  15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

the players are to blame for the lack of practice time

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    well at least we fit right in

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    For most of Bradshaws career there were 6 preseason games, if you can believe it. So I'm sure he played some, and would have had at least an extended training camp. Ben would usually play at least 1/2 of game in preseason. But these days, even with only 3 preseason games, teams don't play anyone of note. Kurt Cousins missed 1/2 of last yr, changed teams and never got a preseason snap. Neither did Aaron Rodgers. Maybe teams are erring too much on the side of caution and the early season rust shows.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

You’re also forgetting having over twice the amount of practice time. Not to mention players used to sit and develop until they were ready. These days rookies are thrown into the fire and fans call them a bust after a season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    More than any position, a quarterback's success is driven by what is between his ears more than his physical gifts. Quarterbacks must be intelligent. They must process what they see quickly. They must be mentally and physically tough. Purdy seems to have those things. I'll take that over a big arm and fast feet any day.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    NFLPA is mostly to blame.

how a coach prepares his team in preseason is limited. only so many padded practices. some coaches don't like padded practices but some do. limiting how a coach wants to prepare his team shouldn't be up to outside entities. it limits preparedness for many coaches. these athletes are so cuddled it's not funny.

these contracts they get are so stupid. just because so and so got this much i have to get more than that. shut up already. sure you may be good but you haven't made the team better in many cases. add that to the coaches list of tying his hands of what degree of athlete he can get at this position only to have a lesser athlete at another position because this guy is taking up all the money they can spend on other positions. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The Bengals are 1-11 in Zac Taylor’s time as their coach in the first two games of the season. He hardly plays any starters and if he does it’s only for one series in one game. Burrow said yesterday that starting 0-2 was no big deal to them and they will just bounce back like they always seem to.

22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is easy to say that from the outside. If most of us were in those positions, we would want to grab every dollar we could. That's how free markets work.

Yes, it is harder to prepare with fewer practices, but fewer practices also means less wear and tear on their bodies. That is a concern as well. I think what we are going to see is sloppier play early in the season due to less practice time, but better play late because players are healthier. Anyway, the NFLPA is doing what it is supposed to do in that case, protecting the players.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    No way he just suggested that. I had to rewind to make sure I heard it right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Don’t worry. The replacement of tackling with flags will address all of these problems. I’m thinking we’ll get there by 2030 or so at this pace.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If you added those 6 games to the 14 game schedule that is a 20 game season. I would not be surprised if in the future the NFL has 20 regular season games. By then they will probably be playing in the remote regions of China;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2