1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Well Maybe it was Him.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Sep 16, 2024 at 12:34 PM.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    He definitely has a soft spot in his heart for old heads, coaches and players alike

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

without the defense this offense isn't efficient either. c'mon. we are squeaking by at the moment. what is the new kid going to learn from fields? one read and run? we are or could lose a ton off this offense next year. 3 qb's, 2 RB's, LT, RG, then we have a few WR's in their final year. that is without touching the defense. depends on what fields wants to stay too. we can do better. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Darrell Royal (not, in fact, Woody Hayes)- "When you pass three things can happen, two of them bad."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

love that quote, but it is mistaken, as we all know.

it's a game of odds.

so is life.

"when you run, three things can happen, also" - mikeyg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Allen is much worse. I also doubt that Wilson can last that long given his current injury. There aren't any other options.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    No I didn't.

Mobile is those that can run. Running QBs run first. No lumping here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Richardson not only threw 3 picks but he fumbled twice in that loss to the Packers. He has completed under 50% of his passes so far this season. But wow he sure is big and fast and can throw that ball a country mile! In reality he is Jamarcus Russell Jr.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Did you factor in Jackson's rushing stats as well.... guarantee that makes a huge difference in your comparisons.....
    During Wilson's Seattle days, those stats would've been comparable, but those days are long gone

10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

you MUST factor in the WHOLE Lamar package, most don't.

he is very talented.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    there may be other options. depends what we want to offer.:cool:

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I said overall TDs(that includes rushing tds), and Turnovers.
    Again....Last Year....
    Lamar Jackson: 29 overall tds, 7ints, and 11 fumbles, and was MVP of the year.
    Russell Wilson: 29 tds overall, 8ints, and 10 fumbles... in two less games played, and on a terrible Broncos team, and yet everyone says He is done......YET.....Lamar Jackson gets praise for the exact same numbers of TDs, and turnovers. It really makes no sense

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Lamar Jackson last year
    29 tds overall (that includes rushing tds), 7ints, 11 fumbles...MVP on the Ravens top D in the league, and won 3 games without Lamar Jackson scoring one point.
    Russell Wilson in 2 less games than Lamar Jackson last year.... 29 tds overall, 8ints, and 10 fumbles....on a terrible Broncos team....that was so bad they gave up over 70 points in one game, and we just beat by just scoring one td......Yet many say Lamar Jackson is awesome, and Wilson is done. In all honesty....how can that make sense???....., and don't say record....because I already said the Ravens won games Lamar Jackson didn't even score points in, and We all know the Broncos suck....I thought the Broncos were so bad I won big money by betting they wouldn't make tge playoffs the Year they got Wilson. I knew they were not a Qb away.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I couldn't say it better myself.

15. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Who was your MVP last season in the regular season?

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not Lamar Jackson. I don't remember who I had, but it wasn't him. I can't honestly give it to a guy who had the same exact stats basically as a guy everyone says is done, and that guy played two less games....on a horrible team. And please don't say wins....because Ravens won games that Lamar Jackson didn't score a single point in, and Ben Roethlisberger went 15-1 , and nobody didn't even give him a vote. Everyone knows is about more than wins.

17. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Peyton Manning had a season record in 2004....The ravens had one of the best offense last year especially in the last 10 games and Lamar had the most win for a QB with 13....It was a weak year for the MVP but it was still the right choice...You don't mention that Jackson had over 4400 yards combined too with your comparaison with Wilson

Lamar could have more TDs if he wanted too, but it was Gus Edwards who had all the short TDs, like 10-12 TDs inside the 10 yard line

Josh Allen, Purdy and Prescott were the other candidates.Prescott was second I believe

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Stop.....stop....stop....Lamar Jackson could have had more tds. LoL.....so He didn't want His wrs, and TEs to have anymore either.
    Yeah, and Wilson had 3410 in two less games than Lamar Jackson played, and on a way way way worse team, or do you honestly believe the Broncos team is as good at the Ravens???
    Or are You arguing just to argue

19. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Just look at the MVP in the last 15-20 years and look at how many wins their team had in those years....Win matter big time for the MVP...The only one who was below 11 wins since that time was a RB (Peterson in 2012)...If wins were not that important for the MVP, Drew Brees would have won it in 2008 as an example, but the Saints were 8-8 that year

Wilson had just 1 fewer game that Lamar btw

20. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    who did you think was the MVP last season?

21. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    he can't answer that

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dude You are moving the goal post. You are comparing an 8-8 team???
    LoL. I know this.....no Qb in the history of the NFL had 5 guys with the same , or more overall tds, and overall yards, and was named the MVP. Nobody can dispute this.....

23. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    You were comparing Lamar to the season of Wilson in 2023.For in bold,just look at Aaron Rodgers,he was not far of that but he won the MVP because his stats was very good and the packers had the most win

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Mahomes should have been MVP. Honorable mentions: Baker Mayfield, Brock Purdy, CJ Stroud.... all better than LJ.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I said not Lamar Jackson. I would have to dig back through all that again to tell You who I thought. I said last year who I thought.....But .....Hey....
    If You are both Happy to give the MVP to a Guy that....
    1. Had 5 other Qbs with as many or more overall(yes that included rushing)Tds

2. Had 5 other Qbs with as many, or more overall yards(yes that included rushing)

3. That Had almost exactly the same amount of overall Tds, and turnovers as a Qb that played two less game than Him, on a terrible Broncos team, and most now say is done....., and...

4. And You keep say because of wins.....yet they won 3 games without that so called MVP scoring one single point......well ......
    Hey more power to you. The only reason You keep questioning it, and arguing is.....because deep down You know He didn't deserve it....I know He didn't deserve it, and anyone that watches football knows.....He didn't deserve it, but the media had him as their top MVP pick, and since it's the same exact media that does the voting on this well.....you see how it goes.....exactly the same reason that TJ Watt didn't win DPOY over Garrett.....yet You won't argue that, but you will argue this, but it's exactly the same thing. You know it, I know it, and anyone who read all of what I just wrote, and actually watches football knows it.