1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on regular season wk 1.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Sep 8, 2024.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Was Beanie suppposed to be alone in coverage on the TD? I was just listening, but a 5'9 beanie is going to have a hard time against a 6'4 WR.

2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    You always want, why can't you be satisfied with 6 FG's? LOl, but I'm with you, need to wash my drawers and get ready yet again.

3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I will forever be grateful to him for the generous contribution he made to Nesbit's Lanes. That place has been a staple in Plum for decades and I was very pleased that Pat recognized it and helped out after the pandemic nearly closed them down. I learned how to bowl there and have some wonderful memories of that place. They are a fine family, and they care about their customers.

I agree that the show can be funny however, I feel something is missing from what it was since it started.

4. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    No… McaFees show is awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree, but he will have an even harder time if he is no where close to the guy.

I don't think it was man coverage. I think it was a zone, but he stood out in space by himself while the receiver stood wide open behind Bishop in the end zone. That can't happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I'm certainly not going to judge Fields based on this game. For me it looked eerily like a Matt Canada offense.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Regarding the reduction?! Correct. Players are only granted that if they appeal the suspension.

As for Beanie's allowed TD?! I'd imagine that was a miscommunication between him and the Safety. Who that Safety was I am unsure. I will have to go back and look at the All 22 to find out.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Great overview #8 double bump and I will add two

11. Tomlin worst in game manager in modern times.
    12. Someone teach Fields the KP roll out since he likes to fall straight backwards and not make the rusher remotely have to change directions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tulsa

Tulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    I was nervous this week. But then this morning I saw Erin Dolan and Teddy Bruschi pick Atlanta. Then, I knew we were gonna be okay.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    They were definitely too cautious with him... maybe the short week? Once we turned it loose a bit he made some really nice throws down the field. He certainly wasn't awesome by any stretch of the imagination but could've connected 3 times on deep throws to Pickens had the ref not thrown the worst OPI I've seen in a while. I think we need more of that from him. Good run game, set up some easy throws for him, and then turn him loose on go balls (and that is not even factoring in his legs).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    We just ran a terrible play. It didn't look like they were all moving towards the same goal. Maybe they rushed the play, maybe players weren't sure what was going on, maybe something else. But it did not look like a well-run play. Take the time to do that play right and we should get it almost without fail

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You're correct the call might be zone, but you have to have the football instinct to cover that. You can't just stand there in your zone and cover nothing.

14. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    It is like he found a new source of youth......lol...... We can only be jealous.

15. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I hope he wasn't just a Roquan Smith benefactor. But if he is, I am glad we have Wilson.

16. Bubbahotep

Bubbahotep Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2022
    Can't wait for O Sullivan's breakdown on Fields. He still holds the ball too long in some cases. Where are the 1-2-3 ball out timing throws?

Harris and the 5 yards pitch backward is a failed concept. Harris doesn't have the burst to make that work, frequently getting tackled around the LOS.

The left side rushing attack was working. Thanks Dan Moore & Anderson.

The only time I heard Jones' name was on the penalty. That is a good thing.

17. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    I’m not sure Fields is the future. But I do think the offense is overly conservative. And I’d put that more on Tomlin than Smith. The guy will always be a defense-first coach. It’s just who he is.

Edit: To be honest I thought Fields was better than I expected him to be. He didn’t take any crazy chances with the ball. And he didn’t give the game away with bad turnovers, which is honestly what I was expecting to happen.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I actually agreed with everything this time. Usually just most of it. Spot on

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They call the game to win, and they call what they think the Qbs can handle. Coaches tell a hell of a lot about a player without even ever having to say a word.....just by how they call a game.

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I hope std has a freezer full of cheap frozen pizza to eat.:smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I was just telling My brother about it. LoL. I bought two.....so....if We win again.....I will take one for the team , and get two more, but man......they suck. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I don't know about the cheap ones, but the DiGiorno stuffed crust pizza's are pretty damn good. You can get them on sale for only 6 bucks

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah, I agree,,but these are not those. I can't even tell You why my dumb a$$ even bought these two....alcohol, and other things maybe had something to do with it. Because they suck. Actually I think they were 2 for 5 bucks, and I said this will work. NOT

• Like Like x 1
  25. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Agree with most. Didn't see what you did regarding Najee though. Had a nice run in there on the pitch right, but he still lacks vision and he still doesn't win 1v1 matchups to really break runs. 20 carries for 70 yards and 0 TD's is about as Najee as a game can get. Super unimpressive.