1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Khan's black eye. Give me DJ as WR #1, and being on the clock at #20 with all CBs still available.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Aug 30, 2024.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    IMO always has been and always will be won in the trenches.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    ?!

How does Khan have a black eye again regarding all of this?!

Again, NFL Trade Discussions can take weeks, if not months. Who knows what the initial deal was with San Fran had San Fran elected to pull off the trade. For that matter, I still wouldn't say this talk of trading for a WR is completed. Remember the NFL Trade Deadline is set for November 5th; a very good starting point for teams who are beginning to separate themselves from others.

Even though the Steelers history of in season trades for big names is extremely rare, Minkah being the literal only exception in the last 50 years, I wouldn't rule out that possibility.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Would they be better in theory with DJ. Probably. To me the difference is marginal. They might lose a game or two by less than a possession instead of two. Some people seem to think we lost an Adams, a Lamb or a Diggs. Johnson would be noticeable on a great team. In my opinion, he is not the difference maker some feel he is. His attitude needed to be shipped out of here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Exactly

Now some of his rankings were due to terrible qb play it should be abundantly clear he caused issues in the locker room. Everyone remember him watching a live ball on the ground? Kahn did exactly what had to be done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This. Would have been justified cutting him that day.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. You know Me and CBs....so You know my answer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What You are not factoring in is the Qbs. If Wilson has something left we will be fine. If not....well....,I will always believe the the Qb is responsible for 97% of Wrs, and how they look. Hell history has shown this....., and before anyone starts pointing out a few wrs.....I said 97% not ....100%. There are some Wrs that look good no matter who is the Qb.

• Like Like x 1
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Qb’s are responsible for getting them the ball. Why they get credit for what is done after a catch is made is beyond me.

qb throws a screen to a running back who in turn proceeds to take it 90 yards for a touchdown and the qb gets credit for a 90 yard completion and a touchdown. wtf? The pass didn’t even cross the line of scrimmage

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes ....LoL. Although the Rb does get credit also.
    The thing I'm talking about is throwing a catchable ball. Dang every time I spell that out the spell check keeps wanting to change it. Am I spelling that wrong???
    LoL.
    How many times do you see a Qb throw a ball behind a wr, and then they blame the Wrs??? I see it all the time, and I'm like throw a better ball, and He can get yac.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chucktownsteeler

Chucktownsteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2022
    Couldn't agree more on your take of Round #1. I have been saying it ad nauseum, there is no way I take TF in the first with the entire group of CB left on the board. We had the pick of the litter. Heck, TF didn't even protect his QBs blindside. That tackle went in Round 2 to the rats.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    This,.. IMG_0412.jpeg IMG_0412.jpeg
    You are so good you get a bonus

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    a 30 million dollar wr is a luxury item for a team that is ready to win now. The steelers do not have a franchise qb in an era when you need one to win playoff games. Our d line needs help, the wr room is extremely thin, the o line could be the worst in the league this year so giving up draft capital and 30 million was a dumb move anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    How is it a black eye when they haven’t played a game yet. I don’t like the WR room either but calm down until we see how they play with this group.

DJ had to go regardless, the primary reason they moved him was because he was becoming a problem in the locker room and felt he was a bad influence on Pickens. Sometimes it’s addition through subtraction.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Fautanu may have some struggles this season. He may be awesome. I'll wait until year 3 to grade the pick.

15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    correct - we have hashed this out for 4 months now. nothing new. DJ was average - always WAS and was messed up b/t the ears.

Wilson is the replacement. a shame he got hurt in camp.

a shame many got banged up in camp.

get over it people.

players move on - or are moved on.

and we got a darn good CB in process, a NEED.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

it is a childish post.
    Wilson may be a STUD. we .... will .... see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    And somehow there are posters who still think we should of kept him

Hmmm

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Didn't he go a full year without a TD catch after being paid like one of the better receivers? I think many will be surprised by our receiving group this year. Spread the ball to wrs, rbs and tes. Plenty of guys to defend. :cool:

19. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Not sure exactly how important WR is to all teams.

I've read some information from very very highly touted experts claiming

We're a running team DAMMIT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    There was also the game the season before when Tribs was benched for Pickett’s first game at the half. I think he threw a tantrum after not getting his foot down in the endzone.

21. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    I've said this before, we're a George Pickens injury away from opposing defenses packing the box and rolling the dice with their CBs being on an island with Van Jefferson or their LBs effectively single covering Muth.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    DJ needed cut if he could not be traded at least the hit something for him potentially a starting CB

A CB in the draft was a need but so was a tackle let’s talk again in 2 years

Other than not excessively over paying for a FA WR Kahn has done well

Mason is a back up QB we don’t need another one

Other than that I agree with you

23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Guess will never know until he actually plays with a decent QB.

24. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Yes, that was the season I was tied with him for TD catches… except he got paid, but I had to pay for NFL package - it was just not fair.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I will be watching and grading Khan on how well DJ plays in Carolina, and How well Quniyon Mitchell play in Philadelphia. I expect DJ to be over 1,000 yards even with Byce Young throwing him the ball, and I expect Mitchell to move to starting CB this season.

I expected DJ to stay here and play on his $18 million Cap cost; instead he is in Carolina and we are eating $6 million in dead cap space for him this year. The Steelers only saved $12 million by getting rid of DJ, and bringing in NOBODY to replace him!