1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Pre-Season TV Map

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Aug 11, 2024.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    OK - not really a map but they're indicating that the last 2 pre-season games will be televised live on NFL Network, except blacked out in Pittsburgh/Buffalo and then Pittsburgh/Detroit viewing/market areas. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing after the mostly disappointing mistake-prone 1st PS game. At least they won't be guilty of "leaving it all on the field" just to maintain that enviable undefeated PS streak that vaporizes once the real games begin. :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dogman

Dogman Member

Aug 16, 2021
    I wish the NFL would figure out just what market the Harrisburg PA area is. We were scheduled to have the first preseason game as per the Verizon channel guide, but we got the Miami game instead. This area is supposed to be Ravens turf (that's BS) so why we didn't get the Steelers game doesn't compute. I did catch the replay the following morning, not convinced that was a good thing, however. The team looked like a work in progress, but Tomlin was in mid-season form with the challenge/don't challenge drive killing decisions.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I finally caught some of a preseason game today when the Donkeys played the Horseshoes. Boy those kickoffs are dumb.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    The kickoff rules are horrendous. Now you cant squib kick at any time, you have to notify the other team of an onside kick ( no chance catching them off guard ), if the ball doesnt get to the "landing zone" its as if it was kicked out of bounds and placed at the 40. Kicks out of the endzone are at the 30 and touchbacks are at the 20. The only good thing is that the ball is still live as long as its past the landing zone but not out of the endzone. All in all the KO rules are really dumb in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Agree with all you said/deciphered for us. And BTW - that avatar never gets old. :thumbs up:

My only #21 baseball card was a gift many years ago and the Topps ignorant people put "Bob Clemente" on the card. Nobody called him Bob. On rare occasions I remember announcer Bob Prince referring to him in praise as "Bobby". But no one ever called him Bob that I recall.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And guess what, after this past weekend, the Steelers are tied for 1st in the AFCN. Must be a really sucky division. Not to mention, the team they play this coming Saturday is in last place in the AFCE. :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Had same card but did enjoy the gum.

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Bumping in case you missed it. Some did. No names please. :rolleyes:

9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Noi really sure how he felt about Prince calling him Bobby. He accepted it, what was he supposed to do, but a documentary I watched spoke of his desire to be called Roberto.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Prince had nicknames for everyone - the Quail (Virdon), the Deacon (Vernon Law), Dr. Strangeglove (Dick Stuart), the Hawk (Don Hoak), Ducky (Dick Scofield) and plenty more that escape me. Not sure if Prince anointed Roberto as "the Great One" but he may have. And since it was so long ago, the "Bobby" I was recalling may have been "Robby"?

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    You may already know this:

https://local21news.com/sports/cont... Dave Madsen,usually playing the biggest role.

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    How the hell is the Capital of PA. Ravens turf?? I always thought Harrisburg was Steelers or eagles.

13. Dogman

Dogman Member

Aug 16, 2021
    The all knowing NFL designated Harrisburg as a secondary Ravens market. They obviously put zero thought or research into this as there are an estimated 7 Ravens fans in the area. Anyway, the local CBS affiliate years ago decided to air Steelers games whenever possible, but in recent history there seems to be less and less Steelers games. I don't know if this is due to change of ownership at the station or if the NFL got a burr under the saddle. As it stands we get hosed often by the Ravens schedule, and really sometimes by the Eagles when the Steelers are playing a NFC team. Why we had issues with the pre-season games is another mystery. A couple legislators recently have attempted to get the FCC to intervene with the NFL which will probably be the source of much amusement for the NFL. Maybe the Steelers could have designated Harrisburg as a secondary market way back when, but they apparently failed to do so.

• Informative Informative x 2