1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Tomlin ever win another playoff game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Arch Stanton, Aug 26, 2024.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, it's a serious question? I'm not just talking about with the Steelers, but with any other team in the NFL if he should move on? I'd say no, unless he has a top 5 QB, and is surrounded by HOF talent

• Like Like x 2
  2. chucknoll

chucknoll Member

Dec 28, 2021
    No

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Absolutely not. In fact we will be lucky to win another game in your lifetime

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not? He'll win his share of games in my lifetime, just not another playoff game IMO. You know, the games that actually matter if you want to win another SB someday?

• Like Like x 1
  5. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I’m just saying exactly what you want to hear. You want doom and gloom so you get it.

however,the question remains since you believe the nfl is rigged why do you lose sleep over this crap? Since it’s rigged it doesn’t matter who we draft, sign, or who coaches. Just sit back, quit effing crying all day everyday, and maybe the script writers will feel sorry for you and write in a win.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I don't want doom and gloom, and I've never cried about it, it was a legitimate question. Coaches have a self life just like players do, and I think Tomlin is passed his

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Of course you’re crying. That’s what you and several others here do. It’s not possible to discuss football without yall crying about tomlin. Yall find a way to turn every single thread into a bash the coach thread.

again. You think the nfl is rigged so why do you waste your energy? You should go ask your YouTube overlords what the chances of the Steelers winning another game are

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes he will win another playoff game.

But here is the funny part, Say he wins a playoff game this year you wouldn’t be happy, it wouldn’t be because of him, it would be because of the players.

I am not a huge Tomlin supporter, I will wish well for him as long as he wears the black n gold.

I'm not an armchair owner like you all on this board.i know wins and losses don’t fall upon ONE person.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    This is possible....We saw a bad head coach like Bill O'Brien winning a playoff game in the past and you can play against backup QB,depleted team,bad playoff team or thing like that

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Congratulations "strummerfan", you're the first member that I've had to use the "ignore" function on :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 3
  11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    excellent! That’s slightly less mind numbingly stupid drivel

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Dude, please stay safe until we win in Atlanta;+)

I understand but I notice putting someone on ignore can get confusing when reading threads.

13. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    YES. Tomlin is 52. Seems to like the job so I could see him Coaching another 10 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes I believe Tomlin and the Steelers will win a playoff game sooner rather than later. Even with dominant teams such as KC, SF and so on the playoffs really do come down to getting hot at the right moment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    While I agree with a lot of what you are saying I will throw out there that there are times when Tomlin needs to be brought into the conversation whether it's to bash him or praise him I leave up to others. Such as in the trade TJ Watt thread. I brought up Tomlin because the OP want to force change on the team by trading Watt. I feel there are several options that aren't as extreme as trading a core player. On that list is Tomlin changing some of his core beliefs that have at times contributed to the team failing. Sadly at this point I don't see those changes happening because it's hard to change 17 years of bad habits. In the end if he gets the playoff monkey off his back it will be a group effort.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yes - the games that DO matter, but MT and Rooney don't seem to get it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I bash Tomlin alot myself, but Yes he will. We literally went through an extensive building process over the last four years and still managed to be competitive. Did he make a major mistake with the OC hire? Yes he did. Lets hope he corrected with the Arthur Smith hire. The buildout is nearly complete. We are maybe a couple of players away. If we need a franchise QB then that of course changes everything because those guys are hard to find.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

It’s totally reasonable to discuss coaches and coaching. However, that’s not what they do. It’s a never ending cacophony of bitching about tomlin. It’s impossible to talk about Steelers football without the usual suspects adding absolutely nothing to the discussion other than some variation of tomlin sucks. Thousands and thousands of posts parroting the same dumb crap. A couple of us actually discussed trying to have a forum devoted to discussing football. The usual suspects show up start doing their we haven’t won a playoff game, tomlin and Rooney, X’s and O’s….off to the general forum you go. Sadly it got 86’ed by the mods.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Yes. This year in fact.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    He had that and went 3-6 in the playoffs.

he ‘s got Wilson and a good defense and O line. I would say theres a decent chance he wins one this year. But getting to the super bowl - unlikely. He inherited a great team in 07 and won a super bowl and got to another. I think thats all she wrote for him. I think broadcast booth is in his future.

21. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I'd rather be confused than annoyed. I don't mind if someone disagrees with me in a constructive way, but I'm tired of getting bashed every time I ask a legitimate question, or express my honest opinion about something. I just don't have the time or energy to deal with it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    The league sent 6 teams from the AFC to the playoffs every year. The Steelers were usually right there in the mix. Then they increased the season to 17 games, and the payout was now 7 teams make the playoffs. The Steelers continued to stay in the mix. With the plan to go to 18 games, the playoffs may increase again to 8 teams from the AFC. Where was the last time the Steelers finished in the bottom half of the conference? Just keep making the playoffs. The wins will come back around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Its not that big of a deal if it is just one or two people, the problem only arises if you have to mute/block a large number of people (which won't happen, we generally have great people on here). You might see a response to something and cant find the original source of it, but its not a huge bother. The only people I've ever had to mute on here are because of personal attacks or something of the like. It generally takes quite a few of them before I ever get to the point of having to mute them... but it does happen. I haven't missed those folks either. So, you do you lol it won't affect your message board experience negatively at all.

• Like Like x 1
  24. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    18 games in the works? Didn't know that but imagine 20 will be coming sooner or later. When that happens maybe the Super Bowl winner should be the team who survived with most starters intact;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    They started talking about 18 right after raising it to 17.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1