1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Well Maybe it was Him.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Sep 16, 2024 at 12:34 PM.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He didn't have 5 Qbs with more, or the same overall td, and more or the same overall yards.....why do You keep skipping this??

2. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Still can't believe that the Steelers didn't sign Mayfield after the Browns cut him. It was a no-brainer

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Bryce Young is the only one currently.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i thought so too, back then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

wow, i just don't understand why so much disrespect for Lamar.

all those guys are very good - and were in the discussion for sure. but I was waiting to see who STD was going to suggest.

Mahomes lacked last year. MVP was for the 2023 campaign, not for his CAREER. Chief and Mahomes in general were flat, D won for them last year.

Baker had a hot had - but not all season long. Came on strong in December and Jan, for sure.

Stroud and Purdy were really the only contenders. But all 3 - yes, that included Lamar - are / were worthy.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is what I was trying to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Pass… the AFC north tougher than NFC south.. thus he will have more success

8. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    because this is not important....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Mahomes did not have a MVP caliber year in the regular season last year....Not his fault since their receiver was trash but still not a mvp year

10. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    The Browns have never cut Mayfield....They trade him to the panthers back in 2022 offseason....No way the browns would trade Mayfield to the steelers.Mayfield was free agent in 2023 but at that time Pickett was the man of the steelers

11. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    This must be one of those "Mandela Effect" moments for me, lol. I could've sworn the Browns cut him after the 2021 season, but I stand corrected. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  12. NewMexicoLobo

NewMexicoLobo Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2021
    And, just maybe, experience might matter. As a football society we've given up on soooo many young QB's. I'm predicting that over the next few years there will be a few more that come back from the "QB-dead".

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Well, Fields is such a great athlete, and has a strong arm too, hard to give up on a guy with so much potential. Smart move on the Steelers part for giving him another chance to prove himself. Sure would be a great story if he found the success in Pittsburgh that the Bears expected from Fields when they drafted him in the 1st round. I don't know if many young QB's that were labeled a "bust" are going to get a second chance of being a starting QB again in the future, but it seems like fate has given Fields that opportunity. He's played the way the Steelers want him to play right now. Take what they give you, don't force anything that isn't there, try to score a touchdown if you can, and don't turn the ball over. So far Fields has played well, and could've been better if not for some untimely penalties. Good start for Fields and the Steelers, except for the unfortunate season ending injury to Cameron Johnston.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he's the only free agent possibly, but there could be some trades made, some draft picks offered. It doesn't have to be held to that free agent list.:cool:

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Bryce isn't a Free Agenet though. I brought his name up for his time in Carolina is very much over and thus a trade target. I still would advise against such a trade for Bryce Youngs overall confidence and ability to play this game is shattered.

Shattered beyond repair?! Possibly.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly. All players if they can stay in the league get better. It's what I was trying to say about Mason last year. The thing is .....many teams, and coaches can't wait this long, or it's the HCs, and GMs a$$es on the line.....also how much they get better is up for grabs. Every year we see someone put up these certain Qbs ....for a few games, and say look how much better they are ...Sam Darnold for instance every time He changes teams does well for a few games, and then turns back into a pumpkin.....maybe this time he won't.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he's been bad.:cool: