1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Tomlin ever win another playoff game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Arch Stanton, Aug 26, 2024.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    True. 8 teams makes the most sense anyways, as it would do away with bye weeks and the like. We will win one eventually... I just don't see Tomlin leading us to another SB victory. If he was, he would have done it with the Killer B's squad. But it wouldn't surprise me if we won a playoff game or two in the next three seasons.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think yes. A playoff win is possible if we have no extended absences from key players, including Russ who I think is the only QB on our roster who can lead a playoff win.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I'm a very tolerant person, and I don't take any pleasure in using the "ignore" feature on anyone, but if someone continues to interfere with my peace of mind, I'll eventually blot them out of my perception. Life is hard enough, I don't need the aggravation

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Last season I stepped back from the board for a good long while. Had stuff in the real world to deal with which was very depressing and hard. I just couldn't enjoy talking with the gang here or enjoying football, it was just more negative that I didn't need. If they can stack some wins the place does lighten up.

• Like Like x 3
  5. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Very true. Some people just aren't worth your time anyways. Just wanted to say I've done the same for a poster or two and it hasn't affected my experience on here one bit :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This 110%

• Like Like x 1
  7. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    It's always doom and gloom until the season starts. Then it rides with the emotions of the season lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Yea it’s a beautiful thing. The question I always ask is if people don’t like the Tomlin complaining why not just ignore it? Instead it becomes people complaining about Tomlin and then people complaining about the people complaining about Tomlin. See the hypocrisy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Another funny thing if the Steelers were good news flash there wouldn’t be so much negativity and complaining! You hear that Art 3

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Hell, surrounded by HOF talent, even the "coaches" on this board could win!

• Like Like x 1
  11. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    The new age participation trophy. Hell let’s just let everyone make the playoffs and get “hot” at the right time.

12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Every team in the division has won more post season games than Tomlin in the past 8 years. Hell, 72% of the entire league has won a postseason game since the last time Tomlin won a playoff game. In the past decade, we are the 6th worst postseason team on the entire NFL. Only teams worse over the last decade are bears, dolphins, raiders, wash, and the cards. Tomlin has earned the bashing and will continue to get it until he proves he is capable of winning in the postseason. For those who get tired of the Tomlin bashing, there is a way to prevent it or at least slow it down. Win a postseason game for crying out loud.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I can't use the ignore....I liken it to covering your head with a blanket. It's still going on, but only you can't see it....f**k that....it's too easy just to skip over what some write. I always want to be aware of what's going on.
    Yes We will win a playoff game again. I know some hate the regime so much they don't want that to happen, and when it does happen....they will move the goal post, but to be honest.....winning a playoff game means crap to me. I've said this millions of times. I require two things, and we are really good at one of them. Win enough games to make the playoffs, and win enough games to get to the SB. Nothing less.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    In order to get the PA to agree to more games the league has to do something. More teams in the playoffs means more chances for playoff checks. NFL plays for money not trophies. 1 team gets a trophy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I can’t argue that $$$ is the king. Hell we are about to have a game every night on 19 different streaming channels soon.

• Like Like x 2
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    In a dozen different countries.....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Nah, there's always some people who will find things to complain about. We are "good" just not "great"... which is why there is so much negativity. We've been "great" for so long that "good" feels like hard times lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Tomlin will probably coach another 10 yrs. So he’ll likely make the playoffs 5 or 6 more times. Even if they stayed mired in 500-land, he’ll have chances to win in the playoffs, upsets do happen, tiebreakers work your way and you get a home game you didn’t expect. So he’ll probably win another playoff game, and when he does it will be a sign to yinzerland that the corner has been turned.

Will they win another title? I’m very doubtful about that. Tomlin’s comfortable in his job, Rooneys comfortable with Mike. They both believe their own BS about the superiority of the ‘Stiller Way’ and their ability to outthink the league. That mentality won’t change and when it does Tomlin will be out.

• Like Like x 2
  19. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Continous improvement. Would be nice to take a baby step to get a postseason win. I think we would all be happy about that and then build upon it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I would love to see a strong season followed by a playoff win at least it would feel like we are making progress. STD says it’s either Super Bowl or bust and while SB is the ultimate goal we all know how hard that is to achieve. A nice playoff run would go a long way to hope in the future. Right now besides the 9/10 win regular seasons there is NO hope!

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Well we had this discussion previously you could argue great in terms of regular season but sure as hell not great when the games matter so…. I wouldn’t call us great to good I would say good to poor as we are not even close to a contender for a decade plus. I know we made the AFC Championship in 16? That game was over 5 minutes in.

22. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    You all complaining about doom and gloom from most of us, the ****ing team hasn’t won a playoff game in 7 years and you want us to skip down the street?

Same team that changed its iconic stadium name to some ass cream sounding insurance company? A team that can’t seem to learn that they need something new at head coach?

Pray Tell, what exactly do you want us to do? Stop watching and posting so you sensitive types can post all day on here saying “Shucks, let’s get them next time.?” Ya, come on, grow up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I envision Arch, DJ and mikey sitting around a fire in a circle and ……

Well you know

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Can you imagine? I'm the head of a 13 billion dollar organization and I get the bright idea to risk it all on fixing games???? No the games aren't fixed

• Like Like x 2
  25. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Much anger I sense in you grasshopper

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1