1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph wins #2 job in TN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mikeyg, Aug 27, 2024.

1. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    No matter what we may think of Rudolph, looks like he may get another shot to start

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    You just made that up. I actually listened to Titans sports podcast where they mentioned that Rudolph was clearly the best Quarterback in camp and the back up QB competition was really not a competition. That podcast still might be up. Malik Willis showed improvement but they were clearly shopping him. He was the only one new to the team. Just as I had predicted before the season that Will Levi throws interceptions, he did that including a pick 6 that lost Titans the game. Their coach also said that they were terrible on 3rd down Levi had a qb rating of 52. Their fans are already down on him on their message board. Couple more games like this and coach will probably start Rudolph.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Levis was 19/32, 127 yards, 1 td, 2 int, 3 sacks, 1 fumble (lost), 52.5 rating.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Possible but the moment of the interception for Levis was just awful

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yea many people on this board predicted he would be the next Joe Montana. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

in other words, he sucked

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    His interception in the fourth quarter was just brutal.....Not only it was a pick 6 when they were still up in the fourth quarter,but the decision,wow!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I meant Rudolph

9. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    In so many words, yes :lolol:

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wrote about the Steelers' quarterback competition in 2022 and you replied with a paragraph about the Titans. I made nothing up. You either switched the topic or didn't understand what I was writing about in my post. Rudolph was the only quarterback on the Steelers who wasn't new to the team in 2022, the opposite of his situation with the Titans this preseason.

Regarding the Titans, there are podcasts with people who actually know what is going on and there are those by fanboys who know nothing. I have no way of knowing who made the podcast to which you refer. Levis is their guy long term. They aren't going to give up on him after one or two games to turn the franchise over to a career backup.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Rudolph I doubt throws that lollipop, there.

that is what you get with Revis.

Revis sucked last year too

12. Steelvision

Jun 28, 2022
    Levis makes a salary of about 2.2 mill this year. Thats actually less than Rudolphs 2.8. I know its for 4 years but still thats not much of an investment or commitment

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Who is this Revis you are posting about?

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Levis is a second-round pick on his rookie contract. Rudolph is in his seventh season in the NFL. He is cheap because teams saw him as a backup. He wasn't even one of the bridge/potential starters like Jacoby Brissett, who got $8 million from the Patriots.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tiggs99

Oct 30, 2019
    Dedicated Titan Podcast with Ramone Foster and two other sports personalities that know quite a bit about Titan football because its their job and they are good at it...unlike a 'Formerscribe' who cannot get a sports job because he is uninteresting and wrong most of the time. :)

16. Steelvision

Jun 28, 2022
    Levis should start playing better if he wants a second contract. Steelers showed how much they value a 1st round Qb pick who they thought wasnt playing up to par. These rookie contacts are basically like probation - easy to get out of.

as far as Rudolph, he only got a chance to play 1 season and some change. Most of his career was on the bench behind Ben or the dynamic duo of KP and Trubisky. People mention 7 years as if the guy had a chance to prove himself for seven years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Revis is a CB that made the Hall of Fame. :lolol:

Played for Jets and Pitt.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Rudolph would have probably put 1 or more TDs on the board for the Steelers yesterday, if they still had him. It's a shame that we never really developed him into a proper QB while we had him - his magical late season performances proved that he has latent talent. I wouldn't be surprised if Rudolph moves into the QB1 position by mid-season. It's hard not to root for him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    typo....early AM - this Revis is Levis......he sucks.

you know him

20. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

correct - Rudolph would be a better fit as #2 IMO - or #1, as it would have been, yesterday. He knows the key players on O, would have been able to integrate more quickly into the new AS scheme.

He finally grew up.......last year.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You still haven't supported the credibility of the podcast. Why are you avoiding telling us the title or where to find it? Everything I have read from credible reporters is that the Titans are committed to Levis.

Please refrain from using personal attacks to prop up your arguments. Thank you.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I assumed as much, but the Titans don't seem to share your opinion of Levis.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    And he was a quarterback at Aliquippa, but I doubt the Titans are going to bring him out of retirement to compete with Levis.

24. Tiggs99

Oct 30, 2019
    Yup, Titans are committed right now to Levi until he keeps losing and then they will not be committed anymore. Levi has really not had two good games in a row. It’s not as if he is Rothlisberger with a proven record that you tolerate the lean period. I can name countless QB that were considered the ‘future’ until they suddenly were not. Pickett.. where are you. You already have headlines like the one below in national sports https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...ns-job-mason-rudolph/b4d9ee66d06c1ea315c6b4ae

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Who is Titans head coach? Is he under that much pressure
    after one game?