1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TRADE TOMLIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Aug 24, 2024.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Didnt notice your flag is in that picture:hehehe:

2. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Good, bye, good riddance. Maybe you can hire him.
    Funny how your name is We Need A Change yet your comfortable with an underachieving 17 yr coach. Hilarious

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Should have traded him 10 years ago

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    "everyone" is a pretty big blanketed statement. I want a guy that can manage a program and hold his staff and players but most importantly, himself accountable.

The whole point is, cut out what is not working. Who we would go with next, is another story!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    Great question! I do not know.

Are you impying that a fired coach is no good? If so, there aren't many that have never been fired!

6. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Curious to know what you think our record is going to be. Looked in the annual Steelers predictions, you’re not in contest? Im just curious what you think our record is going to be.

7. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    Why do you say this? Belicheck, who some would argue is the best NFL coach of all time, is just a consultant. And that was not instantly after being let go!

8. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    This is a thread that needs a hall monitor. January 10 it's a great topic for discussion. August 24 it's a stupid, trolling topic.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    If he is still here in 2026 our streak of not winning playoff games will be at 10 yrs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    The we need a change is referring to how our fans whine and whine and then if something goes well, they cannot muster a bit of humility. If we won a Super Bowl they would say the GM did it or some other crap. When they won in 08’ they all say it was Cowher’s team. Two years removed. It’s just sad…

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Another sheep led to the slaughter.

12. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    You have another candidate in mind?

13. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    I think we can win 9-10 games. The schedule is not our friend. I think if Herbig can carry some of the pass rush load and one of the two QB’s can perform well, we have some good players. Injuries will dictate much of it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Oh, credit will be given to coach T . Dont try that with me. I give credit where credit is due, but also will tell you he is stale as a month old loaf of bread. Ill keep driving my car that keeps breaking down philosophy doesnt work

15. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Well, Bellichick is 70 years old. If he was Tomlin's age, he would've been hired as HC by somebody soon after the Pats got rid of him. Not even sure if Bill wants to coach anymore

16. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    That’s not what I think about in preseason. I try and watch the new players and see if we struck gold.

17. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I hope you are correct, hopefully we win a playoff game. I realize we have improved on the OL, some may not think so but give it time to gel
    Other areas, Qb wrs not so sure we improved.

18. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    S#1t, anyone in the league "can" win the SB! That's a cope out. What do you honestly think W/L? Is this you MT?

19. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    Not even .500 this year. 6 wins would almost be overachieving! I am taking into accounting , coaching (or lack there of), competition, players, depth, wear and tear!

5 wins

20. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020

AGREE. Steelers in desperate need of fresh air, IMO

21. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Knowing Tomlin, he'll probably still find a way to go 9-8 to keep his overrated non-losing seasons streak alive

22. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Yet, I get called an idiot for hypothetically presenting a scenario. I understand the same people who call me names are tired of same posts calling for a change. But guys, seriously, its time for the changing of the guard.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Search my posts on Tomlin.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    The problem here is, these problems are carried over from last season! OL sucks, QBs are not getting it done, skill players on O are underwhelming, the depth on both sides is not good, still stuck with the same ol' coaching staff.

Listen, I've been a fan since the late 80's. Through the 90's and even up to the mid 2010's, the Steelers were mostly dominant! Teams hated playing us! Even the lean years were very competitive for the most part and that was in a much tougher overall league. The players were very good and there was a vision. LBs were lean and tough. DL could plug/stuff the run and rush the passer, DBs were all over the field but could also help in run support. Offense could ALWAYS run the football! The QB position went through small patches but within a couple of seasons a new guy would emerge to either manage or dominate, like Ben! All of that, was no accident. That is "culture"! That is developing a team. Tomlin hasn't developed s#1t! In college, you have guys for at most 5 years (normally). NFL guys can stay longer, or not! Tomlin was lucky to hold onto Cowher's guys as long as he did. But notice how almost all of those key pieces retired or left within a couple seasons. What has he (MT) built since? Why wait till the end of a season, before having a discussion about a change? Complacency does not promote growth. That is where we a\have been that last 3-4 years IMO. Time for. a change

25. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    I see what you're saying but that schedule alone, will be very tough. I know you're basically saying that MT will find a way to luckily wiggle out to that 8-8/ 9-8.

We're in a rut right now. And the wheels are just spinning. No traction!

I feel sorry for TJ, Cam and other guys who are truly talented but also highly competitive. They are literally wasting their end of their careers with this team