1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Zach Frazier, watch and enjoy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Vox Ferrum, Sep 10, 2024.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed he is.

Going to continue to get better as the weeks go on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Harris having his helmet pulled off by the face mask, then Bates took a swing at him and Pickens, I believe. No calls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    He's awesome. He's one I have no problem with paying the year before his contract ends.

4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

refs sucked

we got C Class on Sunday

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That was a big blown call. How the hell are none of the officials watching the guy with the ball closely enough to see Bates grab his facemask and use it to pull his helmet off?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's one of those subjective calls where one ref see's no contact, another sees that half a minute before the catch they were battling and that counts as contact in down by contact( even though it doesnt). I remember seeing them screw the Steelers once on a presumed grazing of a finger tip before the player stumbled to the ground and got back up and continue running.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    C class might be giving them too much credit. Unless C stands for Crooked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Zach was my pick early on. My Alma Mater.
    Love the work he's done.
    I did not go to St Vincent this year because I hate our QB's, but I regret not watching Zach there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    While on the Oline I’m the first one to thrash PFF but this is interesting. Moore looked ok last Sunday. It would be good if he could keep this up

IMG_0265.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Love the kid, desperately wanted to draft him and he played great. The fun part is, Frazier would likely be on the bench if Herbig had not been injured. Because Coaching.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I think the thing with Dan Moore is that, if you surround him with good blockers, he is good.
    It's just that he isn't one of the great ones who can lead the others and take that next level.
    So, for now, he's ok. But if I am Omar, there will be a guy to push Moore.

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Because they blew the whistle. can't challenge that

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Don’t think that can be challenged

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    We now have our franchise center!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Well it is a contract year for him coming up so you know what they say. Although I believe that Jones will end the season at left tackle.

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I actually agree with PFF on all levels regarding this list. The only thing I disagree is that their ratings are a bit lower than I thought; doubly so in Tailese Fuagas case. As far as Dan Moore?!

Easily his best game ever as a Steeler. That isnt hyperbole either. Moore may have taken some serious lumps during his NFL Career but if there is one thing he has shown... he is both resilient as hell and tough as nails.

Here is something else to note; Ray Fittapaldo has reported that Troy Fautanu may likely see the field on Sunday. If that is the case, then my biggest concern will also have been proven true in the form of Broderick Jones. Again, all speculation at this point but Fautanu is ready to roll and Tomlin has been adamant about having him out on the field. Dan Moore Jr isnt going anywhere for another week should he be ready to go.

Broderick Jones will be the odd man out.

17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This.

That said, I dont blame Nate Herbig. Again, this falls squarely on Mike Tomlin. When is Tomlin going to realize that every IOL cannot play every IOL position. It didnt work with Kendrick Green. It isnt going to work for Nate Herbig.

If anything, as much as I love Spencer Anderson, Nate Herbig is much better at Guard! That is what makes it even worse. Anderson had trouble in his first start. It is safe to say that Herbig would not have had nearly as much given his experience at the position.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

As I have been saying since Broderick Jones got that injury on July 28th, none of this is coincidence. There is now irrefutable evidence that the elbow injury he sustained during Training Camp has affected him in a big way. Who knows what the lineup will look like for Sunday?!

However, I was on record before and will be again; between the two, I will not be surprised if Broderick Jones is benched sooner than Dan Moore Jr. Tomlin is HELLBENT on getting Fautanu out there.

Dare I say that Tomlin has not been this excited about a Rookie since Ryan Shazier. Granted, the entire team thought very highly of Fautanu; many others as well. Hell, I didn't think Troy would be available for I was convinced that Tennessee was going to draft him instead of JC Latham.

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Kind of hard to believe refs are tracking the ball and not see the helmet rip. haha

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Ok that makes sense. My apologies to Tomlin. It was someone on "The Fan" the next day that said the play was reviewable but if the whistle blew then that stops the play dead.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I actually had Graham Barton if you remember!

Reason though is what we both agreed on; Zach Frazier was a First Round talent. To hell with the position. If you can play?!... you can play.

Frazier is an ass kicker.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The Morgantown Mauler!

• Like Like x 1