1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Agency, Rumors, interests, releases, crazy talk. wishes??

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bignasty92, Feb 6, 2013.

1. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hey TTF, Just a thought but why dont you sticky this, or make a new thread for everything mentioned in the thred title so we can all just post in one spot instead of having 500 threads a day pop up about this & that like i see starting today everytime something happens?? Just a thought :shrug:

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This will be the only thread on the front page. Here's an idea, how about having all the Ravens threads in the other team talk section or better yet go to the Ravens message board if all you want to talk about is the Ravens. And do we need several different threads about the same thing? Oh yeah and if you want to have a 20 post chat with another member about where you live and if you both know the same people try using the PM feature of the message board instead of hijacking the thread!

Glad I could help, PM me if you need more idea's.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm not sure how I feel about that, but if it's something the majority of people wanted, then we could do it. :smiley1:

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    for me is a good idea at least we can follow all the cuts that we should sign immediately ah ah :lolol:ah

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh my freaking God, Glenn! What is your problem???

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You guys take me way too serious. Guess I should have put Lol after that.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Um, might be me, but I really don't have any trouble navigating through the board :shrug:

Like it the way it is. I vote nay :thumbsdown:

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I dont have a problem the way things are for the most part...there are a few posts I've created (the NFL FA post and the Mock draft post) for example (among others I've seen)...to try to keep everything about those topics in the one post (which i'm sure helps out TTF with keeping things organized)...but for whatever reason people are too dumb (sorry just being honest) or just want to create their own posts on the same topic to feel special or something, haha and clutter things up. And I know TTF isnt going to sit around for hours looking for and merging those posts (not meaning this as a bad thing or anything negative towards TTF), but it can become a pain in the ass to do that. If people would use their heads and post similar/same topics in already created posts then the OP's idea would not be needed or wouldnt even come up for discussion.

9. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Its all good guys. Just a thought I had today while reading through separate threads. Either way ill still be here mixing it up with you guys & gals!!!!

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This!

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You guys make me wonder if you have been to boards that are really in disarray. And just to be sure, I took a look at the board before posting this and nope looks fine. The closest I can come to understanding what you guys are talking about is after a loss, then you'll find tons of singular threads about the same topic.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I like you brother, and I'm not trying to argue with you, but to be fair there are 8 threads on the first page that really have nothing to do with the Steelers and are mostly Ravens related so they are simular. There are two threads complaining about the refs in the Super Bowl, both of which have nothing to do with the Steelers. What's the sense of having the " other team talk" section if people don't use it? Hue Jackson coaching the running backs for the Bengals is well Bengals news. If TTF is ok with all of it that's all that matters, but doesn't mean I can't be bothered by it.

13. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    *ideas

You're welcome.
    :roflmao:

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lol

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    So a Steeler thread can't make mention of anything else but the Steelers? How does the Bengals improving not pertain to us? When I read that I said "oh great, going to have a harder time beating them". It's not like I posted something about Ben and Jerrys ice cream. And there is about 30 topics on the page, 8 "non related" Steeler threads really isn't alot. TTF has said many times that he is ok with how the board looks so why are you beating the drums about it? Quite frankly, I find your complaints about the threads more distracting then the threads themselves.

16. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    There are other boards? haha :)

17. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    ICE CREEEEEAAAM!!! I want ICE CREAM!

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Half Baked by Ben and Jerrys! The best. Although, I think they may have changed the ingredients a little, last couple times I have had it, it hasn't tasted quite right and looks slightly different. And of course, Cookie Dough is awesomeness.

19. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    gpguy, don't take offense to this but I'm not sure that calling others who don't use the message board the same way you do dumb is necessary. To go on and point out that you are "just being honest" does little to validate your position. You seem to be a knowledgeable football fan that doesn't need to stoop to that level to make your point. Sorry, just found that a little unnecessary (just being honest) even when I know it isn't directed at me because I, rarely, start a thread on here.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    There are 25 threads on the first page so that would be about 1/3 of the threads are not Steelers related, I'd say that's a lot. By your logic news from any team we play against is Steelers related?
    "Bengals sign Mike Wallace" - Steelers related.
    "Bengals sign Hue Jackson" - Not Steelers related.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, I don't consider it a lot, half the page would be a lot. And just because you find a topic uninteresting doesn't mean it's not Steeler related. I posted the Hue Jackson thread to start a discussion about how it would effect us, whether you want to believe it or not, Jackson has done very well with the ground game, Bengals are already becoming a dangerous team and if they get a ground game too, we are going to have a very tough time beating them. Go back and look at it, I didn't just say Hue was promoted and provide a link.

22. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Whatever!!! Let's just talk about this thread. I think if Wallace leaves it will be a terrible mistake. Nobody in the league will feel threatened by Jericho and E-Sanders(If he returns). Wallace would be my first sign.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    We are talking about the thread! Look at the title! ;)

24. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Free Agency, Rumors, interests, releases, crazy talk. wishes??

[​IMG]

25. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm with TE on this. The threads that are clearly better in the "Other Team Talk" section do get moved. But there is certainly a place for a discussion about how we shape up against our opponents on the front page. Likewise, the general standard of refereeing is relevant to how we understand the strengths and weaknesses of our team's play. Context is a good thing.

Plus, we can only have the same argument about Mike Wallace for so long, surely?