1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Here People

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Sep 11, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I really want the kid to get better, and I think He's a really good kid.....plus it would be a huge boon for us, but I won't bury my head in the sand for anyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I think over time he'll get more comfortable and more confident and he'll take more chances....He didn't have a full week of practice last week with the starters, that's one of the reasons he was safe...I'm also sure the fact that the Falcons had a great safety tandem was a factor in why Tomlin wanted him to be conservative and not throw too much in the middle of the field....He was better in the second half too

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    This was mentioned on "First Take" today. Tomlin knew that Cousins and the Falcons weren't doing crap against our defense so he went with a conservative approach. The only thing that would have lost this game is a couple of costly turnovers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hope so also :thumbs_up:
    Really I won't be down too much as long as He doesn't turn the ball over, but players talk, and when You keep missing open throws.....well You seen what happened last year....the targets will only take that for so long, but again.....I hope You are totally correct. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  5. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Except MT…….

6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013

Here's one from Chase Daniel. Not as polished of a channel (JT puts a lot of bells and whistles on his content), but Daniel was a much better player and is also really knowledgeable. Its good to hear from a different point of view and someone with a different set of eyes on it. Chase was a bit more complimentary of Justin than JT was. Credited him for 9 "plus" plays, 26 "check" (or even) plays, and 5 "minus" plays. Essentially he didn't win or lose us the game, but played overall winning football. Its a lot of the same plays analyzed (obviously), but a cool perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Maybe Tomlin is going to treat QBs like RBs now? Who is going to be RB1 today, Harris or Warren? Well now we can add who will be QB1 today? Just leave Wilson in the unknown status all week. Then opposing teams have to try and guess who will play Wilson or Fields? lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Fields was ok. Has to get into the end zone thiugh

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The guy is so bland. Does he do this with all teams? I believe Fields will get better. Will be interesting if he has a decent game against the Broncos. Tomlin may have tough decision to make when Russell is healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You will only hear Chase Daniels talk bad about certain Qbs, and He will make excuses for most Qbs ....Like Big Ben does..... Whereas JT doesn't care.....he just goes by the film. Actually nobody should have to tell anyone anything.....Just watching should be enough. I only post because people keep saying things like ....show proof, or stuff that has actually not happened. I see this stuff during the game, and wonder how others don't.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See that's not true. Who was the first, or one of the first on game day to complain about going for it on 4th, and one instead of kicking a field goal. The difference is I don't blame MT for imaginary things like others......like MT isn't letting His Qbs throw to certain people. LoL.....when You clearly see those routes, and those targets looking back for the ball. Stuff like that, or my favorite Tomlin does all the draft picks....yet when the same picks are good....great pick Khan....if they are bad..... terrible pick Tomlin. LoL.

12. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Your the most grounded poster on here. I think your good at keeping things in perspective and looking at all the view points.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Well the only constant in this offense it Tomlin this year. I have been careful of my criticism of Tomlin but if this train doesn't improve a little the engineer may need to be replace at some point. I get that it was the first game of the year and Fields was a late add. But did you see the middle of the field? Nothing! Just like last year. So let's see how the next couple of games go then we'll see.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I really really appreciate that, and I really try being, but I believe there are many on here that would argue that statement. LoL

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    watched the first half of this, reminded me of why I was so pissed the first half of the game.

the ball out in the flat to 11 - the Kyle Boller pass - pure suck
    the missed screen to Najee, pure suck.

honestly, Fields just might suck

he may never be able to throw.

The one early where he scrambled for a first down while Muth was there for a simple 12 yard pass - Fields does not trust his arm. I don't either. then why do we want him or have him?

his legs are the only reason, for now.

IF Russ's calf gets well soon, he will be in there.

Sorry to break it to everyone.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's not true. They had plays to the middle of the field....if they were properly executed. Look no farther than the very first 3rd down. Hell He shows it on the video I posted. What the players, and coaches are saying now ....afterwards are covering for the Qb....which I understand, but the game tape shows differently. Now later when they realized that He wasn't going to throw there, or couldn't see it .....they may have changed the calling, but earlier on that's not true.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's what I seen, BUT, I hope nerves, and not practicing all week was part of it. Because the more I think about it....the more I want this Kid to succeed. I'm a Steeler fan, and that will only help us, but I can't deny what I see with my own two eyes.

18. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I'll have to look at his passing chart again. I just did and I didn't see a single completion to the middle of the field. So you're saying it's Fields fault. Then when the coaching staff realized they could not make him throw to the middle of the field they gave up??? I felt better thinking this was the game plan. Doesn't add up to me

19. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Arthur Smith said it was because of him we didn’t use the middle of the field. Our mentality of not making mistakes and playing conservative handcuffs these guys. I’m not saying JF should just be slinging it all over by any means but all these dudes are like deer in headlights.

20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If Fields wins in Denver, he will be the starting QB for the rest of the season. I say this as a Wilson supporter.

21. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

nice back n forth there. we all CAN get along!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Passing charts are useless. Watch the game, and , or watch the video I posted.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Gosh dang people.....LoL watch the game, or the video. It's right on film. They are covering for their Qb .....which they should. If they didn't call the plays I would agree, but earlier in the game they did....the eye in the sky doesn't lie.

24. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

I am with you - i too want the STEELERS to succeed and any QB that plays. just not sure with JF. This is what i was concerned about the little that I saw in CHI.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Arthur Smith comes out and says he told Fields to avoid the middle of the field. That doesn't mean they weren't going to run routes through there to clear out defenders. Whether they were open or not is a moot point. If it is really true that Smith said to avoid the m.o.f., and not just coach speak for protecting his QB, then it stands to reason that Fields wouldn't even look at those routes during his progression.
    None of us really know for sure so there's a whole lot of assumptions going on because of Field's past shortcomings with regards to reading defenses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1